: Upload Stock Failed Error 1017

1-2-N-V
05-12-09, 12:19 AM
Hey Jesse, you out here? Any body else get this Error 1017 when putting in W4ME tune? I was just reading another post about some uploading problems now i have one too. After trying to upload twice with the key in the on position the device read Upload Stock Error 1017. I even tried taking out the 4 BCM fuses as one guy suggested (sorry i don't remember who said it at the moment).I tried it again with the key on. No go. Then i tried it with the key in the run position. eh eh, nada. At 11:00 at night i figure i will let it go for the night. I did not try to start it after putting the fuses back and all. Gotta go to work tomorrow and my Dad is borrowing my truck so hope all is the same....

Anyone got any ideas why this comes up? Jess I'll be callin! Thanks Guys!

Mike

CadV
05-12-09, 12:23 AM
You trying this on a tuned ECM? If so you need to put your stock one in.

1-2-N-V
05-12-09, 05:43 AM
No. it is stock. beats me???

wait4me
05-12-09, 10:32 AM
Mike call me now if you want. Im in the office.

jwa999
05-12-09, 10:34 AM
There are a total of 6 BCM fuses. 5 10A and 1 15A. I pulled all 6.
After a failure, restore back to stock first before trying a new tune.

zman1
05-12-09, 10:53 AM
Mike,

what did you find the problem to be after talking with Jess??

1-2-N-V
05-12-09, 11:07 AM
Going to call him now, will let you guys know.

Razorecko
05-12-09, 11:17 AM
also please post up the build date of your V...this way Jesse can organize whats the issue with what build date

1-2-N-V
05-12-09, 12:10 PM
You get that date off the door panel? He says that i may have to call SCT if removing the all 6 BCM (I only saw 4 in the dark) doesn't do the trick. That he hadn't seen my error before.

62Jeff
05-12-09, 01:09 PM
You get that date off the door panel? He says that i may have to call SCT if removing the all 6 BCM (I only saw 4 in the dark) doesn't do the trick. That he hadn't seen my error before.

Open the driver's door, and look for a silver sticker in the lower door opening, on the body of the car. The sticker is on a vertical surface, under the tire pressure decal.

Titaniumseeker
05-13-09, 07:09 AM
I have a similar problem. I have Performance , Max Performance and Pulley programmed in my unit. I started off with the Performance tune and everything loaded fine. After reading a positive thread on the Max Performance I decided to try loading it in and that is when the problems began. The Performance tune was already loaded so I returned the car to Stock before attempting to load the next tune. When loading Max Performance I received the 1017 error code and the message ECU Not Supported. :eek: I can restore back to stock and load the Performance Tune all day without issues but when I try the other tunes I consistantly receive this error :confused: Anyone else have a similar problem or know of a solution?

Jess... I'll be contacting you today for your assistance.

1-2-N-V
05-13-09, 08:50 AM
Hey guys. I see someone else has a bit of a problem:rant2:

I just want to say that i had tried the max tune a few times now and i pulled out all (6) of the fuses first and still have the stock upload error. I have not tried the performance tune yet. I guess i should.
As far as my build date it is 12/08

Anyone else have this problem?

Titaniumseeker
05-13-09, 09:42 AM
Hey guys. I see someone else has a bit of a problem:rant2:

I just want to say that i had tried the max tune a few times now and i pulled out all (6) of the fuses first and still have the stock upload error. I have not tried the performance tune yet. I guess i should.
As far as my build date it is 12/08

Anyone else have this problem?

Hummmmmmmm.... Try the performance tune. If the performace tune is the only tune that you can load then your problem would be identical to mine.
Have you reached Jess yet?

1-2-N-V
05-13-09, 10:01 AM
Well TS i have not tried the Performance tune yet but i will later today. I have called Jessy on this, He says that he has not seen this error yet and that i may have to contact SCT, the Mfr. of the handheld.

wait4me
05-13-09, 11:10 AM
For everyones information, You dont have to go back to stock in between programs. If you want to go from performance to MAX performance, or any thing, you dont have to go back to stock. The tunes will automatically overwrite the stuff needed to transfer my tunes into the right spot.

