: Suspension drop for coupe deville

MARCELOV
05-10-09, 07:01 PM
What's up, my question is does anyone out there know where i can get some aftermarket springs to lower caddy 2 inches? I read somewhere that aftermarket springs for caprice or impalla ss will work but can't recall the year, by the way my caddy is 1983 coupe deville, aside from crappy paint car is clean inside and out. Just got the car running, had been sitting in garage for 4 years, put a fuel pump in it and it fired right up, needs tune up though, and was also planning on draining coolant, replacing with new stuff, i've heard these caddies require some pellets to seal cooling system and that this is very important, where can i get a hold of these? Back to coil spring question, as far as lowering this car(looking for 2 inch drop) would the rear be lowered just by replacing coil springs or is more involved? I know i could lower front with lower springs or dropped spindles, does anyone know where i could get the spindles or what other makes i could install on the caddy that would work? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thnks

mlj427
05-10-09, 10:44 PM
Hello
You can get the cooling system pellets at GM. They cost $5 or $6 a pack. I don't know about the lowering but I will watch this post to see I have a 83 coupe also.
Thanks
Mike

jayoldschool
05-11-09, 11:50 AM
HERE (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/160705-lowering-1983-deville.html) is a thread that will tell you everything you need to know...

MARCELOV
05-12-09, 03:26 PM
thanks for response Jay, plenty of useful info in the thread, still wondering about the dropped spindles though, any ideas or should i just go with coil springs?
thnkxs

Lazarus_Rooney
05-12-09, 04:23 PM
i looked on that thread and the lowered brougham looks AMAZING. now im interested in doing this. that car just had impala SS springs and new shocks? i wonder what that did to the ride quality.

jayoldschool
05-12-09, 08:18 PM
Lots of complaints about drop spindles. I highly recommend springs/shocks only. Ride quality with SS springs will be stiffer, but not unacceptable. Shock choice will dictate the ride, however. Cheap shocks will still be floaty. Bilsteins will be stiff.