: anyone know what this writing can mean?

Talamant3z
05-10-09, 11:02 PM
its been bothering me for a while now. i know junkyards mark their parts so i was thinking they got it from the junkyard. and if so why? anyone have any ideas?

http://i44.tinypic.com/10z1nyu.jpg

codewize
05-10-09, 11:12 PM
I'm thinking that g was meant to be a q and someone labeled that the engine takes 8 quarts of oil and not 5. I'm not sure what the 1/2 is all about.

And actually 8 quarts is overfull but that's still my guess since it's next to the oil fill cap. I don't think a junkyard would write there.

Or is it a puzzle saying 1/2 of 8g + 5 ? LOL

Talamant3z
05-10-09, 11:21 PM
I'm thinking that g was meant to be a q and someone labeled that the engine takes 8 quarts of oil and not 5. I'm not sure what the 1/2 is all about.

And actually 8 quarts is overfull but that's still my guess since it's next to the oil fill cap. I don't think a junkyard would write there.

Or is it a puzzle saying 1/2 of 8g + 5 ? LOL

yeah i didnt even think of that. under my oil cap it looks like they spilt oil and it burnt the paint off

Ranger
05-10-09, 11:25 PM
Yup, 8 1/2 qts. Which is a qt too much.

Submariner409
05-11-09, 10:36 AM
Do you do your own oil/filter changes or take it to a local "Speedy Engine Destruction Oil, Lube, and Filter Shop" ?

STSS
05-11-09, 10:58 AM
a local "speedy engine destruction oil, lube, and filter shop" ?

lol.

93eldodave
05-11-09, 07:16 PM
Someone in a repair shop wrote that ,I used to do the same thing on cars i repaired as a service tech so if it came back i knew im the one that did the repair..

Ranger
05-11-09, 07:26 PM
I'd be pissed if you painted that on my engine. ESPECIALLY since it was wrong.

Talamant3z
05-12-09, 04:53 PM
Do you do your own oil/filter changes or take it to a local "Speedy Engine Destruction Oil, Lube, and Filter Shop" ?
i do mine been doing it since i got the car

I'd be pissed if you painted that on my engine. ESPECIALLY since it was wrong.

me too i know when i got the car i would always get the low oil pressor turn off car on my dash let e friend see it and he said to put 10w-40 since it gets really hot here been doing that since