Your error must be something to do with going back to stock and then trying to reuse the custom tunes and it is thinking you are a new car. You can only go back to stock a certain amount of times before needing a hardware reset also as it thinks you are swapping the unit to a different car each time.

I have a firmware update for those who want to email me and try it. I dont think it will fix any of these problems, but it will fix the STSV ones for no comunication.

Razorecko
05-13-09, 11:32 AM
For everyones information, You dont have to go back to stock in between programs. If you want to go from performance to MAX performance, or any thing, you dont have to go back to stock. The tunes will automatically overwrite the stuff needed to transfer my tunes into the right spot.

Your error must be something to do with going back to stock and then trying to reuse the custom tunes and it is thinking you are a new car. You can only go back to stock a certain amount of times before needing a hardware reset also as it thinks you are swapping the unit to a different car each time.

I have a firmware update for those who want to email me and try it. I dont think it will fix any of these problems, but it will fix the STSV ones for no comunication.

What kind of a hardware reset ??

1-2-N-V
05-13-09, 11:53 AM
Jessy, I am doing this for the first time. Is the procedure of of the hand held to first upload the stock tune and then to download the custom tune into the car, correct? I have not tried to do the performance tune yet, as i will today on lunch. I will keep you posted. Is there a particular instruction i should read off that CD that comes with it? Because there are so many, i dont know which to use.

wait4me
05-13-09, 12:03 PM
No you dont have to do anything first. The unit does it all for you.

When you get the unit, all you do is hit program vehicle.
Then select the custom tune tab.
Then you just select your tune.
It will show on the screen what you need to do next.

As for the hard reset, SCT would need the unit to reset the counter. "This is only needed though if you are returning to stock over and over again for no reason.

jwa999
05-13-09, 05:31 PM
But when I bring it to the dealer, I need to revert back to stock every time, in case they fool with it.
So this cannot be done unlimited number of times... I do have a 6yr/100K mile warranty and intent to keep it that long.
The fact that it's already tied to my vin number doesn't help? I guess when it fails we'll give SCT a call.

So the Unit knows when it's already saved the stock and won't overwrite the saved stock accidentally with a tune that's currently in the car.

Hans.

Razorecko
05-13-09, 05:51 PM
So Jesse do you mean you need the hard reset when you try to go back to stock continuously or is there like a # of stock times before it needs the reset. I.e..10x back to stock and you need a reset,etc

wait4me
05-13-09, 05:57 PM
Never mind, it dont do that any more with the resetting back to stock.

nc09v2
05-13-09, 09:49 PM
I have a December build date, and I uploaded the performance tune without any issues when it was first released. I don't think December build has anything to do with the reported upload problems.

My car runs very well on the street with this tune, for anyone on the fence, it really works. I was/still am tempted to do the cold air and exhaust, but my car is pretty entertaining as is; I'll probably end up doing them at some point before too long.

Jesse, I did want to know if you are going to do anything for my tune request, I had sent you email(s) last week and had not heard back from you.

1-2-N-V
05-13-09, 09:57 PM
well i am still screwed. I cannot load this for nothing. I've had it. I will call SCT tomorrow to see wtf this Upload stock error is. I am very disappointed now.:nono:

Uriel
05-14-09, 06:56 PM
From the SCT Tech Support website:

What does the Error: '1017 Upload Stock Failed' mean?
1017: Upload Stock Failed: Unable to upload stock file. Solution: If using pre-loaded tunes then check to make sure you have the latest tune revision installed from the Tech Support section of our website. If this is for a 6.4 Truck and you are

RapidRob
05-14-09, 07:11 PM
Just installed my, "Performance", tune today with no errors or issues. I didn't even have to remove the BCM fuses ... buld date of my v2 was 02/2009.

