: Official Dyno #'s Thread......

Razorecko
05-10-09, 12:38 PM
We need an official dyno thread...state your mileage, mods, vehicle trans, type of dyno and numbers.....I'll start with mine

2200 miles
Fully Stock
Manual Transmission
Mustang Dyno w/ 501tq & 461hp

todd03blown
05-11-09, 03:07 PM
WOW, are these cars really that underrated from the factory? thats about 590HP stock!!

wait4me
05-11-09, 03:24 PM
Looks about right. Mine dynoed at 44X when stock and new. Now mileage at 10,000 and purrin like a kitten at 598 hp. THOUSANDS of dyno pull miles, drag strip pulls and track day miles.. Even pulled off the cats this weekend and snapped some pictures of what the insides look like and they are still looking brand new in there.... Ill post those pictures today. My car is 100% beat on, and im enjoying it every day.. MUCH better than the first gen....

Buzduz74
05-12-09, 09:06 PM
We need an official dyno thread...state your mileage, mods, vehicle trans, type of dyno and numbers.....I'll start with mine

2200 miles
Fully Stock
Manual Transmission
Mustang Dyno w/ 501tq & 461hp

1800 MIles
Corsa, manual Trans
Dyno Jet
Mild ecu tune'
501.1 HP 498.6 TQ

Buzz

Tuan_CTSV
05-15-09, 12:46 PM
I went to a local performance shop with a DynoJet.
The first run was pretty much how the car came from the dealership. With about 1000 miles on the car.
The second run was the good ole open air box trick, with a fan blowing direct air into. (This run sounded awesome because you can really hear the supercharger whine up, I can't wait to get a cold air for the car.)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/topendusa/IMG_4354.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/topendusa/IMG_4357.jpg

Razorecko
05-29-09, 09:11 PM
Question for all those knowledgeable in dyno matters...

Now I had another dyno run done at a closer place that specializes in awd imports like evo's etc. Once the V was strapped on their AWD dynojet (4x rollers) and cranked up the rear wheels spun on the rollers so the tires were run on the rollers a little to heat up and than redyno'd a little slower...the results....474hp and 450tq ???? So my hp was practically the same as on the other dyno but the tq dropped like by 50 !. Now do you think this had something to do with the initial wheel spin on the rollers or the fact that it was a awd dyno only using the rear rollers ? I doubt my car switched over power like that so something is off. I accidentally put in 87 octane in the v a few weeks back but drove that tank dry w/out ever hitting boost ( didnt want to get knock ) and than in the next tank of 93 i just put in some chevron techron fuel system cleaner ( concentrate ) either way i dont think that had anything to do with the strange drop in tq.

wait4me
05-29-09, 11:00 PM
Every dyno shop is going to have different numbers. A dyno is just a tuning tool to show gains, and provide a safer environment for wot fueling/spark setup...

Razorecko
05-29-09, 11:13 PM
well what really threw me off was that on 1 dyno my tq was 30-40 more than my hp and than on the newer dyno it was exactly flipped