: Replacement Antenna Mast Differences

nicktime
05-14-09, 10:21 AM
Okay, I have the classic broken cable for the power antenna on my 1997 Seville. In searching the forums, the part number listed for replacing the mast/cable is 22038195. This cross-references to AC Delco and GM part #19151297, which I purchased.

After opening up the original antenna, the parts are different. The stock plastic section is "geared" to mesh with teeth in the cable. The replacement that I received from GM is completely smooth.

Am I missing something? Is there an alternative part number for the "geared" original? Or is this an "upgrade" that will work? Thanks for the help.

N*Caddy
05-15-09, 12:03 AM
Have a look here (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/169176-how-rebuild-power-antenna.html)maybe helps...

nicktime
05-15-09, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the link to your excellent post. Maybe I just missed something when I cracked open the case initially. The replacement part I have is exactly as pictured. The alternative is maybe what I thought was a "stock" antenna for this model is a slightly different variant. The interesting thing is that the rest of the assembly is exactly as all of the other Caddy antennas that have the bulbous nose at the top of the assembly where the seal is. It is a GM antenna even (Delco number). My son has it at college this week but will be home this weekend. I'll take a close look and do the rebuild then if possible.

Again. Thank you!