: Car doesn't start

soupero
05-08-09, 02:27 PM
Hey guys so, we've got a 2005 STS V6 at home. But 2 weeks ago the car wouldn't start, it got towed to the dealer which couldn't immediately find the problem (the car itself said the battery was dead).

This week my dad experienced the same problem and again it had to go to the dealer but the dealer says the battery is fine.

As you perhaps know Kroysmans Europe (which imported cadillac-corvette-hummer-...) went bankrupt so Cadillac Europe (and the dealers) aren't hearing anything about problems which may occur.

So if anyone could help me, have you guys heard about a recall or anything like that? Or do you know what's wrong, please let me know.

Thanks

pjbizjak
05-08-09, 08:22 PM
Have you tried to jump start or charge the battery on your own? If you can jump start it or if the battery will hold a charge then you should be able to start the car.

soupero
05-09-09, 06:49 AM
Yeah we have, we even tried it the first time. Didn't do anything...

BaTu
05-09-09, 11:42 AM
So, just to be clear, the car doesn't just "Not Start" it really "Won't Crank"? I mean, you push the start button and it does Nothing?

No message in the DIC?

Just completely dead and the dealership says the battery is OK?

Must be a "draw" somewhere if that's the case. Did your dad have trouble while out on the road or after it sat overnight?

More info........ ;)

soupero
05-10-09, 10:06 AM
When pressing the start button it didn't do anything. Then it got towed towards the dealer, he checked the car out and said the battery is A-ok.

BaTu
05-10-09, 10:33 AM
OK , so you've got a "No Crank" condition.

Still not sure how "dead" the car is though....

You get in,

Interior lights on?

If you didn't press the brake and tried to start, would the DIC message you to apply the brake?

What happens if you tried to turn on the headlights?

And again, dead on the road - or after it "sat overnight"?

What if you simply had a bad Start Switch? ;)

soupero
05-10-09, 04:59 PM
I better let my dad talk, he just told me what happened but the 1st time I was there.

He could get the lights on, but when pressing the break and then the start button it didn't ''crank'' ?! I myself haven't experienced it and yes it sat overnight.

Sorry for the little information I got, I'll get back to you soon.

JayPeezy11
07-31-09, 10:51 AM
Sounds like my problem. I press the start button and nothing happens except the engine light comes on and then about 20 seconds later the dash lights and radio and everything comes on but the car won't start. I had the computer reset and it worked for about a month started to do the same thing. If I try it in the morning nothing happens but the past week or so I can get it start throughout the day. I belive its the starter but not sure any help?