: Who will buy Cadillac???

V-Love
05-07-09, 06:14 PM
When GM goes belly up, who do you think will be building the V's? China, Japan, France.......
I say we find some investors and make a bid for it!

Jayrcr3
05-07-09, 07:10 PM
No one. GM will keep Cadillac in the restructuring.

neuronbob
05-07-09, 07:16 PM
Exactly. Caddy will be part of the "good" GM. No worries. That's one reason I bought a V, I have full confidence that Cadillac and the good parts of GM will survive.

Uriel
05-07-09, 07:33 PM
Cadillac and Chevrolet are as much America as Football, Mom and Apple Pie, etc, etc. America ain't going away neither is Caddie. And of that I am certain! We are having a liottle down period attributable to greed, stupidity and lack of vision - (something we're all guilty of at some time or another). Have a little Faith - "The assurred expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld" --- As it It says somewhere in the Bible.

Razorecko
05-07-09, 07:45 PM
cadillac wont be sold because it is a money maker for gm. Obviously for this fact i'm sure any company out there would snap up caddy in a split second if it could. Cadillac is not like chrysler who tried to sell itself to anyone who would buy it. Did you know chrysler tried to sell itself to 3 different chines auto manufacturers and got denied by all ? -lol...guess fiat took the bait

proexpert
05-07-09, 11:04 PM
I'll buy a CTS-V in Feb 2010.

V-Eight
05-08-09, 11:42 AM
Cadillac and Chevrolet are as much America as Football, Mom and Apple Pie, etc, etc. America ain't going away neither is Caddie. And of that I am certain! We are having a liottle down period attributable to greed, stupidity and lack of vision - (something we're all guilty of at some time or another). Have a little Faith - "The assurred expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld" --- As it It says somewhere in the Bible.

Well said

c5 rv
05-08-09, 01:02 PM
Tata Motors should buy Cadillac. Cadillac can be paired with Jaguar / Land Rover in a premium car division. Big Tatas?

Playdrv4me
05-08-09, 01:10 PM
Silly rabbit, Cadillac isn't going anywhere.

dkozloski
05-08-09, 01:33 PM
Cadillac will soon be a distant memory like Packard, Pierce Arrow, and Hupmobile.

Rodya234
05-08-09, 08:06 PM
If GM files under Chapter 11, which is the most likely, Cadillac will be fine. Chapter 7 is a different story, however, filing under 7 is very unlikely.

billc83
05-08-09, 11:35 PM
Nothing is certain right now. I'd like to see a post Chapter 11 "Good GM" succeed, but even then its long-term survival isn't guaranteed. If C11 turns into C7, then things will get real interesting, real quick.

@ c5 rv - I think a Tata Motors owned Cadillac would be truly horrible for the brand. Jaguar would always get top billing. Look at the failure of Ford's Premier Automotive Group...