: UUC Rotors Installed

soundexp
05-11-09, 03:15 PM
I picked up the new 2-piece rotors from Luke last week and also the slotted rears. We installed them on Friday along with SS lines, Hawk pads and flushed all the old fluid and replaced it with Motul RBF600.

The 2-piece fronts were the first ones that Luke got in. If you haven't checked out the pictures Luke posted the fit-n-finish on these rotors is superb. As for fitment they went on painlessly and quickly. I couldn't be happier. Also note that they have actual left and right so that the slots are all going the same direction (read about that issue with other rotors). I have included a link so that you can see pictures of the rotors on the car while we did the installation.

We have had a lot of rain here (it seems like 40 days and 40 nights) so I didn't get a chance to really test them out until last night. WOW! This puppy can really brake now. The car may still weigh a couple of tons but it can now stop as well as it accelerates, and that's saying something.

Great looks, great stopping......that's what you get.

To view rotor pictures (http://soundxav.com/mike/uucrotors/index.php)

Bueller
05-11-09, 03:38 PM
Looks great!

:shocked2:

deedubb
05-11-09, 03:57 PM
wow....

:cloud9:

liqidvenom
05-11-09, 04:00 PM
damn thats nice looking.

ccextra1976
05-11-09, 06:55 PM
:drool: very nice......

c4ss
05-11-09, 07:30 PM
trade for my GM drilled/slotted? :drool:

SoJersey05V
05-11-09, 08:46 PM
thats the combo i'm going to run... gonna do hp+ fronts and hps in rear...with the ss lines! looks great..

jebfrank
05-11-09, 09:15 PM
So with these rotors do you loose your parking brake function?

SFBayV
05-11-09, 09:45 PM
So with these rotors do you loose your parking brake function?

The rears should still have the parking brake drums integrated into them, so the functionality of the parking brake should be unchanged.

jebfrank
05-11-09, 10:21 PM
Scrach that, I looked back at the pictures and it looks like 2 piece is on the front! Couldn't figure out how they would work on the rear.

soundexp
05-12-09, 10:20 AM
Scrach that, I looked back at the pictures and it looks like 2 piece is on the front! Couldn't figure out how they would work on the rear.
You are correct, the rears are one-piece only and I assume for the reason mentioned. I don't know how they would integrate the parking brake capability to do a 2-piece rotor.

SoJersey05V
05-12-09, 10:29 AM
same set-up i want to do... as for the rear if our cars had a set-up like this for the parking brake we'd be good...

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww84/sojersey05v/LamboSLrearBrakeandwheel.jpg
BTW!!! those carbon ceramics stop amazingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUVMY04V
05-12-09, 01:19 PM
First off these brakes would look awesome with red calipers the v flag accent colors ftw

same set-up i want to do... as for the rear if our cars had a set-up like this for the parking brake we'd be good...

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww84/sojersey05v/LamboSLrearBrakeandwheel.jpg
BTW!!! those carbon ceramics stop amazingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny same place that makes our stock rims :lildevil:

soundexp
05-12-09, 02:05 PM
First off these brakes would look awesome with red calipers the v flag accent colors ftw

Funny same place that makes our stock rims :lildevil:
Actually after seeing the anodized blue of these rotors I think I'm going to powdercaot the calipers the same color blue the next time I have it apart.

SoJersey05V
05-12-09, 03:01 PM
yea after checking out the rest of his cars the ferrari f430 this lambo, and the 2 astons have a separate caliper for e brake...

and let me tell you this thing stops better then it accelerates!