: Quick warranty question...

gfourth
05-09-09, 09:12 PM
Hey guys,
I was underneath the V yesterday doing an engine oil, tranny fluid, and fuel filter change and I noticed that the front right strut (FE4) appears to be blown. Are struts covered under warranty?? My warranty expires on the 28th of this month...

Just got the rear replaced a few weeks ago, and now it looks like she's going back for a MM and a strut.

Thanks guys.

Side story: Never plan on working underneath your car on a hot concrete driveway with bad sunburns. Excruciating pain. Also, the last fitting on the fuel filter didnt want to let go, so I gave it a real good yank... I was laying directly underneath it and when it came loose I took a splash of gas to the eyes. That burnt. I had to flush my eyes out with water for a while and wash my face with soap right away.

CTSV_510
05-09-09, 09:26 PM
yes struts are covered under the standard warranty.

hope your eyes feel better.

gfourth
05-09-09, 09:56 PM
yes struts are covered under the standard warranty.

hope your eyes feel better.

Thank you sir.

My eyes are fine, it was just the initial stinging that sucked.

rand49er
05-09-09, 11:13 PM
Call me a slow learner (you won't be the first :rolleyes:), but more than once I've been syphoning gas out of my boat's tank and while sucking on the hose to get it started got not only a mouth full, but had it coming out my nose. Not sure what's worst ... neither place is any fun.

gfourth
05-09-09, 11:28 PM
Call me a slow learner (you won't be the first :rolleyes:), but more than once I've been syphoning gas out of my boat's tank and while sucking on the hose to get it started got not only a mouth full, but had it coming out my nose. Not sure what's worst ... neither place is any fun.

I have definitely gotten gas in my mouth that way, but never through my nose! I can only imagine that experience...