Rob

Titaniumseeker
05-14-09, 08:13 PM
well i am still screwed. I cannot load this for nothing. I've had it. I will call SCT tomorrow to see wtf this Upload stock error is. I am very disappointed now.:nono:

No I AM SCREWED!!!!!!! Got home too late to contact SCT and tried the load again. Received a download failure and a 1034 code with a message to return to stock. So I tried to return to the stock program and received a Program tune failed error woth a 1016 code. Now the car is Dead in the water and won't start. WTF!!!:rant2: I will have to call SCT at 08:00 in the morning to see if they can help......

Titaniumseeker
05-14-09, 08:49 PM

No I AM SCREWED!!!!!!! Got home too late to contact SCT and tried the load again. Received a download failure and a 1034 code with a message to return to stock. So I tried to return to the stock program and received a Program tune failed error with a 1016 code. Now the car is Dead in the water and won't start. WTF!!!:rant2: I will have to call SCT at 08:00 in the morning to see if they can help......

1-2-N-V
05-14-09, 10:23 PM
Holy Screwed Batman, I guess the bat mobile lost its wheel and the Joker got away eH?

Kidding Man at least my Darknite still flys

SCT Help us. :welcome: I don't know what that means Uriel. I guess it just means that it cannot upload and store my original stock program. I Have the CTS V that is the thread we are on here. i guess that this programmer needs a software and firmware update??? Jesse said you guys were workig on it. Any word for a fix for me and my friend Titanium?

wait4me
05-14-09, 10:52 PM
Pulling the fuses for BCM will allow it to work if you are able to read out the stock tune. Maybe try pulling more fuses. SCT is working on the other stuff. They fixed several bugs in the latest firmware update they emailed to people.

IF your car isnt starting you just need to pull the fuses under the hood. Then it will work.

RapidRob
05-14-09, 11:44 PM
Just a thought - are any of you trying to load the tunes with the engine running, versus with the engine NOT running with just accessory power on?

The SCT tuner does remind to turn the engine off before trying to load tunes, but I suppose the msg could be missed - AND - it could make a difference ...

Rob

Titaniumseeker
05-15-09, 12:10 AM
Just a thought - are any of you trying to load the tunes with the engine running, versus with the engine NOT running with just accessory power on?

The SCT tuner does remind to turn the engine off before trying to load tunes, but I suppose the msg could be missed - AND - it could make a difference ...

Rob

Eh no.. That is a sure way to fry your ECU. I am not a first time user of a flash programmer. This programmer does tell you to turn the key but not start the engine and turn all accessories off so the instructions are pretty idiot proof and doubt that they could be missed.

1-2-N-V
05-15-09, 07:11 AM
W4ME or SCT please send the software or firmware update to my address @ northlandcontracting@msn.com Or do i have to go to the site to do this. jess i just want to know that if i did go and download the software and firmware update hat i will not lose your tune. I did not do it already because i assumed that this handheld was set up specifically for the Caddy and if i downloaded their "standard" programming it would mess it up. I just need a confirm that it is ok and i will do it.

Man i wanna load & run this thing this week end

TS you got yours running yet?

Kadonny
05-15-09, 10:20 AM
Wow, I feel for you guys, I was in the same situation. Tried to load the performance tune, got the error, tried to load back stock, got the second error. From there, the car wouldn't start and I got a whole bunch of service lights on the car, AC, ABS, stabilitrack. However, pulling just the first 5 BCM fuses fixed me right up. I got back to stock, then loaded the performance with no issues.

TS, did you pull the bcm fuses?

Titaniumseeker
05-15-09, 10:59 AM
Guys,
I am back in business! This morning I pulled the six BCM fuses (5) 10A, and (1) 15A and was able to restore the stock programming and start the car. Rudy, the SCT tech, was very helpful. I did not attempt to reload any of the tune programs because SCT Tech Support is looking into why we are receiving these type of errors and experiencing these problems with the X3. I do expect to hear back from them soon and will post the info as I receive it. Thanks for the support!

Kadonny
05-15-09, 11:01 AM
Good news.

Rudy@SCT
05-15-09, 08:54 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Rudy. I'm a tech at SCT. If anyone is having trouble with their X3, tuning the vehicle or getting back to stock please let me know and I will be happy to try to help you out. I apologize for any issues you may have encountered thus far.

1-2-N-V
05-16-09, 05:53 AM
Yeah Rudy, Thanks
I am not having trouble getting back to stock, i am trying to upload a custom tune for my car an i get this upload stock failed error1017. it seems that the tuner first has to upload the stock tune to be stored. i cant get past this point. Do you recommend the software update and firmware? I was going to do this but i did not want to lose the custom tune programmed in. Is there any thing i can do?

wait4me
05-16-09, 11:01 AM
You dont need to upload stock file first. It does that on its own. Just select program vehicle, then hit right once to get to custom tunes. Then when it asks turn the key on, then select one of the 3 custom tunes. IT will do the rest. Just make sure you pull all the 6 fuses.

1-2-N-V
05-16-09, 11:21 AM
You dont need to upload stock file first. It does that on its own. Just select program vehicle, then hit right once to get to custom tunes. Then when it asks turn the key on, then select one of the 3 custom tunes. IT will do the rest. Just make sure you pull all the 6 fuses.

Jess. I am not trying to do anything but follow instructions. I do go to custom tunes then turn key on. Pulled fuses too. Goes through an upload and when at 100% I then hear a relay clunk and it gives me the error. Then says no custom tune stored

1-2-N-V
05-16-09, 01:39 PM
I gotta try it again I guess

Rudy@SCT
05-16-09, 02:35 PM
Is your car an automatic or manual? Also, what Firmware (FW) version do you have in the "Device Info" menu on the device?

1-2-N-V
05-16-09, 05:03 PM
I have a manual . Iam not sure how to find the version . can you tell me how please

1-2-N-V
05-16-09, 05:28 PM
holy friggin smokes i cant even down load the software from SCT to my computer with out and error. Unreal man. Unreal.

GMX322V S/C
05-16-09, 05:30 PM
^ After you plug it in, press the left-arrow to get to the Device Info icon and press Select.

1-2-N-V
05-16-09, 05:32 PM
I believe now that i plugged in the hand held into my computer, in the device info, i found FW version 9.2.109.5

Please let me know how to update this device because it seems that may be the problem.

GMX322V S/C
05-16-09, 05:45 PM
^ That's the same version I have (9.2.109.5); mine worked fine with no fuse pulling (my car has 10/08 build date).

From the sctflash.com website:

X3 GM Enhanced Flash Device Firmware
Application: X3 GM Device PN:3400
Current Version:1.2.111-3400
Last Updated:04-13-2009

...the version numbers are way off; may need a special build straight from them.

GMX322V S/C
05-16-09, 05:50 PM
Off-topic: mine also says i have 5 unlocks left; will this number stay the same as long as the unit stays married to my vehicle? I will be returning it to stock tune every time I take it to the dealer for service (I've already done it once).

1-2-N-V
05-16-09, 06:52 PM
At this point i really just want to send it back. I tried to download soft ware which in turn will let me down load the firmware (i guess) and that wont even work. Jess has there been any resolve that the company has given you? For me i just don't have the time to go through all of this. This simpler the better is my motto. I can download software to my computer. I can put it in a file easy to find later. But it just seems like a big hassle here for this to work. I cant believe that this only happens from one car to the next. Some of you guys don't have to pull fuses while others do. This crazy to me. You would think a computer is a computer not knowing ant difference. It would just act the same. either it will load or wont . either you pull the fuses or you don't. WTF
I hope to hear an answer shortly. i have been on chat line yesterday and the tech told "Ah yes,let me check into this" and then never hear back from the rep JR.

Just want to plugin and go. That's what this was supposed to be.

Titaniumseeker
05-16-09, 09:43 PM
It is weird that some have to pull fuses while others do not. 1-2-N-V, when you pulled the fuses, did you leave them out while you attempted to download the software? Or did you pull the fuses, then put them back in and tried to download the software tunes? And I am still waiting to hear back from SCT Tech Support.

1-2-N-V
05-16-09, 10:29 PM
TS i tried downloading the software from SCT into my desktop which also gave me some issue. i figure heck let me try to update the software and firmware into the handheld and then try it again into the car. I can't do jack. I pulled the fuses to do the upload of the tune into the cars ECM. (not from SCT site) I did try something though, i tried to upload my stock program for the heck of it and it said i was successful BUT it also said that the "ECM is not supported" at the bottom it said to hit "Cancel" So i did. And nothing else happened. I tried one more time to do the tune and again i go he same "upload stock failure". I definitely think its a software firmware issue but how can it work for other people and not for me. Unless the programing is just not the same as everyone else got.

Man i got the t-stat coming i was going to do the cold air modification this week end. When this did not work, I said heck with it and went fishing instead (caught nothing). So a very unproductive week end. Hey but You got your car to take the performance program didn't you? I see one other guy had and issue but was resolved by a Vin # correction. Lucky him.

Titaniumseeker
05-16-09, 11:18 PM
My car is back to stock. I am waiting to hear back from SCT before I begin the trip down that road again. I will be calling on Monday but the important thing is that it is running again.

Rudy@SCT
05-17-09, 01:47 AM
1-2-N-V I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems but I have no doubt that with your help I can get your tuner up to date and we can successfully tune your vehicle so you can enjoy your vehicle even more. Once the problem is resolved, tuning your vehicle and returning back to stock should be a very simple pain free process. Also, on the note you mentioned before, the 5 unlocks on the unit are if you go from one vehicle to another. You can tune your vehicle and return to stock over and over again without using these unlocks. If possible, please PM me your contact info and I will contact you when I get in Monday morning to get this resolved as quickly as possible for you.

Titaniumseeker
05-17-09, 08:16 AM
Rudy,
Any more info on the 1034 error code I received when trying to load the Max Tune or Pulley tunes?

wait4me
05-17-09, 01:01 PM
1034 means download error. Something is talking on the comunication bus during the programming event. That is why the fuses are being pulled. Maybe more fuses need pulled when you try it. Like onstar, or something else. I cant reproduce the errors in person, as not ever car is doing it.

rocketeer
05-17-09, 01:46 PM
Dont know if this helps but on Friday i loaded my tune (Jesse still waiting for a response to my PM) with no problems. the only fuse i pulled was the Onstar fuse in the trunk fuse block. BTW I have a 12/08 build date. i can check on frimware rev if you want.

Rudy@SCT
05-17-09, 04:34 PM
TS, you should be able to load any of your tunes now without receiving that error.

Titaniumseeker
05-17-09, 09:48 PM
TS, you should be able to load any of your tunes now without receiving that error.
Okay, will try again tomorrow and will post results.

RapidRob
05-17-09, 11:11 PM
Dont know if this helps but on Friday i loaded my tune (Jesse still waiting for a response to my PM) with no problems. the only fuse i pulled was the Onstar fuse in the trunk fuse block. BTW I have a 12/08 build date. i can check on frimware rev if you want.

Hmmm - Interesting, I was able to load/download my stock program and the performance tune without pulling any fuses. AND, I have NOT enabled Onstar, so they probably would not be using the buss at all. I wonder .... ? :hmm:

Rob

1-2-N-V
05-18-09, 08:44 AM
Hey Rudy, I PMd you my info. I am here at work and have my handheld for any updating. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Titaniumseeker
05-19-09, 12:05 AM

All codes loaded without problems. No fuses needed to be pulled. Thanks Rudy!

1-2-N-V
05-19-09, 08:58 AM
Finally after much toiling about this, It is done! Rudy even stayed late to do this for me yesterday, Got it all loaded up!
I did not need to pull any fuses either. The names of tunes had changed to Performance, Drag and Valet. The first two Rudy assured me that they were still Jesse's Programs Performance and Max Tune. Only losing the Pulley Tune for the Valet spot. Thanks Again, RUDY RUDY RUDY.

Thanks to you to Jesse. Nice and Crisp now. Still haven't see its full potential but nice throttle response. Thanks everyone for your input.

jwa999
05-19-09, 09:35 AM
And the problem was? And the solution was? New Firmware? And the new firmware no longer needs fuses pulled?
I love a happy ending, but we'd like to know how it came about :)

Kadonny
05-19-09, 09:51 AM
Yes, some of us are still pulling fuses. What is the fix, we need to know.

wait4me
05-19-09, 10:05 AM
You just need a Firmware update and worker function update i believe. Im glad everyone is getting them working. I am not sure what bugs are left out there, but that should be almost all of them fixed now. :)

1-2-N-V
05-19-09, 10:07 AM
Yes new firmware. Something about the program was looking for an automatic car but my car is a manual. So it aborted the programming. He said it was not Jesse's fault. Something in the software i guess.

Well Rudy took hold of my computer at work and downloaded the new firmware for me. After seeing that the names changed on the tunes at around 4:15pm yesterday. We canceled the install into the car. I left to drive home (about 50min drive) as he was busy checking on the loaded program code so that there were no issues. He called me back about a mile from my house and hung out on the phone till i got to my driveway. We then loaded the programs, no fuses , no issues. Just raw Powa.:highfive:

Rudy@SCT
05-19-09, 12:44 PM
For those who are wondering if they need to pull fuses:

If your vehicle has a Manual Transmission, you should not need to pull any fuses when flashing the vehicle.
If your vehicle has an Automatic Transmission, you may need to pull the fuses mentioned if when flashing or returning back to stock you encounter an error.

Titaniumseeker
05-19-09, 02:47 PM
For those who are wondering if they need to pull fuses:

If your vehicle has a Manual Transmission, you should not need to pull any fuses when flashing the vehicle.
If your vehicle has an Automatic Transmission, you may need to pull the fuses mentioned if when flashing or returning back to stock you encounter an error.

Rudy,
Is that the onstar fuse, BCM or both?

Rudy@SCT
05-19-09, 03:01 PM
The BCM fuse needs to be pulled for sure but I would suggest pulling both to be safe.

jwa999
05-19-09, 03:02 PM
Excellent. Gives me a lot of confidence in SCT and W4M, so I can recommend it to others. My max performance tune has been working flawlessly apart from pulling fuses.

Kadonny
05-19-09, 03:24 PM
Ok, so is there a fix for those of us with the automatics where we don't have to pull the fuses? This needs to be addressed for the long term.

Rudy@SCT
05-19-09, 03:29 PM
This is certainly something we can address and fix for the long term so that pulling fuses should not be necessary in the future.

lemaman
07-26-09, 04:33 AM
i pulled all fuses and it still gives me an error. frustrating. got tuner yesterday. cts v 2009 automatic. any fixes out there?

Rudy@SCT
07-26-09, 08:24 AM
What error message are you getting? Also, if you go to the "Device Info" menu on your device, what "Firmware" do you have?

lemaman
07-26-09, 02:12 PM
error 1017 after ecu upload, it occurs during attempt to read TCU? i'll have to check firmware and get back to you. email me at lemaman@aol.com if you want. I appreciate any help.
jn

lemaman
07-26-09, 02:37 PM
Firmware is 1.2.112.6

I have serial no. if you need it.

thanks,
jn

lemaman
07-28-09, 09:10 PM
ok, so Rudy is the MAN! I got online with him today, he remote-accessed my computer and downloaded the fixes. Still had to pull the BCM fuses (6 of them), but OMIGOD. It's an amazing difference. I am dying to dyno it now. I know the hp difference isn't huge, but the gearing is amazing and I have never scratched in 4th gear at 70 mph. Too bad it's wet today, but first dry day I will report more for everyone. I uploaded the max performance package and it's exactly that. Thanks to all for your help. I still had to pull the BCM fuses to ge it to load, but they are working on a fix for that now. SCT and W4M, you guys are the bomb. Great service.

1-2-N-V
07-30-09, 10:45 PM
Well it's back! the Error code from Hell the dreaded 1017. I got it back. I tried to upload the revised tune i got from Jesse and don't you know.... Rudy had to do the same thing for me last time. They are going to start charging me to help me out every time this happens:helpless: Rudy, Jess you listening?

Well back to the phone calls and IMs. You know, Rudy fixed it last time he took hold of my computer and updated the firmware and maybe the software i think but wiped out the Max Pulley Tune. The Max performance was still in there (but under a different name). That seemed to be a good tune for the last few months except for that P1400 code. He even called me way after his day was done to wait til i got home from work and walk me through the install again on my car. It finally worked and i did not have to pull any fuses. Well he said it had to do with the tune looking for an Auto transmission or something. Not sure how they fixed it. Hey Jess, my retune have some AT code in it again? I will IM you both Jess and Rudy. It will be much appreciated once again for your technical assistance. Call you later.

Rudy@SCT
07-31-09, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear you've run into an error again. What steps did you take that led up to this error? Also, if you would like to give me a call today I'm sure we can get this taken care of for you. Thank you.

Rudy

1-2-N-V
07-31-09, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry to hear you've run into an error again. What steps did you take that led up to this error? Also, if you would like to give me a call today I'm sure we can get this taken care of for you. Thank you.

Rudy

Hey Rudy, Thanks for getting back so quickly. I was just going to find you and IM you. It looks like the problem may be this... but not sure if i remember this conversation the last time we went through this but i thought you said that the program had something in it that it was looking for an Auto Trans. I have a manual. I have recently down loaded Jesse's New revisions into my handheld. I had just turned it back to stock for some work done at the dealer. I then went to put the new one in again and i got the same error as last time. Can you help me out? I will IM you My cell #. Thanks pal.

1-2-N-V
07-31-09, 12:15 PM
Hey Rudy i sent you and IM with my phone#. give me a shout. Thanks

wait4me
07-31-09, 05:07 PM
Guys, im only putting in the exact updates and files that they tell me to put in. Im sorry you guys are having issues with it. Again, what ever they send me is what i put in the unit.. Then i just put in my tunes then ship them.. If they have a set fix for everything they are supposed to just send me the exact files to use from then on out.. It shouldnt be that long for them to finally have all the bugs worked out...

1-2-N-V
08-03-09, 11:14 AM
Thanks Jess, Hopefully this get resolved will all be a memory then we won't have to bug you guys all the time. Let me know if you need to see their file they sent to me. This one works but i am sure as you said it does not include the 160 stat tune.

Rudy@SCT
08-19-09, 11:49 PM
For those who are still having to pull fuses to flash the vehicle, I have a new test version of firmware that may resolve this issue. If you would like to test this out just PM me and we can arrange to update the firmware on your device.

Rudy

Tony407
08-16-10, 12:33 AM
I want to thank everyone that contributed to this thread. Today I tried to return the V to stock and received an error code 1016 like others have had. When the car wouldn't start I freaked. After reading the info in this thread and pulling the 6 BCM fuses everything worked out just fine.

Tony

Bowtye8
03-13-11, 09:30 PM
I just had to perform this same task( to return to stock). I thought firmware would hanlde the upload without pulling the fuses. nada.
My build date is 3/09.