: 2004-r kit

gillianwhittaker@xtr
05-11-09, 12:23 PM
hi guys. can you help on this one please ?
Do you think this kit may be adequate to hold up to a slightly modified 425 toro engine in my caddy .?
mods are /intended -ported heads with blocked x overs ; headers ;3.08 or 3.23 rear; cam to suit-- for street only:confused:

Thanks mike

2004R Rebuild Kit Street/Strip
Complete description of parts in the rebuild kit:
"Front Pump"
Seal retainer
Seal, late design
Teflon bushing, late design
10-vane rotor w/vanes & slide assembly
Steel rings & priming spring (Trans-Go) above or below 5,500 rpm WOT shifts, please specify?
Pressure regulator valve, (Heavy duty)
Intermediate/reverse boost valve, (.296)
Main boost valve, (.500)
Stator support (Hardened)

"Clutches, Steels And Pressure Plates"
3 Overdrive clutches, Borg-Warner .080
3 Overdrive steels .080
1 Overdrive pressure plate
2 Overrun clutches, Borg-Warner .080
2 Overrun steels .080
7 Direct clutches, Alto Red Eagle .080
7 Direct steels .077
2 Direct steels .060
1 Direct pressure plate .175
4 Forward clutches (Hi-Static), Borg-Warner .080
3 Forward steels .077
1 Forward steel, waved .060
1 Forward pressure plate
6 Low/reverse clutches, Borg-Warner .078
7 Low/reverse steels .076

Sun shell (Hardened)
Overdrive roller sprag, Borg-Warner
Low/reverse roller sprag, Borg-Warner
Bushing kit, with 3 teflon
Thrust washer kit
Bearing kit
Trans-Go Shift kit (Street/Strip) (This kit will not harm GN valve bodies) with new 4th accumulator piston and oem accumulator pin
Transmission filter
Sealing ring set, (cast iron & solid teflon)
2nd gear band, Borg-Warner or Raybestos
Paper & rubber (Gasket) set
Rear seal, 3 Lip Vamac (Prelubed)

0%

Details

Part Number 200-2
Price: $419.82

gillianwhittaker@xtr
05-11-09, 01:14 PM
guess I should add that the 66 toro came advertised at 385 hp and 400 + ? ft lb torque.

Oh yes, o4b intake mani on this also and newly rebuilt q jet .Most of the fleetwoods computer gear will be going. No other mods that I can think of --just the usual engine internal work like rings n bearings n valve job .
like to keep it at about 10.5 :1 so maybe some head work to compensate for the thicker gasket. Hydraulic flat tappet retained .
cheers
mike

jayoldschool
05-11-09, 02:40 PM
I honestly have no idea. If it were me, I would do two things. Call some performance trans builders (Art Carr comes to mind), and see what they have to say. Next, find a Buick Grand National forum, and see what those guys think. They know how to make the 200-4R live...

gillianwhittaker@xtr
05-11-09, 03:56 PM
I honestly have no idea. If it were me, I would do two things. Call some performance trans builders (Art Carr comes to mind), and see what they have to say. Next, find a Buick Grand National forum, and see what those guys think. They know how to make the 200-4R live...

Tx Jay. I heard Art Carr is the man and I may just call him . I would have bought a complete , upgraded 2004-r from him but for the fact I have to get it shipped to New Zealand . So add $1000 landed. Then again , with the caprice rear end being shipped from LA I might be able to just tuck it in next to it ?;)

Living so far from american car parts is so bad in that aspect but then again the consequent rarity makes all american cars , eyecatching salivators.:D

Thanks Jay
mike

jayoldschool
05-11-09, 07:01 PM
Are the import taxes high on cars in NZ? Can you register LHD cars? You may want to think about this... arrange for a 20' container to go from LA to you. Have your parts put in it, and buy a car here for a good price. Put the car in the container. Sell the car for a decent profit when it gets there, and enjoy your free parts. A shipping container is going to be the most cost-effective way to ship big stuff...