: New Caddy Owner from Alaska

hunt_ak
05-10-09, 10:29 PM
Hey, new to the forum, and new to the cadillac scene. Bought an Escalade EXT in California and will be leaving in a couple of weeks to pick it up. Custom black grille, 22" black MHT wheels, etc. Good lookin rig....

Anyone else in here from Alaska?

BTW, seems to be moving sorta slow on this forum, am I doing somthing wrong, or is it just a newbie thing :rolleyes:. Thanks~

CadillacGurl
05-10-09, 11:26 PM
Welcome to the forum! Our famous Koz is from Alaska.
:koz:

dkozloski
05-11-09, 12:58 AM
Hey, new to the forum, and new to the cadillac scene. Bought an Escalade EXT in California and will be leaving in a couple of weeks to pick it up. Custom black grille, 22" black MHT wheels, etc. Good lookin rig....

Anyone else in here from Alaska?

BTW, seems to be moving sorta slow on this forum, am I doing somthing wrong, or is it just a newbie thing :rolleyes:. Thanks~
Welcome to the forum. I have an STS4 in Fairbanks. The best advice I can give you is to be very wary of Alaska Sales and Service in Anchorage and Chevrolet-Cadillac of Fairbanks. I don't know anything about the dealer in Soldotna. Where are you located?

Jesda
05-11-09, 04:09 AM
You guys must be neighbors. By neighbors I mean a 10-hour dogsled ride.

dkozloski
05-11-09, 10:01 AM
You don't ride in a dogsled. You run behind it to keep up.

billc83
05-11-09, 12:46 PM
Greetings and salutations.

hunt_ak
05-11-09, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have an STS4 in Fairbanks. The best advice I can give you is to be very wary of Alaska Sales and Service in Anchorage and Chevrolet-Cadillac of Fairbanks. I don't know anything about the dealer in Soldotna. Where are you located?
I'm in Wasilla. I have had good luck so far with Lithia in Wasilla when I had my 05 CC Silverado, but that was all warranty work. We'll see, hopefully I wont have to get work done on it for some time :)

RightTurn
05-12-09, 11:55 AM
:wave: Can you see Russia from your house?

Jesda
05-12-09, 01:03 PM
Sal is in Alaska right now. You guys should jump into snowmachines and have a meet.

dkozloski
05-12-09, 02:22 PM
Sal is in Alaska right now. You guys should jump into snowmachines and have a meet.
Snowmachines are an abomination; noisey, stinky, uncouth. Snowshoes for the purist.

hunt_ak
05-12-09, 07:25 PM
:wave: Can you see Russia from your house?

Well played :)

Snow is getting a little hard to find around here believe it or not....here's a pic of mine

http://www.cybercyclemag.com/powersportsdlr/images/NewVehicles/2004_17_f7firecat-efisp-grn.jpg

Snowmachines are an abomination; noisey, stinky, uncouth. Snowshoes for the purist.

I better not ever see you on a groomed trail made by a snowmachine or on a backcountry track made by one like all the other 'purists' up here HAHA

the cadillac kid
05-12-09, 07:33 PM
lol this thread brings joy to my heart.

welcome man.
Koz, behave!

dkozloski
05-12-09, 09:06 PM
Well played :)

Snow is getting a little hard to find around here believe it or not....here's a pic of mine

http://www.cybercyclemag.com/powersportsdlr/images/NewVehicles/2004_17_f7firecat-efisp-grn.jpg

I better not ever see you on a groomed trail made by a snowmachine or on a backcountry track made by one like all the other 'purists' up here HAHA
I have no interest whatever in anybody's groomed trail. I'm looking for peace and solitude, not company. Rabbits and ptarmigan are welcome. The last trip I took on the Parks Highway it looked like rabbits are heading for a peak in the cycle.

77CDV
05-12-09, 09:29 PM
Welcome! Always good to have another member from The Last Frontier.

RightTurn
05-12-09, 11:35 PM
I have no interest whatever in anybody's groomed trail.

:suspect: So say we all.

AMGoff
05-12-09, 11:40 PM
Sweet Jesus... There is life in Alaska :eek: I had only heard vague stories and hearsay until now...

Welcome aboard!

dkozloski
05-14-09, 12:50 AM
Wasilla had a pretty good high school basketball team in the late fifties.

Spyder
05-15-09, 01:12 AM
I call bullshit. You're not from Alaska. If you were, koz would have eaten you by now. The Malamute Kid and Sitka Charley have nothing on our 'ol crotchety Koz!

hunt_ak
05-15-09, 03:09 AM
The last trip I took on the Parks Highway it looked like rabbits are heading for a peak in the cycle.
That is definitely no lie!! They are everywhere it seems in southcentral AK. Next year and likely the year after will be nuts for bunny populations around here...

the cadillac kid
05-16-09, 01:41 PM
:postpics:

let's see the 'lade :thumbsup:

C0RSA1R
05-17-09, 04:43 PM
:yeah:

. . . and The Kid brings it right back to focus . . .

77CDV
05-17-09, 11:24 PM
That is definitely no lie!! They are everywhere it seems in southcentral AK. Next year and likely the year after will be nuts for bunny populations around here...

I'm sure the wolves will be pleased to hear it.

dkozloski
05-17-09, 11:57 PM
I'm sure the wolves will be pleased to hear it.
Wolves don't waste their time with rabbits. They eat moose, caribou, and household pets. Lynx eat rabbits.

77CDV
05-18-09, 12:05 AM
Then the lynx will be pleased to hear it.

the cadillac kid
05-18-09, 01:45 AM
Wolves don't waste their time with rabbits. They eat moose, caribou, and household pets. Lynx eat rabbits.

do they enjoy chomping on bichon frises? :alchi:

dkozloski
05-18-09, 10:44 AM
do they enjoy chomping on bichon frises? :alchi:
They'll settle for whatever is on the end of the chain in the yard.

hunt_ak
05-20-09, 07:21 PM
:postpics:

let's see the 'lade :thumbsup:
All the pics I have is from the ad, but I'll try and throw 'em up soon....

hunt_ak
05-20-09, 09:10 PM
Here's the ol' girl....

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/hunt_ak/Escalade/Caddy.jpg

the cadillac kid
05-21-09, 12:30 AM
Initial reaction: "there's no snow on the ground"

:lol:

nice looking rig :thumbsup: