: Source for 1980 radio & dash bezel?

Caddy Kid
05-11-09, 09:52 PM
Many years ago my dad removed the factory radio in my 1980 Deville and installed an aftermarket radio. He didn't keep the original one, and to install the new one, he had to cut up most of the radio insert and made a large rectangular hole.

Since I am now onto the interior part of my restoration, I'm trying to source an original cassette radio and woodgrain insert that it attached to. Any ideas of where to get one? Even if the radio doesn't work, I imagine I can find some one to get it going. I've kept my eye on ebay, but it seems no one thinks to keep those parts. Thanks.

Benzilla
05-11-09, 10:21 PM
Well... why don't you just get a new CD player to fot into the opening? That would be a lot easier. But, if you're hell bound to go back to stock, then I'd say keep scouring ebay. Also a few guys on here part out old caddies FROM TIME TO TIME, MAYBE YOU CAN SCORE A MATCHING PART FROM ONE OF THEM?

P.S. sorry bout caps, hit a button & not retyping all that.

Ben

Caddy Kid
05-11-09, 10:34 PM
It may well come down to getting a CD player and calling it good while I look for the original. I guess I'm just a purist and like to have my cars all stock if possible. With this one, in the hopes of it being car show eligible some day! Too darn 'new' at the moment it seems to get into any of the concourses that I would like to go to.

jayoldschool
05-12-09, 12:01 AM
Ebay. The pieces you need aren't on there right now, but they will be. Search for "Cadillac Cassette" and "Cadillac Radio Bezel". There are bezels for later years that have the 1.5 DIN rectangular radio, but you need one with the shaft mount opening. Go ahead and buy one in the wrong colour when you find it - you can dye it perfectly to match your interior using SEM.

durrk johnson
05-12-09, 10:30 AM
I have the old radio, I just dont have the front wood part, I cut mine out for an aftermarket cd player...

I can check at my moms for it if youd like and sell it to you on ebay.... (I also have an 80')

jayoldschool
05-12-09, 01:43 PM
^^I love it when a plan comes together... :D

Caddy Kid
05-12-09, 10:41 PM
The correct radio would at least get me half way there! Let me know if you find it, and you can PM me if you do. That be great, thanks!

durrk johnson
05-13-09, 11:15 AM
Okey dokee! Just got my 80' out of the shop after its been in there all winter, gave her a good cleaning, then today it rains.

Ill check when I go over to my moms today. :)

Caddy Kid
05-13-09, 10:45 PM
That'd be great. Thanks much!

Caddy Kid
05-17-09, 11:47 PM
Just was wondering if you have had a chance to look for the radio. Thanks!

durrk johnson
05-18-09, 10:58 AM
Oh yes! Sorry caddykid! I forgot to update you about that... I know exactly where it is, I just gotta get it... When I go to my moms today, Ill take a look, and bring it back if its still there.. Then Ill shoot you a PM... :)

Caddy Kid
05-19-09, 01:50 AM
Cool, sounds like a plan. Just figured I'd ask. Thanks!

durrk johnson
05-20-09, 08:48 PM
Hey caddy kid. I found th eradio but It doesnt have a cassette player in it, Its just the radio with the two prong tuners. Are you still interested in that?

Caddy Kid
05-21-09, 12:54 AM
Hmm, I was hoping for a cassette player. Not that I have many cassettes though... I have a line on one with a cassette player, so let me see if that pans out. If not, I will let you know. In any case, thanks for looking!

durrk johnson
05-21-09, 01:30 AM
thats cool, anytime! later duder~

Caddy Kid
06-05-09, 08:49 PM
Durrk, does your radio have the light colored wood knobs correct for the '80? The radio I got has darker wood knobs. Let me know, as I would be interested in purchasing the knobs if you have them. Thanks!

melan
06-07-09, 10:19 PM
There's a guy parting out an '80 coupe deville on Seattle craigslist. Scroll down to May 31.

Caddy Kid
06-10-09, 12:21 AM
Sweet, will do. I also need the radio electrical plugs, as my wiring harness has had them cut off unfortunately.