: AHHHH (she broke it!)

avantgarde
05-10-09, 04:43 PM
She broke it...

I bought my mom an SRX several months ago, All was fine and dandy just a few things here and there, and it's been absolutely solid...

Well she takes it out of town this weekend with my aunt, and on the way back she calls me to tell me "what does Theft Lock mean?"

Apparently they were playing with the radio, some kind of way, and Magically broke it...She said the Air conditioning also stopped working when all of that happened...

What did she do. I'm 400 miles away from them right now. Have no clue what happened and there's nothing out there that says that Theft Lock will just randomly pop up...except on older Grand Am's...

Any info is much appreciated.

c5 rv
05-10-09, 05:43 PM
Is it still under warranty? If so, have her call the Cadillac roadside assistance number that is on a sticker at the bottom of the driver side window. I think it is 800-882-1112. Or, push the blue OnStar button, if she has that service activated.

TexasJim
05-10-09, 10:51 PM
We had an '05 that this happened to once (and only once) during the 3 years we owned it. In addition to the radio message and A/C not working, I seem to recall that I couldn't get the key out of the ignition when we shut the engine off (going by memory here). I think we corrected the problem by getting the second fob, locking the doors with the second fob (from outside the car), then using the fob to unlock the doors. At that point, the problem disappeared. This all from memory - hope I remembered correctly!!

avantgarde
05-11-09, 10:42 AM
yea, that's pretty much what happened...

I get a call a couple hours later saying that she stopped at a rest area, turned it off, took the key out, then turned it back on and it worked perfectly...

Now, I'm wondering why it did this in the first place...

z06bigbird
05-14-09, 01:29 AM
I don't know anything about SRXs, but these newer cars occasionally have a fluke. Might never happen again. If it repeats itself, take to dealer. Keep in mind that they might have a hard time replicating problem.