: Nav radio buttons peeling, I have them. How do I replace them?

bneal1022
05-10-09, 07:23 PM
Hi guys ! sorry if this is old hack..
I am picking up my 05 CTS-V Friday. As commonly found in the forum my buttons are peeling on the nav unit. I have the buttons, but I can't find anything on how to replace them as far as instructions. Can anyone direct me to the procedure? I see posts about a "how to" but was unable to find it.

Glad to be part of the group...soon. I stole this car and will post pics 32K miles, black, new tires, super clean - 19K. Wanted one for years woohoo.

OldRoadDawg
05-10-09, 07:53 PM
Here's the only thing I found:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1263142-post26.html

Bill (ewill3rd) at Lindsay replaced mine under warranty, so I've never seen it done.

darkman
05-10-09, 08:23 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/radiobuttons/index.html

bneal1022
05-10-09, 08:33 PM
thanks guys !! that helps so much. The first step it mentions to order the right buttons.. the full set I have has 3 on each side with the male tab and 3 with the femal tab for both the left buttons with text and the right with no text... sound right?

bneal1022
05-10-09, 08:50 PM
I also have the 2 large knobs to replace.. can this be done then as well? Do you just pull them off when you have the boards out replacing the small side buttons?

thanks again

stuckey
05-10-09, 09:34 PM
the volume and tuning nobs pull off without taking the radio apart search is your friend

for the veterans...where is seaV on the nav buttons he was working on

ewill3rd
05-13-09, 06:53 AM
You guys still need instructions on this?
I might have some photos somewhere... I am not sure if I can put something together this week but I might be able to type out some general instructions.

bneal1022
05-13-09, 08:08 AM
I sure could !! I'm a DIY as long as I got instructions Postem here or email them to me THANKS ! my V went out of warranty 1 month ago (probably why he sold it) trying to get dealer to honor. I am anticipating the worst and will likley have to do it myself.

LT4POWR
05-13-09, 11:42 AM
I need to do this too. Any additional help would be awesome.

ewill3rd
05-13-09, 10:06 PM
I am packing for a trip, I'll be gone from Saturday to next Saturday.
I'll try to find my photos and post something up for you guys after that.
Remind me.

PeteM
05-25-09, 09:44 PM
I'm new to this forum, so maybe this has been answered elsewhere, but where do you get the replacement knobs and buttons themselves? At the dealer? Someplace else?

trhs75
05-25-09, 10:03 PM
I saw somewhere on this forum that Lindsay Cadillac sells them. However, I would guess any dealer could get them if they could. Good luck!

stuckey
05-26-09, 05:19 AM
I saw somewhere on this forum that Lindsay Cadillac sells them. However, I would guess any dealer could get them if they could. Good luck!

But Luke @ Lindsay will have the best price :D

ewill3rd
06-03-09, 04:40 PM
Any dealer CAN get them.... but most are too stupid to realize it, the rest are too dumb to try even if they do know.
:lol:

(sorry other dealers :D)