: Cadillac 2, Animal Kingdom 0

Aron9000
05-11-09, 12:06 AM
So I'm leaving my mom's place around 9:30pm tonight and looking forward to the 45 minute trip back to my place on the other side of town. Its a fun drive when you aren't pressed for time, lots of curvy back roads.

About two blocks from my parent's house a rabbit decides to commit suicide by running full sprint out in front of my car. I barely saw him out of the right corner of my eye, didn't have time to react. All I had time to do was think AWESOME! then it was THUMP! I was about 80% sure it was a rabbit, but it happened so quick I thought it might have been a small cat. So I turned around, and it was a huge jackrabbit splayed out in the middle of the road, hit him with the left front tire.

About 40 minutes later and I'm on a curvy country road near my place. I see a possum on the shoulder of the road about to cross. I HATE possums with a passion, disgusting, ugly, mean ass, disease carrying vermon. So I swerved a bit to the right and ran his ass over.

I had to turn around and look, how often do you score two kills in one night? To my suprise he was waddling in the middle of the road in a dazed and confused state.

I had stopped, then our eyes met. He saw the murderous rage in my eyes and made a valiant run for the side of the road. He should've gone left instead of right in front of my car, the warrior missteps. The last thing he hears is my motor revving, tires squealing, and the crushing of his skull.

I had to turn around again to get home, the carnage was pretty intense. I'm worried now, since the possum lived for about a minute before I ran him over the second time. He had plenty of time to yell for Bambi and all of his other deer friends. Karma is now in the animal kingdom's favor.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-11-09, 12:23 AM
Have fun cleaning the blood from your wheelwells...

Aron9000
05-11-09, 12:44 AM
Have fun cleaning the blood from your wheelwells...

I did a quick look under the front bumper when I got home, it was clean.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-11-09, 12:48 AM
I hate possums too but I do not aim for them. I pass through a wooded area on my way home from work and frequently swerve to avoid smaller creatures of the night.

VforMe
05-11-09, 02:25 PM
jesus christ, no animal is safe in Nashville....

EcSTSatic
05-11-09, 03:00 PM
:helpless:

The Tony Show
05-11-09, 05:46 PM
Uh........okay?

*backs slowly out of the room*

DopeStar 156
05-11-09, 06:27 PM
Try a deer... $1,600 later......

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-11-09, 10:08 PM
I dunno about you guys, but I try to *avoid* animals in the road.

Aron9000
05-11-09, 10:15 PM
Did I mention how much I hate possums? I was camping one time in boy scouts, about 11 years old when a possum came into our camp while we were asleep. Son of a bitch came right outside my tent and woke me up. Couldn't scare it off, it kept hissing at me and tried to bite me.

VforMe
05-11-09, 10:19 PM
I hate cats, but I don't intentionally run over them. I gotta make sure to let my dogs in before I go to bed tonight with a killer like you on the loose.:D

billc83
05-11-09, 10:31 PM
I'm with Chad. I try to avoid animals on the road when possible.

When I hit the beach a while ago, I gained a new respect for ABS. A dog ran in front of my car, I had to brake hard and swerve to avoid hitting it. I rarely ever pull any emergency maneuvers, and just was thinking to myself how bad that scenario could have ended (for the dog, that is).

Aron9000
05-11-09, 11:08 PM
I'd never intentinally run over somebody's pet, but I'd never risk putting my car in the ditch to avoid something. I'd rather hit a deer than swerve and go into the ditch.

I just thought it was odd and funny that I had two kills in one night. It had been a couple of years since I hit a bird in my Camaro at 70mph, with the t-tops off. Sucker came out of nowhere and hit the windshield, and I did crap myself that time.

V-Eight
05-11-09, 11:17 PM
Wow nice man, that possums a pretty small target, great work. As for the rabbit, I'm surprised it just ran at your car. Dunno if I'd hit a deer, I've seen those things right of 3/4 ton trucks. But when I get mine, that's what I'll have a bull bar for :D

I'm with Chad. I try to avoid animals on the road when possible.

When I hit the beach a while ago, I gained a new respect for ABS. A dog ran in front of my car, I had to brake hard and swerve to avoid hitting it. I rarely ever pull any emergency maneuvers, and just was thinking to myself how bad that scenario could have ended (for the dog, that is).

