: 08 STS Exhaust options??

trackbait
05-14-09, 10:20 PM
I gather from limited reading Corsa does not yet have a cat back system for the 08 STS?

Anyone know what changed underneath between an 06-07 and 08-09? Gotta to have my good rumble back, but this is perhaps a discouraging moment? May be pivotal on decision to buy an 08...

Anyone with info on this I'd like to hear all about it..

lreddiablo
05-15-09, 12:48 AM
Borla is the cat back, corsa is not cat-back, so I assume it should fit no prob, better than the Borla cat back anyways!

aintmisbehavinn
05-15-09, 04:48 PM
Just do the muffs off ebay, they bolt right up, great sound, you probably pick 2 up for 450.:cool2:

silverws6ta
05-15-09, 05:42 PM
Borla is the cat back, corsa is not cat-back, so I assume it should fit no prob, better than the Borla cat back anyways!

I disagree -- at least with the Borla kit on an STS-V -- quality, fit and finish, and tone are excellent on the Borla on that car..

I couldn't see how it could vary much on the standard STS -- probably going to order it for my mom for late mothers day present..

IMHO -- for less than a 1k catback .. i was very pleased regardless.

lreddiablo
05-20-09, 09:06 AM
I'm pleased with the corsa as well. I'm sure Borla is fine, made my decision by listening to differant videos on youtube. Not sure if it is correct but someone was mentioning that the factory pipes on the STS are more than adequate and having a cat back tubes didnt really make much of a differance. Its all up to the mufflers.

VineTime
05-20-09, 05:15 PM
GMPP Exhaust sounds great. I'd go with that.

trackbait
05-21-09, 12:25 AM
I guess I got to do some checking why Corsa doesn't have one for the 08 STS yet?

Can't imagine what could have changed underneath that and 05 through 09 would not be the same?

Anyone know offhand what the difference is?

Picked up my car TODAY and drove it 3 1/2 hours back home. EVERYTHING I was hoping and exptecting + more! Awesome car. Now, just need to let the exhaust to chime in a bit more...

trackbait
05-29-09, 11:54 AM
I've now spoken with 2 techs at Corsa. They indicate the feedback from Caddy dealers (or authorized installers) when trying to install on the 08 -09's that the hangar brackets are different and need a modification to fit.

They (Corsa) have no intention of producing a new axle back system for 08-09 STS's. Said a good muffler shop can easily adapt it to fit.

I found a set of brand new Corsa's on the net for $550 NEW in the box! Has a bunch of them too. This company bought out Regency Conversions (a Caddy authorzied installer) that went out of business, and he is just trying to unload the inventory of exhaust systems.

Also - to set the record straight. The correct part number is 14157, NOT 14158. You will see ad's on the auction site stating both. The are completely different exhausts.

See this link---> CLICK HERE (http://www.corsaperformance.com/CMS/Attachments/Cadillac_STS_V8_4_6Lpdf_494.pdf) and look at the drawings between the two systems. The STS uses the shorter pipe from exhaust take off and the short tips from muffler to end of the tips.

FYI.....

I'll let ya know on how difficult the mod is next week. Going to them them Monday and will attempt myself first (have welder and steel to fab something new if needed). If that fails, to the muff shop for more experienced hands.