: Any info on the spring set up here?

silver02stang
05-10-09, 11:34 PM
This looks to be the perfect stance in my opinion. My head is spinning from reading all the threads about ride height and springs. Some I think ride are just a bit too low, others are lowered but still too high. LUVMY04V - you're running Eibachs right? Sportline or Sport? Anywho - here's the pic. I hope someone knows the specs on this ride.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9878/perfectstance.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=perfectstance.jpg)

LUVMY04V
05-11-09, 08:48 AM
This looks to be the perfect stance in my opinion. My head is spinning from reading all the threads about ride height and springs. Some I think ride are just a bit too low, others are lowered but still too high. LUVMY04V - you're running Eibachs right? Sportline or Sport? Anywho - here's the pic. I hope someone knows the specs on this ride.

Not sure what he is running but its onebadcad's ride.

I have H&R's and the stance is perfect IMO .... PERFECT

There are a bunch of pics in my album too btw

NormV
05-11-09, 09:47 AM
I've got Eibachs with KYB shocks and taller 255/45 rubber in my photo album. With stock rubber it may be the height your looking for.
Can't beat the price!

Norm

sleepys4
05-11-09, 10:16 AM
I've got Eibachs with KYB shocks and taller 255/45 rubber in my photo album. With stock rubber it may be the height your looking for.
Can't beat the price!

Norm

How are the KYB shocks compared to the Fe4's?

NormV
05-11-09, 10:22 AM
Like the FE4 the KYB cannot keep up with GM Racing sway bars and Eibachs. The sway bars increase the spring rate almost as much as the springs so the shocks are over loaded. To handle this spring rate I'd go with QA-1 as they are rebuildable. FG2s are nor any stock shock is cut out for rates much above stock.

The rear spring is progressive and even with the bar on it's stiffest setting the KYB have no problem.

Norm

How are the KYB shocks compared to the Fe4's?

silver02stang
05-11-09, 10:33 AM
Not sure what he is running but its onebadcad's ride.

I have H&R's and the stance is perfect IMO .... PERFECT

There are a bunch of pics in my album too btw

What H&R's are you running? I'm guessing not OE Sport. Are they the Sport or Race?

LUVMY04V
05-11-09, 10:36 AM
What H&R's are you running? I'm guessing not OE Sport. Are they the Sport or Race?
I will have to go look at the box but im pretty sure sport not race. The ride feels pretty close to stock still its just lower so it feels a more planted :thumbsup:

(i got them slightly used from 2003rc51) :thumbsup:

silver02stang
05-11-09, 11:06 AM
Are you runnin' the rear iso's? I ask cause yours looks lower than most I've seen.

LUVMY04V
05-11-09, 11:17 AM
Are you runnin' the rear iso's? I ask cause yours looks lower than most I've seen. No i think part of the reason is H&R's aren't as low as eibach's in front so they either seem lower or actually are lower in the rear. It is a very slight rake and just search more of my threads I have tons of pics LOL

silver02stang
05-11-09, 11:27 AM
No i think part of the reason is H&R's aren't as low as eibach's in front so they either seem lower or actually are lower in the rear. It is a very slight rake and just search more of my threads I have tons of pics LOL

yes - i know about the pics (thank you very much :)) Your car is the freakin reason I notice how much wheel gap I have every time I look at my car! I've barely had my V for a month now and my mod list is growing... this for the car I SWORE I wouldn't have to mod (I bought her with a decent amount of mods the way it was :))

silver02stang
05-11-09, 11:32 AM
Hey! I didn't know you were that close to home! My wife & I are headin' down to Gurnee today. I'm from Appleton - just south of Green Bay! Do you ever make it out to Road America by chance? I'd like to check out your ride one of these days.

LUVMY04V
05-11-09, 01:19 PM
Hey! I didn't know you were that close to home! My wife & I are headin' down to Gurnee today. I'm from Appleton - just south of Green Bay! Do you ever make it out to Road America by chance? I'd like to check out your ride one of these days.Uh oh :stirpot:packer fan!? :eek:LOL

I would love to come up there but I don't think i will be tracking my car. If you are ever coming down rt 39 I work just east of rochelle too so feel free to hit me up if your ever in the area. I grew up here and go to chicago alot too so let me know if ur in the area for sure:thumbsup: Oh yeah and my best friend lives in Byron so if you go to 1/4 mile your car there let me know too

Twitch
05-11-09, 01:38 PM
If your particular about how low you want it, just go with ground control. Then adjust it how ever you like. Depending on tire size, and road quality, the perfect look may not be the perfect ride.
With the 500/550 spring rates, it will be very close to stock ride.

MIGHTYMOUSE
05-11-09, 07:23 PM
moar low!
http://fastrides.com/photos/mm/images/29699/800x800.aspx

Natedog
05-11-09, 09:46 PM
whoa... how'd u get that low?

MIGHTYMOUSE
05-11-09, 11:52 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/162651-my-nivomat-lowering-solution.html

silver02stang
05-16-09, 12:59 PM
Uh oh :stirpot:packer fan!? :eek:LOL

yes... but becoming less & less a Favre fan - the guy shoulda stayed retired :bigroll:

I would love to come up there but I don't think i will be tracking my car. If you are ever coming down rt 39 I work just east of rochelle too so feel free to hit me up if your ever in the area. I grew up here and go to chicago alot too so let me know if ur in the area for sure:thumbsup: Oh yeah and my best friend lives in Byron so if you go to 1/4 mile your car there let me know too

i don't have any plans to track my car - but its a hella good time just to check out others driving their cars how they're built to be driven. i have yet to see a V on the track (a personal owner at least)... i saw the GMPD ones run a few years back for the Speed GT Series.