Yeah, one time when my dad was driving our truck he ran over a dog on the highway. There was some stupid kids on the side of the road playing with their dog in the middle of nowhere. So he thought, the truck or a dog, and decided not to attempt to swerve to avoid it at highway speed. Well, he smoked the dog and as he explained the truck went "ba boomp, ba boomp" and the dog was toast. He then apologized, gave the kids a ride into town, and gave them $20 lol!

ga_etc
05-11-09, 11:19 PM
I would have felt bad about the rabbit, but no remorse for the possum. I agree that they are vermin and serve no purpose. I try to avoid hitting them though. I don't feel bad about killing them, I just hate the bump and sound that goes through the car. Haven't hit anything in the Caddy since I've had it. I think the last thing I ran over was actually a possum in my 98 Camaro. Felt like a boulder in that thing.

93DevilleUSMC
05-11-09, 11:19 PM
Awesome thread, Aaron.

I tend to avoid pets and larger animals. Now, small varmints are going to DIE, usually because they lack enough sense to stay back and because they only seem to run when they are too close for me to swerve.

I hit a fox in a similar situation last November in south Georgia. He comes out about ten feet in front of me and gets his back half crushed by my front left tire. I turn around to see if he's okay, and can clearly see that he won't make it. He's growling in pain. So, one 9mm round to the head later, he's out of his misery.

Rodya234
05-11-09, 11:21 PM
Animals are like my teachers. They've learned to stay out of my way. :lol:

creeker
05-11-09, 11:36 PM
I'd never intentinally run over somebody's pet, but I'd never risk putting my car in the ditch to avoid something. I'd rather hit a deer than swerve and go into the ditch.

I just thought it was odd and funny that I had two kills in one night. It had been a couple of years since I hit a bird in my Camaro at 70mph, with the t-tops off. Sucker came out of nowhere and hit the windshield, and I did crap myself that time.

What was a bird doing in your camaro?. (groucho marx).

dkozloski
05-12-09, 01:35 PM
Hitting a moose is bad, 'tis worse to hit a buffalo.

V-Eight
05-12-09, 05:27 PM
Yeah, a friend of a friend hit a moose......he became a quadriplegic.

Red_October_7000
05-12-09, 11:49 PM
Yeah... Unless you're driving a BMP, you don't want to hit a moose. I've never deliberately pancaked any wildlife, nothing I despise lives near me and also comes into the road. I can't say I'd avoid hitting a monkey!

Rodya234
05-12-09, 11:53 PM
Hitting a moose is bad, 'tis worse to hit by a buffalo.

^fix'd :thumbsup:

EcSTSatic
05-13-09, 12:36 PM
I hate sharks. I wouldn't normally kill an animal on the road intentionally but if I saw a shark, I'd run it down and back over it!

Brett
05-13-09, 12:51 PM
Yeah, a friend of a friend hit a moose......he became a quadriplegic.

The Moose or your friend of a friend?

VforMe
05-13-09, 01:33 PM
I hate sharks. I wouldn't normally kill an animal on the road intentionally but if I saw a shark, I'd run it down and back over it!

If that happens you will be expected to post pictures here.

V-Eight
05-13-09, 01:38 PM
The Moose or your friend of a friend?

The friend of a friend lol. The problem with Moose is that most vehicles will just take out their legs, causing the massive body of the animal to fall right on top of the passenger cabin.

nickc50310
05-13-09, 03:10 PM
I will always avoid hitting an animal if it is safe to do so. No sense killing something that doesnt deserve it or damging my rig. But, to each his own I guess!

Though I have never intentionally hit anything but I do have some funny stories of carnage.....

First happened when I was about 17 years old. Me and a few buddies are out at about 1am causing mischief as always and Im riding shotgun. We are on the outskirts of town and spot a possum in the road. Back then, we thought it was funny to hit something that was already dead. We assumed this thing was dead and my buddy driving hammers the gas and aims the left tire for the beast. Right as the car approaches, the possum looks up with the fear of god in it's eyes. Before my buddy could react the possum was splattered.

Next one happened in my dads 03 CTS. This was before I bought it off of him. I was driving to the lake of the Ozarks on a Friday night. Few buddies in the car and Im doing about 90. I come around a curve to see a dead 50lb racoon in the road. I kid you not, THIS THING WAS MASSIVE! With no chance to react I hit it with the right front tire. The impact caused the stabilty system to start getting errors and knocked the wheel well lining loose. WHOOPS! It was fixed under warranty.

The last one was in my current CTS. Again I was on my way to the lake. I was going about 90 and came around a corner to a flock of pidgeons in the road. Again, no time to react and carnage ensued. I blew through the flock and caught at least two or three. Upon looking in my mirror, all that remained was a cloud of feathers! BWAHAHAHA! When I got to the lake I inspected my front end and found a horribly mangled pidgeon stuck in my fog light! It came out in pieces!! YUCK! :ill:

creeker
05-13-09, 03:22 PM
Cars dont kill animals,people do.

