: personalization error?

redlinests
05-14-09, 08:49 PM
I,m not quite sure what the heck happened but when i got in my STS , the seat was all the back and the steering wheel was all the way up (my exit position) and i was not able to move them(they did not go to my driver position when i unlocked the car?). This is a horrible position for me to drive! Of coarse my warr. expired 3 months ago , So here we GO!! i know the battery is good i had a new one put in less then a year ago, but i did do the disconnect thing to see if it would reset the system! NOTHING!! Still the same. Radio works ,nav works, just my seats and wheel? Any help would really be appreciated!! PS. mine is an early 05 and my windows DO NOT go up when i hold down the lock button! (just wanted to throw that in ):banghead: (NOTE) When i go into the CONGFIGURE Screen memory button goes blank and then says(Vehicle Personalization System Error):crying2: HELP!

EChas3
05-14-09, 08:58 PM
Check the fuses?

turnerbend
05-14-09, 09:07 PM
change battery in FOB.

redlinests
05-14-09, 09:13 PM
would't a fuse issue be more than just the seats and wheel? All other parts of nav system work! I will go check them though. Thanks :hmm:

redlinests
05-14-09, 09:15 PM
Batteries in FOBs good! Same Problem with Fob 1&2 ?

redlinests
05-14-09, 09:27 PM
Fuses Good! Now what? :crying2:

EChas3
05-14-09, 11:25 PM
EWill3rd around?

Barring expert advice, there's the old system reset. (After removing both battery cables, did you touch them together to discharge capacitors? Reconnect.)

next2pool
05-15-09, 03:58 PM
Also, if the battery is unhooked, the auto up and down feature for the windows won't work until you cycle the windows manually to reset that feature per the manual. That will also affect whether they will work with the key fob.

TimmyC
05-23-09, 06:01 PM
I've seen that error once. I had the console out and I think the antenna for the fobs was one of the things that was unplugged. Since you didn't unplug anything you could try putting the fob in its little dock inside the center console.

You should be able to have the dealer scan the car and tell you what codes come up. There could be a bad module.