: Door locks . . . .

Aron9000
05-09-09, 06:02 AM
So something just broke in the lock linkage on my pass side door(1991 Brougham) I can still lock and unlock the door with the key on the outside. From the inside, the lever feels like its disconnected and does nothing, you can move it up and down and the door won't lock or unlock. The power lock quit working for that door as well, it'll still move the lever up and down but will not unlock or lock the door.

Since I'll be ripping the door panel off AGAIN, where is a good place to buy those christmas tree clips that hold it on? I damaged a couple last time I took it off.

Aron9000
05-10-09, 01:48 AM
Any thoughts on what could be wrong? I'm going to the junkyard later this week.

My_favorite_Brougham
05-10-09, 06:26 PM
On of the plastic clips holding those many rods together probably disintegrated - most likely the one connecting the lever to the lock assembly. As for those Christmas tree door panel clips, you can get them at any auto parts store, like Auto Zone, etc.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Greg

21again
06-13-09, 09:36 PM
The exact same thing happened to mine on the passenger side as well. After you pull off the door trim and look inside you will find the other end of the lock rod has broken off the door lock assembly. It's a cheap piece of cast metal that the lock rod goes through where it attaches to the lock assembly. GM no longer makes the lock assembly by the way. I'm currently fabricating a "Bubba" fix and if it works I'll post it here.

Aron9000
06-14-09, 01:36 AM
It ended up being that cheap piece of cast metal that broke. I went to the junkyard and got the entire door latch and replaced it.