: Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Documentation

USAFRET
05-11-09, 07:15 AM
When a dealer sells a used vehicle as CPO is the new buyer provided ANY documentation (either from the dealer of GM) attesting to this fact along with the new warranty expiration date?

I ask because recently I bought a CPO 2009 SRX. I did get a copy of the "serialized" CPO inspection check list but the only document I received stating anything about the added warranty coverage was a personal e-mail from the Sales Manager giving me the original vehicle In-Service Date and the new adjusted expiration date of Aug 7th 2014.

Is this all the documentation I get? I guess I could call the dealers Service Manager and ask him to verify the date my warranty expires.

Thanks in advance before I bug my dealer.

elspence
05-11-09, 09:46 PM
I recently bought a 2007 CPO. I am pretty sure I got a certficiate stating the status, etc. I will have to look at my doc packet that the dealer sent me back.

carguy2009
05-12-09, 02:00 AM
I bought a 2008 and received a certificate, you can however call the service people at you local dealer and they will have the in service date and warranty expiration in their computer. Their system is used by all dealers for warranty service.

TSS
05-12-09, 08:19 AM
I bought a 2008 and received a certificate, you can however call the service people at you local dealer and they will have the in service date and warranty expiration in their computer. Their system is used by all dealers for warranty service.

I did not get a certificate, but as stated above, any dealer service dept can verify on their computer.

jdavis
05-12-09, 02:33 PM
As stated by others, your dealer's service dept. will have access to the CPO information via your VIN when entered in their computer system. You should also have the CPO fee listed on your bill of sale which can your serve as documentation.

Fyreman235
05-12-09, 07:49 PM
Bought an 05 cpo in 05. I have 65k miles now, and have been to a couple of dealerships for service after passing 50k. In each case they were able to look up the warranty, and provide the service for free.

USAFRET
05-16-09, 07:28 AM
Thanks guys, I was away on a business trio when I posted this. In the mean time I contacted the Sales Manager from the dealer I bought my 09 SRX from.

FYI here's his reply to my question:

"You will not recieve any paperwork. However I have attached a copy of the "GM Vehicle Inquiry Sheet" showing that your SRX is a "Luxury Certified Pre-Owned" 72/100000 ending on 8/07/2014."

Gotta love the CPO program, I have MORE warranty than a BRAND NEW SRX.

Cheers

Tom