: Coolio and My V

whisler151
05-12-09, 06:39 PM
So I was at my buddy's wedding when out of nowhere Collio walks in. Apparently the bride is the personal trainer of Coolio's girlfriend. The best part was when he agreed to sing a few of his old classics..."Gangsta's Paradise" and "Fantastic Voyage". He also sang some song about American cars and Cadillacs, so I asked him if he would take a few pics next to the V. He was actually a really cool guy. Its hard to see with the tree behind him, but he was still rocking the crazy spiked hair.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=3583

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=3582

nikon
05-12-09, 06:45 PM
who the hell is coolio??

whisler151
05-12-09, 06:52 PM
who the hell is coolio??

90's rapper. You seriously don't remember him? I know you are young but not that young.

vNWhmkNIIwk

WxF-ImXaUdE

VforMe
05-12-09, 06:58 PM
Sweet it's Coolio.....who's the goofy looking white dude?

whisler151
05-12-09, 07:04 PM
Sweet it's Coolio.....who's the goofy looking white dude?

Some douche with a truck motor. :thumbsup:

nikon
05-12-09, 07:20 PM
eh, I know the gangstas paradise song....didn't listen to rap in the 90's still don't now, some is good but for the most part...eh...and the only reason I know of the gangsta paradise song....weird al :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo74Dn7W_pA :)

shadybx7
05-12-09, 07:31 PM
:histeric: weird al :wtf3: nikon, you need to listen to real rap not funny ironic white guy rap... weird Al is a hack

Great pics Whisler!!:thumbsup: Im glad coolio wasn't a douche bag... btw nice parking spot for that sports car with a truck like torque curve.. :lol:

Luna.
05-12-09, 08:35 PM
:histeric: weird al :wtf3: nikon, you need to listen to real rap not funny ironic white guy rap

No, save yourself Nikon and don't listen to any rap...

lilgCTS-V
05-12-09, 08:42 PM
hahahaha thats sweet

CTSV_510
05-12-09, 09:05 PM
Nice! I can't believe he agreed to the pictures! Doesn't he know it's an LS2? :ack:

But seriously, that is pretty cool.

nikon
05-12-09, 09:25 PM
No, save yourself Nikon and don't listen to any rap...

you don't have to worry about that....fo shizzle!!

CIWS
05-12-09, 09:31 PM
That's real Coolio ! :rockon:

liqidvenom
05-12-09, 09:34 PM
its good to see famous people with money act cool around regular people. i've met some celebs here and there and for the most part they just want to blend in like normal people.

what did he drive there in?

whisler151
05-12-09, 09:38 PM
its good to see famous people with money act cool around regular people. i've met some celebs here and there and for the most part they just want to blend in like normal people.

what did he drive there in?

Ummm...2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Maybe he was just "blending in"?

814V
05-12-09, 09:47 PM
Nice! I can't believe he agreed to the pictures! Doesn't he know it's an LS2? :ack:

ahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

damn thats pretty sweet im not gonna lie.. did you just tell him it was a lS6?

CTSV_510
05-12-09, 10:48 PM
:rofl:

whisler151
05-12-09, 10:55 PM
ahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

damn thats pretty sweet im not gonna lie.. did you just tell him it was a lS6?

Hell no, you know he likes torque and whores. He loves the LS2!

c4ss
05-13-09, 12:09 AM
That's pretty damn cool. Seems like one of those famous people that don't put themselves on a pedestal which is cool (not like he could anyway as a rapper but whatever). What the hell though, how do people not know who Coolio is? I remember being young and hearing Gangsta's Paradise on every damn station on the radio when he was big. Liking rap is one thing but living in a cave is another...:hmm:

jebfrank
05-13-09, 12:33 AM
Thats pretty cool

Mystical_Ice
05-13-09, 12:54 AM
that's awesome man, good pictures. glad he was cool. i was at a wedding that george strait showed up at, which was pretty awesome :)

LUVMY04V
05-13-09, 07:36 AM
Sweet :thumbsup: Cooliolio

on a side note
my bud met tim silvia at a wedding last summer but he said he was a ass-hole ..... i told him he should have tried to punch his big flabby ass LOL

Claimslngr
05-13-09, 09:00 AM
Who is this George Strait guy?:hide:

