: Is there anything "plush" about Cadillacs anymore?

BeelzeBob
07-14-04, 12:57 PM
If so... What? By plush, I mean extremely soft and comfortable...

Msilva954
07-14-04, 02:27 PM
Highly doubt it....even the mags are sayin their seats are like BMW firm now. And they ditched the beatiful plush carpet like in my 92' years ago.

Edit....the only thing soft and cushy is the amount of money that you have to put out to buy one......couldnt help myself. :)

RERM
07-14-04, 02:43 PM
In my opinion, the combination of ride, engine performance (seamless) and transmission is plush. Especially when compared to BMW and Mercedes
Benz. However I am a little put off by my STS performance in transient maneouvers. It could be better (see BMW) oh well, guess I know what my first mods will be!!!

tru504187211
07-15-04, 02:54 AM
Compared to my former cars...the '93 Caddy is veryyyy plush seatingwise. It was the first thing I noticed when I test drove the Cadillac that the seats were much more bubblier and softer.

Ralph
07-15-04, 02:57 AM
My Dad's DTS is extremely quiet at highway speeds, not to mention those massaging seats, very plush indeed. Well supported and not hard by any means IMO.

BeelzeBob
07-15-04, 11:37 AM
When I said "anymore" I meant the new breed. CTS, STS (which we can't exactly tell yet).. Since Cadillac is moving more towards performance and that BMW hard-suspension, hard seats, etc - I'm wondering about the level of comfort the vehicles have. I'm wondering if they'll be the plush automobiles we're accustomed to. If not, I hope they keep atleast a couple of models soft.. They don't all need to be about performance - do they?

elwesso
07-15-04, 12:47 PM
When I sat in a CTS and CTSv they werent like pillows like the older ones, but they were still very soft and comforatable......

Sometimes the really soft ones give you backaches because of lack of support.....

Caddy Man
07-15-04, 01:39 PM
my dts seats with the lumbar support were perfect. soft yet supportive, the towncar we used to have was very plush, but my lower back would ache after a long drive, no support whatsover.

Slick V
07-15-04, 05:54 PM
The XLR's seats are very plush, just the right mixture of firm and soft. Im hopeing that the STS's seats will be like this. The V is abit more on the side of firm(very comfortable though), but what else would you expect from a performance sedan.

elwesso
07-15-04, 06:43 PM
I think cadillac is targeting more the audience that BMW and MB is in.. Performance luxury... Buick and Ford/Lincoln/Mercury are going for the ultra plush ride.....

THe new crown vic's and grand marquis are PLUSH..... The seats are so soft and comfortable... I think the mercury grand marquis and the buick lesabre are the comparison cars for ultra plush rides.....

BeelzeBob
07-15-04, 07:41 PM
I agree with ya, Wes... I guess all of Cadillacs new cars will be performance sedans. I guess Lincoln and maybe Buick can get the customers Cadillac is leaving behind. And I guess that's not a bad thing - BMW and Mercedes customers would be nice...

Adam
07-24-04, 07:28 AM
Cadillac im sure will still have plush interior, maybe not as nice as the older ones but still plush. i dont think theyll go too far. but then again, ya never know, they've let alot of their loyal customers down with all of this.

fastball
07-25-04, 01:16 AM
Cadillac im sure will still have plush interior, maybe not as nice as the older ones but still plush. i dont think theyll go too far. but then again, ya never know, they've let alot of their loyal customers down with all of this.

Car magazines like Car and Drier and Road and Track are already calling the CTS the car that saved Cadillac. True, they have let their loyal (stereotyped) customers down, but have actually gained in market share over the last three years. 5 years ago there were people predicting the demise of Cadillac and a serious blow for GM over the next 10 years if they didn't change their direction and inject newer, vibrant life into their flagship nameplate.

In plain and simple terms, if Cadillac didn't start making a car that could be on the level with a 3 series BMW, C-Class Mercedes, or Lexus IS300, they could not possibly survive on DeVilles, Fleetwoods, and Sevilles. Younger affluent car enthusiasts (like myself) prefer tighter handling cars with sharp response and the availability of a manual transmission to go along with opulent interiors. BMW and Mercedes have had that for years. Cadillac didn't untill the release of the CTS.