Rodya234
05-13-09, 04:50 PM
and Im doing about 90. I come around a curve ....

I was going about 90 and came around a corner

was it the same corner both times? lol. :lol:

nikon
05-13-09, 07:03 PM
Are you that ****ed up in the head that you intentionally aim for animals??? What in the hell did they ever do to you? the possum scared you and woke you up? you poor thing....you are ****ing pathetic...an accident is one thing...but aiming for the possum and then having him suffer? you really are a piece of shit....karma WILL take care of your ass one day.

93DevilleUSMC
05-13-09, 07:17 PM
Are you that ****ed up in the head that you intentionally aim for animals??? What in the hell did they ever do to you? the possum scared you and woke you up? you poor thing....you are ****ing pathetic...an accident is one thing...but aiming for the possum and then having him suffer? you really are a piece of shit....karma WILL take care of your ass one day.

He killed a possum. Who cares if he runs over a varmint, a critter, an animal, a glorified tread target? Learn how to type without ranting, then go hug something four-legged.

nikon
05-13-09, 07:23 PM
right...who cares...intentionally killing a creature and then letting them suffer....who cares....it's somehow different when a human is murdered? Being at the top of the food chain gives us the right to decide? Killing for fun??? What do you think this is a ****ing video game? It is a life with a soul and by no means deserves to die by some redneck piece of shit that simply doesn't like the fact that is happened to be on the road where he was driving......hitler killed thousands of jews, who cares....stalin killed thousands more...who cares...these people are different then this prick how? human life is sacred but an innocent creatures is not? disgusts me.

93DevilleUSMC
05-13-09, 07:51 PM
right...who cares...intentionally killing a creature and then letting them suffer....who cares....it's somehow different when a human is murdered? Being at the top of the food chain gives us the right to decide? Killing for fun??? What do you think this is a ****ing video game? It is a life with a soul and by no means deserves to die by some redneck piece of shit that simply doesn't like the fact that is happened to be on the road where he was driving......hitler killed thousands of jews, who cares....stalin killed thousands more...who cares...these people are different then this prick how? human life is sacred but an innocent creatures is not? disgusts me.

Yes, being on the top does give us a right to decide. It's called nature. Even the animals kill each other. Humans alone demonstrate reason, develop sciences, arts, and literature. So yes, human life is infinitely greater than animal life.

Krashed989
05-13-09, 07:54 PM
Over here in Hawaii, I intentionally aim for mongooses. They are 50 points. They are non-native animals that were brought here to take care of the rat population. The problem is that rats are nocturnal and the mongooses are diurnal. They never see eachother. So instead of killing rats, the mongooses kill native birds and have caused several species of native birds to go extinct as well as even more species to be endangered. So actually by killing these pests I'm doing many other animals a favor. Mongooses are nowhere near being endangered.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-13-09, 08:12 PM
I dunno you guys. I don't see much of a difference between intentionally hitting an animal with your car, unless the animal is "in season", and animal abuse.

billc83
05-13-09, 08:22 PM
Err...I'm assuming nikon is a vegetarian...

And I'd like to ammend my original statement, sometimes I do aim for crows. Those are some smart birds; most of the time, they just hop a few paces to avoid being hit. I've yet to hit a crow while piloting any vehicle...

(cue someone posting a pic of a plane and asking "Ever hit one while piloting this")

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-13-09, 08:30 PM
I swerved to miss a grouse in the Astro today. For no other reason than not wanting to clean blood and guts from my bumper.

Aron9000
05-13-09, 09:13 PM

So I found a video of you on youtube, you're the aging liberal hippie douche bag in the hat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEaHyzbqTA&feature=related

creeker
05-13-09, 09:22 PM
So I found a video of you on youtube, you're the aging liberal hippie douche bag in the hat:

YouTube - Emotional Hippies - Crying Over Dead Trees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEaHyzbqTA&feature=related)

I guess if you cant come up with an intelligent or reasonable response you can always attack a person on a personal level, what happened to
respecting another persons point of view?, you dont have to agree,but why make it personal?.

V-Eight
05-13-09, 09:26 PM
No one likes those overeccentric hippies anyway. Did you know that PETA wanted to rename fish "sea kittens" because kittens are cute, so you wouldn't eat fish if they were named that?

nikon
05-13-09, 09:27 PM
ya I'm a hippy....and your still no better than the shit underneath my shoe......killing to continue life (eating) is one thing...killing for fun is another....difference is upbringing and knowledge...you obviously have none therefore attempting to rid the world of anything that doesn't please you....and I realize that everything has a purpose....like I said karma will eventually catch up with you...one way or another....it is animal abuse.

What really gets me is you come here to 'brag' about your kills....oh the hunter you are, takes some real skill.

billc83
05-13-09, 09:37 PM
There is no such thing as karma...:stirpot:

nikon
05-13-09, 09:47 PM
If you say so....I'm not religious by any means, but do unto others as you would have them do unto you...that goes for all beings.

Aron9000
05-13-09, 09:48 PM
I guess if you cant come up with an intelligent or reasonable response you can always attack a person on a personal level, what happened to
respecting another persons point of view?, you dont have to agree,but why make it personal?.

I have no problems arguing rationally, but when somebody calls you a Nazi and a piece of shit redneck for running over a possum, well there's no way you're going to get through to them.

Anyways, I'm done with this thread and it should probably be :lock::lock::lock::lock:

nikon
05-13-09, 10:07 PM
no this thread should never have existed....remorse would have been the proper feeling not the need to brag about your skills.....again if your uneducated ass could learn how to read you'd know I didn't call you a nazi...moron.

V-Eight
05-13-09, 10:23 PM
Buddy, its a ****ing rodent..........settle down.

nikon
05-13-09, 10:24 PM
And next time its a stray cat, dog, etc... remember he wouldn't do it if he knew it was someones pet.........**** off.

derrty_deville
05-13-09, 11:59 PM

YouTube - Emotional Hippies - Crying Over Dead Trees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEaHyzbqTA&feature=related)

I think if I ever see one of these people walking in the road or on the shoulder I wouldnt feel too bad about clippin them with the bumper. Douchebags.

Red_October_7000
05-14-09, 02:55 AM
Bah. I can't stand the belief that we are appointed judge of what life is "sacred" and what life isn't. We're all more or less equal on this planet, and if one of us pink hairless apes wandered our dumb ass out onto the veldt and got eaten by a lion, my attitude would be just the same as if a critter got creamed by a car. I might feel something more for a nice or attractive person, or feel justice being done by the lion's eating of a cruel person, but in the end it's the same. Something that goes where it doesn't belong faces the consequences. It's not cruelty on the part of the driver or the lion, it's nature, and nature is cruel. I kill the ants that come into my house -with glee and gusto, in fact, and I even killed the mice, albeit with less gusto because they are cute, but it was the same. I found keeping cats a more tasteful way to kill the mice, not to mention the cats are hillarious and loving. I don't let the cats into the road because they don't belong there, and I think people who do are foolish. I don't get bothered because someone pancakes a possum with his car, even though a possoum never wronged me and they may or may not be cute. People cry over trees and whales, but only the craziest of eastern mystics try to avoid killing bugs, (though I will admit sometimes putting a spider outside because, like my cats, they kill things I don't like) and I've never once heard someone say "save the paramecia!" even though a given monocellular organism might be of infinitely greater value to nature, society, or mankind than a given multicellular organism for which there is government protection or social concern. Nature's cruel. Life's harsh. Welcome to Earth, enjoy your stay.

TorquedWench
05-14-09, 04:13 PM
Some guys in Wisconsin are in big trouble for herding and deliberately running down wild animals...

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090513/GPG0101/905130640/1207/GPG01/Waupaca+County+judge++Deer+are+protected+animals

V-Eight
05-14-09, 04:19 PM
Hitting one with on a snowmobile!?! That would hurt

TorquedWench
05-14-09, 04:39 PM
I think they just knocked them down and then used the skis..or runners..or whatever they're called to rip apart their bellies. Quite a bit of ghastly carnage, from what I understand

V-Eight
05-14-09, 05:28 PM
That's pretty brutal....

dkozloski
05-14-09, 06:01 PM
I'm doomed. There are a million bugs mashed out on the front of my STS and they are all God's creatures. I never will be able to atone for all of them in my lifetime. What is I gonna do?

nikon
05-14-09, 06:22 PM
Ya you are doomed, your an old prick.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-14-09, 09:11 PM
I'm doomed. There are a million bugs mashed out on the front of my STS and they are all God's creatures. I never will be able to atone for all of them in my lifetime. What is I gonna do?

Wash it......

Boombotz
05-14-09, 09:26 PM
Were done here.