: VIN # not right?

Lazarus_Rooney
05-14-09, 04:58 PM
im looking at my cars title because im curious about my VIN number and what it means.
so far everything else matches up except digits 6 and 7.

this is all the body style codes for 1990:
47-two-door coupe
69-four-door sedan
57-Eldorado coupe
69-Seville four-door sedan
67-Allanté

my title says 54. im confused. :pwn:

and how can i find out the exact date my car was built? i know it was built in arlington texas because theres a sticker on the window.

drmenard
05-14-09, 06:36 PM
ok...digit 6 is a 5= 19 sedan 4 door/ 6 window notchback
digit 7 is a 4= passive automatic belts

77CDV
05-15-09, 12:09 AM
The cowl plate will give you the month and week of build. As to the exact date, try looking on the underside of the IP, exactly in the middle below the climate control. There should be a date stamped there. On my 77, the date 062077 is stamped, and my car was built the fourth week of June, and June 20 was the Monday of that week. I guess to be really sure, you'd need the build sheet.

DopeStar 156
05-15-09, 12:40 AM
On my 77, the date 062077 is stamped, and my car was built the fourth week of June, and June 20 was the Monday of that week.

Where? I wanna know where mine is!!! I've always wanted to give her a "birthday." Hahahhaa.

Aron9000
05-15-09, 02:56 AM
If you look on the sticker on the driver's side door, it'll give you the month and year built. Not exact, but it takes all of two seconds to check.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-15-09, 03:02 AM
Where? I wanna know where mine is!!! I've always wanted to give her a "birthday." Hahahhaa.

Its rare that you get an exact date. Most cars just have a month and a year.

Lazarus, drmenard is right. That is also what my FSM says. Digit 5 and 6 are two separate things. If you really want to get stumped look at the build sheet in the trunk. According to the one in my '88 it has a 4 cylinder diesel engine under the hood. :confused:

My friend has an '87 IROC and one of the codes on his build sheet is "Power antenna" and right next to it is the code for "Power antenna delete." Once again... :confused:

77CDV
05-15-09, 10:23 PM

It's molded into the underside of the IP, on the horizontal lip formed as the IP tucks under. You have to get on your back and look up from the floor right over the trans tunnel. This should be a piece of cake for you lol:D.

I expect it's the date the IP was made, rather than the assembly date of the car itself, although my car would have been assembled four days later at the latest.

DopeStar 156
05-17-09, 02:42 PM
It's molded into the underside of the IP, on the horizontal lip formed as the IP tucks under. You have to get on your back and look up from the floor right over the trans tunnel. This should be a piece of cake for you lol:D.

Sounds like you remember my story about replacing that vacuum thing on the parking brake pedal, haha. What's the IP?

77CDV
05-17-09, 03:39 PM
IP=instrument panel. Yeah, I remember that episode rather well. As I recall, your language was such as to make even your car blush.