: Does 09 have Performance Traction Management

jimbo1320
05-12-09, 11:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the 09 "V" comes with Performance Traction Management. It would be listed in the owners manual. Early articals state it will be so equiped. I know the ZR-1 does have it but have the feeling GM sctraped it for the "V" until 2010, maybe. And would it be the same as launch control?

I have a build week of july 13th for a 09. That seems close to production of the 2010 to me.

jvp
05-13-09, 05:56 AM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the 09 "V" comes with Performance Traction Management. It would be listed in the owners manual. Early articals state it will be so equiped. I know the ZR-1 does have it but have the feeling GM sctraped it for the "V" until 2010, maybe. And would it be the same as launch control?

The V does not have it. The ZR1 won't have it until 2010. It's unlikely the V will get it in 2010, unless GM's released information that states otherwise.

jas

Street King
05-13-09, 10:29 AM
Am I missing something? I remember reading in the press that Performance Traction Management was first applied to the 09 CTS-V. Perhaps you're confusing this with the launch control?

jvp
05-13-09, 11:17 AM
Am I missing something? I remember reading in the press that Performance Traction Management was first applied to the 09 CTS-V.

It was considered for the V but never made it to production for various reasons.

jas

jimbo1320
05-13-09, 11:46 AM
That answers my question that PTM is a launch control system, one in the same with traction control. Sounds like a great system, to bad it wasn't ready for the "V".

So the system on the "V" cuts back on fuel as the wheels slip. Is that correct?

jvp
05-13-09, 12:02 PM
That answers my question that PTM is a launch control system

No. PTM has nothing to do with launch control. They're two different systems. PTM was designed to make it easier to apply throttle while on the race track. You round a corner and plant the throttle to the floor. The car figures out how much actual torque to send to the rear tires (based on various settings and parameters), and off you go.

So the system on the "V" cuts back on fuel as the wheels slip. Is that correct?

The traction control portion of the V's Active Handling System reacts the same way GM's TCS has been working for years. It retards timing, cuts fuel, and even gently taps the rear brakes to try and return grip to the rear end.

jas

jimbo1320
05-14-09, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the explanation.