: 3.6 CTS engine in a Catera

Shonky
05-11-09, 08:43 PM
I have an X30XE engine with a FWD gearbox in a compact over here in the UK, does the 3.0 Catera gearbox fit the 3.6 engine? I have so little room in the engine bay I'd need to keep my gearbox current and swap out the motor

Cheers :)

txbest1980
05-12-09, 06:39 AM
well i am currently doing a engine swap from the 3.2L to a 3.6L in my 2003 CTS. after all of my research i have come to the conclusion that only the 04 CTS 3.6L is compatible with the 03 CTS 3.2L. i am not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but if i can assisit you any further, feel free to PM me or email me...

askimbenim
07-27-09, 01:58 AM
The catera RWD (or opel omega) has a 3.0 v6 German ecotec engine. Its at least 10 years old technology. The 3,6 is a newer gm engine. You might be needing a modern transmission as well because of CAN datalink. The engine and transmission ( also abs and esp and cluster) are communicating via CAN data link. There has been many upgrades between 98 and 2004. You will probably have issues with speed signals, not smooth switching with transmission because the torque modeling might be off, even a limp home power output from engine... Use a manual gearbox , that will be a better choice. You will need a gm/opel service tool to modify the ecm (probably).
Good luck