: Reed is like famous and Stuff! (GAGS Delete)

trukk
05-14-09, 09:33 PM
Hope this isn't a repost.

Jalopnik posted an article on how to Disable CAGS for $7....directly attributed to our good buddy Reed @ CadillacFaq:

http://jalopnik.com/5252686/how-to-disable-gms-manual-skip-shift-for-seven-bucks

Cool.

-Chris

RightTurn
05-14-09, 09:59 PM
:worship::worship: Reed > *

CTSV_510
05-14-09, 10:12 PM
:werd:

:party:

MauiV
05-14-09, 10:37 PM
I have had a CAGS forced shift to 4th MAYBE 3 times in the 45,000 miles I have put on my V. Just use more go peddle.

Props to Reed for being an Internet Genius!!!!!!!!!!

rand49er
05-14-09, 11:02 PM
Good for Reed!

cadillacfaq is chocked full of great info. Kudos to Reed.

soundexp
05-15-09, 10:55 AM
Although I don't remember what vendor it was I got my CAGS eliminator on eBay for $13.95 including shipping. I looked and currently most of them are around $20 bucks plus shipping but it certainly is worth creating a search and then posting the eBay vendor for anybody to take advantage of. If I can find it I will.

CIWS
05-15-09, 11:12 AM
Yea to Reed and the FAQ at some outside recognition. :thumbsup:

Now someone needs to write the author of the article and tell them that CAGS did not eliminate the Gas Guzzler tax. :nono:

ctsvett
05-15-09, 02:33 PM
HAHA... thanks for the comments guys...

I find it funny how "the guys from cadillacfaq" (according to the article) came up with the solution. Search around HERE and you will find that the solution was put together on my work bench about 5 or 6 years ago (DAMN!) with advice from Stealth, and a local corvette buddy who did the same thing on his vette and Camaro... ALTHOUGH, I do love the links, etc. THANKS!

Hope everyone is good. Life has been crazy for me and I dont get around here that often, but I do talk to heavymetals all the time and he gives me the updates on what you guys are up to and how there is a new crop popping in.

I am still maintaining the FAQ as best I can (the easy stuff like the registry, Service manual, etc) but it has taken me some time to do the more major updates I have in my inbox (and I do have a full day of work thanks to you guys submitting stuff). I'm trying to make it more dynamic so if anyone with a 08 cts or 09 v want to help build something on the FAQ, let me know.

I still have my V and I am still loving it. Its finally dialed in. I've decided that I am not trading it in because I simply love it too much. If things keep going the way they are, this could be the last 400 hp or more gasoline car ill be able to buy! HAHA.

Reed

ctsvett
05-15-09, 02:34 PM
By the way, the reason I did that whole procedure, was that the duct tape (yes, duct tape) I WAS using to hold in the resistor kept falling out when the car got hot and the adhesive gave out..

DIY- hometown engineering at its finest! HAHAHA

Reed

The Tony Show
05-15-09, 02:54 PM
Hey- it's that famous guy! :wave:

Good to hear you're doing well, Reed.

lollygagger8
05-15-09, 02:59 PM
Hell ya Reed!! That just just shows you how badass you are! :2thumbs:

trukk
05-15-09, 03:10 PM
I still tend to think that Reed is famous and sh!t, not famous and stuff ;)

My title got house cleaned :D

-Chris

heavymetals
05-15-09, 03:13 PM
HAHAHA

You should tell everyone what a hard job it is keeping the sand on those Mexican beaches from blowing around........