LOL :devil::histeric:

justin311
05-13-09, 09:06 AM
Good parking spot

whisler151
05-13-09, 09:21 AM
Good parking spot

Thanks, I got there a tad bit early. I knew from the rehearsal the day before that was where I needed to park. Luckily the grooms dad's Audi A8L W12 was parked next to me during the wedding. He drove off as Coolio and I were walking out to my V.

stinkpalm
05-13-09, 10:46 AM
Sweet :thumbsup: Cooliolio

on a side note
my bud met tim silvia at a wedding last summer but he said he was a ass-hole ..... i told him he should have tried to punch his big flabby ass LOL

Figures...your friend should've shook his hand and thanked him for not being the UFC champ anymore, b/c he was the most boring heavyweight fighter to watch in UFC history :want:

LUVMY04V
05-13-09, 11:01 AM
Figures...your friend should've shook his hand and thanked him for not being the UFC champ anymore, b/c he was the most boring heavyweight fighter to watch in UFC history :want:LOL that would have been classic .... until he boringly beat his ass for saying it :histeric:

SLPR 6.0L
05-13-09, 11:59 AM
Hell no, you know he likes torque and whores. He loves the LS2!

well put.

Kmajecki
05-13-09, 12:18 PM
Tell me you raped that black M3 in the background after the wedding ;D

lollygagger8
05-13-09, 01:17 PM
Nikon, what are you 15? Ride ride slippidy slide :lol:

My famous encounters:
Met Wayne Brady at a classy restaurant here in town, he was a major dick...way too little to be acting hard lol.

I did meet the singer and guitar player from Incubus backstage a couple years ago....those guys are super cool.

Met the singer from Type O Negative (going waaaaay back) when I was a kid, major dick. But he is like 7'2" and is a vampire, so he can do whatever he wants :lol:

LUVMY04V
05-13-09, 01:43 PM
Nikon, what are you 15? Ride ride slippidy slide :lol:

My famous encounters:
Met Wayne Brady at a classy restaurant here in town, he was a major dick...way too little to be acting hard lol.

I did meet the singer and guitar player from Incubus backstage a couple years ago....those guys are super cool.

Met the singer from Type O Negative (going waaaaay back) when I was a kid, major dick. But he is like 7'2" and is a vampire, so he can do whatever he wants :lol:wow type o negative LOL I remember them back in 96 :histeric: I even had one of there cd's... I remember thinking (btw i was 14) "aww these guys are super cool cuz the lead singer is huge and he sings all deep n stuff" HAHA Oh to be young and dumb :p

ahahnu
05-13-09, 01:52 PM
who the hell is coolio?? The said part is youth today thinks what is produced today is rap. The 90s were the best era rap had and will have. Come along and ride on a ...... fantastic voyage! Great jam.

Luna.
05-13-09, 01:54 PM
The said part is youth today thinks what is produced today is rap. The 90s were the best era rap had and will have. Come along and ride on a ...... fantastic voyage! Great jam.

If the best rap is the equivalent of root-canal work, what does that make bad rap??

ahahnu
05-13-09, 02:01 PM
Lyrics, sampling, no structure. If you listen to Biggie, he's telling a story. So is Eminem. Others is just a beat to shake booties to. Don't get me wrong I like booties shakin, but I usually only listen to rock, classic rock, but the "true school rap" still has a soft spot.

c4ss
05-13-09, 02:05 PM
Illmatic FTW.

lollygagger8
05-13-09, 02:26 PM
Today's "rap" blows. Old school rap was great to listen to (coming from a guy in a hard rock band)
You youngsterz need to download the following and get yo learn on :2thumbs:

Dr. Dre: Dre Day
Eazy E: Boyz n the Hood
Ice Cube: Today was a good Day
2Pac: I Get Around
Biggie: Big Poppa

Kmajecki
05-13-09, 02:53 PM
This one tells quite a story lol 1993! (Nine Tres)

Mista Big Mista Big... "Some N*gga tried to jack me but he only had a knife, a clip fulluh' hollow tips took the bitches life"

ohY8VFfeFE0

**Note: It's pretty graphic, not too much so for you tube apparently but either way, feel free to remove my post if it breaks the rules ;)

lollygagger8
05-13-09, 03:35 PM
Oh snap....8ball & MJG! Suuaavvee Hooouuuuse!

EDIT: And don't forget DJ Quik!

rangerrob
05-13-09, 03:50 PM
Thanks, I got there a tad bit early. I knew from the rehearsal the day before that was where I needed to park. Luckily the grooms dad's Audi A8L W12 was parked next to me during the wedding. He drove off as Coolio and I were walking out to my V.

way to get that lame M3 in the shots... someone photoshop that out pronto, lol

Aron9000
05-13-09, 03:53 PM
:histeric: weird al :wtf3: nikon, you need to listen to real rap not funny ironic white guy rap... weird Al is a hack

Great pics Whisler!!:thumbsup: Im glad coolio wasn't a douche bag... btw nice parking spot for that sports car with a truck like torque curve.. :lol:

Weird Al is awesome, and has way more talent than most rappers nowdays. Even if he is white and nerdy(hell, he pokes fun at himself in some songs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6eswhgOKk

VforMe
05-13-09, 04:06 PM
This one tells quite a story lol 1993! (Nine Tres)

Mista Big Mista Big... "Some N*gga tried to jack me but he only had a knife, a clip fulluh' hollow tips took the bitches life"

ohY8VFfeFE0

**Note: It's pretty graphic, not too much so for you tube apparently but either way, feel free to remove my post if it breaks the rules ;)

Damn, I thought Eight Ball & MJG were our little secret down here in TN:shhh:

Kmajecki
05-13-09, 04:27 PM
lol I love the chrome and dome rhyme, too funny

VforMe
05-13-09, 04:52 PM
lol I love the chrome and dome rhyme, too funny

I went looking for 8 ball on the google and check out the cover on his newest album:

It all makes sense now.

Kmajecki
05-13-09, 05:01 PM
LOL Perfect! Is it a new album?

GMBOUND
05-13-09, 07:20 PM

They were definetly not a secret in Houston, TX!!:welcome:
Whisler, does Coolio live in Dallas now?
I've got to get home!

CadzillaTN
05-13-09, 07:44 PM
coolio owned mainstream rap in the mid 90s..
tupac and biggie were considered "true" rap for the time

franklin is hardly rap town there vfm~~...:thepan:

8ball/mjg as well as triple 6 mafia have been around for 15-20 yrs in mem. I remember friends in high school having to go deep into the hood to get demo tapes. another good rapper from mem is kingpin skinny pimp.

the #1 metro crime haven in america provides an excellent source of reference material for songs.

memphis rap ftw bitches!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/241978/2/istockphoto_241978-uzi.jpg

smashn808
05-13-09, 07:47 PM
90's rap is the best. I just can't get into this new stuff, it just all sounds the same. MaN.. I'm getting old.

VforMe
05-13-09, 09:33 PM
coolio owned mainstream rap in the mid 90s..
tupac and biggie were considered "true" rap for the time

franklin is hardly rap town there vfm~~...:thepan:

8ball/mjg as well as triple 6 mafia have been around for 15-20 yrs in mem. I remember friends in high school having to go deep into the hood to get demo tapes. another good rapper from mem is kingpin skinny pimp.

the #1 metro crime haven in america provides an excellent source of reference material for songs.

memphis rap ftw bitches!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/241978/2/istockphoto_241978-uzi.jpg

I havent always lived in Franklin. Don't be questioning my street cred. I've been in Blackhaven after midnight.:brutal:

Besides nobody actually lives in Memphis, you probably live in Collierville or Bartlett or something.:sneaky:

whisler151
05-13-09, 09:46 PM
Tell me you raped that black M3 in the background after the wedding ;D

way to get that lame M3 in the shots... someone photoshop that out pronto, lol

Owned him! He is stage 1 Dinan, so nothing big. We raced once...did pulls from 20, 40 and 60. It got pretty stupid. We got to the point where he would just floor it and I would hit it once I saw him go. Each time I raped him. The TQ of this LS2 is amazing!

ccextra1976
05-14-09, 01:05 AM
Owned him! He is stage 1 Dinan, so nothing big. We raced once...did pulls from 20, 40 and 60. It got pretty stupid. We got to the point where he would just floor it and I would hit it once I saw him go. Each time I raped him. The TQ of this LS2 is amazing!

why don't you just put that M3 on a trailer and haul him around town, after all that is what the LS2 was made for:histeric:

814V
05-14-09, 01:35 AM
that is what the LS2 was made for:histeric:

buahahahahha..

c4ss
05-14-09, 02:42 AM
....The TQ of this LS2 is amazing!

Just imagine the power in an LS6 then! :sneaky:

lollygagger8
05-14-09, 09:34 AM
why don't you just put that M3 on a trailer and haul him around town, after all that is what the LS2 was made for:histeric:

:lol: :histeric: :lol: