: Is STS the wrong car for my leadfoot wife?

EChas3
05-15-09, 11:25 PM
My wife loved her 1998 STS. She has had front drive cars ever since '87. With Blizzaks on the STS in the Winter, she is OK. But now that it's Spring, her OEM Michelins with less than 25,000 miles cause her to fishtail easily.

Her 2007 1SE has only about 30,000 miles on it. She loves Caddy's. I'm thinking she could almost make an even trade for a DTS.

It would be easier than getting her to let up on the GO button!

Alternatively, any opinions on the best tire choice for rainy conditions?

K STS
05-16-09, 02:36 AM
How much are you willing to spend is the real question. You can get some EXCELLENT tread high quality tires that will be great in the rain, but they will be very expensive.

c5 rv
05-16-09, 08:45 AM
I test drove an 06 DTS Performance this week and it was an excellent car. It was very smooth on the road with none of the floating and bobbing of the regular DTS.

dkozloski
05-16-09, 05:24 PM
Get her a 1SG AWD V8 STS4. It goes like stink and she isn't going to be spinning the wheels. The launch is brutal.

EChas3
05-17-09, 02:06 AM
Get her a 1SG AWD V8 STS4. It goes like stink and she isn't going to be spinning the wheels. The launch is brutal.

It's true; I love mine. Conversly, a little more room might be nice as we generally use her car on trips. But she does like the car which goes 25% further on a tank of gas.

Tire Rack likes the Continental ContiSportContact 3. Any other sugestions for superior wet performance?

Lifer
05-17-09, 06:06 PM
"She loves Caddy's. I'm thinking she could almost make an even trade for a DTS."

I was also thinking of trading in the wife - let me know what you get for yours.

AllWheelEric
05-17-09, 07:52 PM
"She loves Caddy's. I'm thinking she could almost make an even trade for a DTS."

I was also thinking of trading in the wife - let me know what you get for yours.

Funniest thing I've read here in months (years?)!