: Seeing.... Triple?

DopeStar 156
05-08-09, 11:46 PM
So I went out last night with an old friend of mine and her hot friend (who is just askin' for it, I swear to God... hahaha :lildevil: ) and parked in the hot friend's apartment complex after we got back to her place. No, you're not drunk, this is where I parked, hahahaha....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/0507091929.jpg

It's pretty uncommon for me to see one other car like mine in an entire week let alone two parked pretty close to each other. The blue one was in some sad shape with Oldsmobile hubcaps on three of the four wheels. The driver front was the donut from the trunk. The white one was a mid 80's that wasn't in bad shape but needed a little reconditioning, mine was pretty much the best outta the three. Haha, I was worried I'd come out and find all my exterior trim gone and nicely applied to the other cars.....

Thought I'd share....

EMB1230
05-09-09, 01:25 AM
It's kind of patriotic :thumbsup: Is it me or do the other 2 look wider than yours? It must be the angle.

DopeStar 156
05-09-09, 01:31 AM
It's kind of patriotic :thumbsup: Is it me or do the other 2 look wider than yours? It must be the angle.

It's the angle, my car's not showing the "tails" which add to the width......

Lazarus_Rooney
05-09-09, 01:34 AM
i thought the one on the left was mine for a second!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-09-09, 01:56 AM
I swear those other 2 look bigger than yours...

Aron9000
05-09-09, 05:57 AM
That white one looks massive compared to yours. The scale looks like his is an 86 RWD, while yours looks like an 86 FWD Deville in scale.

77CDV
05-09-09, 02:27 PM
I feel a strange need to salute.....

MT-ED
05-09-09, 03:45 PM
It's so funny. Like you say, one often doesn't see other cars around that much.
I read your post and we went out shortly after. We get 2 minutes from home and there's an 80's Brougham DeElegance in front of me. Never seen it before but it was freakin' near mint condition. We cruised along in traffic together, but even when we got alongside the driver barely looked at us. Oh well. I was hoping for a mutual appreciation thing.
Last weekend we get one traffic light from our place in the other direction and a clone of my '91 crosses in front of us :cool2:

Martin.

96Fleetwood
05-09-09, 11:42 PM
I swear those other 2 look bigger than yours...

I was thinking the same thing!

caddeville89
05-10-09, 12:24 AM
When I lived in New Hampshire, there was a clone of my car driving around in the same town. One night, we parked at a Friendly's right next to each other. I didn't get to see who was driving it though. At least he waved when we did pass each other, which happened a few times.
I don't get it when people don't show the mutual appreciatin thing either.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-10-09, 02:04 AM
Old people love my cars. It's hilarious to pass an elderly couple and have both of them just stare at my car. It happens several times a week and it always makes me smile.

greencadillacmatt
05-10-09, 02:23 AM
The other day I passed a guy in a mid 90's Fleetwood on the highway and we both nodded at each-other. There is a guy that drives around town in a restored early 70's Nova. Every time I pass him I honk and he honks back. That mutual appreciation thing is always cool...

sven914
05-10-09, 02:26 PM
Strangely enough, this exact thing happened to me one day at the college I go to. After class I went to the parking lot and found my blue 89 flanked by a maroon 91 and a white 86 (I checked the VIN's). The red one was missing every emblem and centercap, but the body was in overall good condition. The white one had blown rear shocks, no hubcaps, cracking vinyl top, a De Ville hood ornament, cracked body fillers, faded chrome, and torn upholstery. As for mine, I don't what anyone says, she's perfect in my eyes.

Warren_R
05-10-09, 05:14 PM
Has the phenomenon crossed to the west coast, already? Noticed a near-copy of mine drive by the other day while eating at a FF place. Did a quick double take to make sure my car hadn't been stolen.

fleetwood76
05-10-09, 05:31 PM
Great picture with the three cadillacs, but more important, where is a photo of the hot friend.

jolle

DopeStar 156
05-10-09, 09:39 PM
Great picture with the three cadillacs, but more important, where is a photo of the hot friend.

jolle

Hahahaha. Well, let's see what happens first, my crosshairs are locked.....

I had a clone of my car pass me today going the opposite way from a red light, I wasn't driving my car though, I had my dad's Buick......

robb257731
05-11-09, 03:24 PM
Hey DopeStar, nice car! I just bought a 91 in the same colour to replace my 92 (cheaper to buy the 91 than to paint the 92, and the 91 ha s leather). Does yours have the wire rims or the stock hubcaps? I've got the rims on the 91 and hubcaps on the 92, I can't decide which I like better. Post a profile shot if you've got rims with whitewalls!

DopeStar 156
05-11-09, 03:46 PM
Hey DopeStar, nice car! I just bought a 91 in the same colour to replace my 92 (cheaper to buy the 91 than to paint the 92, and the 91 ha s leather). Does yours have the wire rims or the stock hubcaps? I've got the rims on the 91 and hubcaps on the 92, I can't decide which I like better. Post a profile shot if you've got rims with whitewalls!

No I have steel wheels with wire hubcaps. I want the wire rims though. Been looking for years. Give 'em to me if you don't want them!