: Help with TCC replacement parts list

[NortHStaR]
05-07-09, 07:08 PM
So I'm gonna tackle the TCC solenoid job on my 1999 DeVille but I am not exactly sure of what I need so my question is, besides the solenoid what other parts/gaskets etc. do I need/should replace while I'm in there?

Thanks in advanced guys! :D

tateos
05-07-09, 07:16 PM
Do a search - you will find this one and many, many others:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/149834-information-p0741-p1860-1998-a.html

[NortHStaR]
05-07-09, 07:36 PM
Sorry maybe I wasnt exactly clear, I know what I need to do the TCC job I'm just wondering if there is anything else in there that is known to fail that I should replace because I dont want to have to pull this motor for a long long time, this will be my 3rd time having it out in the past 6 months (head gasket, then no oil pressure and had to replace the pump, now I'm getting the TCC code) :bighead: :thepan:

Ranger
05-07-09, 07:45 PM
You must be getting pretty good at this.

No other things to replace that I can think of.

[NortHStaR]
05-07-09, 07:56 PM
Yes I am getting very good at it Ranger lol the first time I pulled the motor out the top and the second time I dropped the cradle, and I will probably drop the cradle this time too.

I have a few HG jobs lined up in my own town as well actually so I will be doing it a few more times :thumbsup:

After pulling the motor out the top dropping the cradle is CAKE.

This time when I drop the cradle I'm going to do a step by step, bolt by bolt write up with lots of pictures that I hope will help some people out.

Thank you for your input Ranger :yup:

chazglenn3
05-08-09, 12:56 PM
Thank you in advance for planning the step-by-step, bolt-by-bolt write up! I'm looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

[NortHStaR]
05-08-09, 01:28 PM
No Problem! :highfive:

I know that when I pulled the motor my first time it seemed like there where not enough pictures in the current write ups and I know that there are people out there like me who can read something a thousand times and not get it but see a picture once and know it right away.

AlBundy
05-08-09, 10:06 PM
;1871024']No Problem! :highfive:

I know that when I pulled the motor my first time it seemed like there where not enough pictures in the current write ups and I know that there are people out there like me who can read something a thousand times and not get it but see a picture once and know it right away.

Your the man, can't wait to read/see the future thread.:worship::alchi:

[NortHStaR]
05-09-09, 04:21 AM
Thanks al just trying to do my part around the forums.

I started pulling the motor today and I took lots of pictures basicaly any bolt or electrical connector that gets removed I take a picture first. I should have the whole thread orginized and put up by next weekend.

I also am including a general list of tools because as I browse through the forum I have realized that people feel you need all kinds of special tools to pull the motor and do a HG job so I figured that would be a nice feature.

cady97dev
05-11-09, 05:58 PM
;1871024']No Problem! :highfive:

Right on with this comment...What are directions for???? LOL...Looking foward too seeing this post in the near future.

[NortHStaR]
05-12-09, 02:31 AM
I'm making progress guys but its going a little slower than I would have hoped I have had alot of problems with the current set of renters at my grandparents rentals, I have had 2 people trash 2 different houses and up and leave in the middle of the night with no notice within the past 10 days :helpless: so the caddy has taken back seat but the thread should be up and complete by wednesday or thursday of next week.

tateos
05-12-09, 02:40 PM
;1870321']Yes I am getting very good at it Ranger lol the first time I pulled the motor out the top and the second time I dropped the cradle, and I will probably drop the cradle this time too.

I have a few HG jobs lined up in my own town as well actually so I will be doing it a few more times :thumbsup:

After pulling the motor out the top dropping the cradle is CAKE.

This time when I drop the cradle I'm going to do a step by step, bolt by bolt write up with lots of pictures that I hope will help some people out.

Thank you for your input Ranger :yup:

Yeah - no one believes dropping the cradle is so EASY - not until they do do it. I started out going out the top - ended up dropping the cradle - so much easier its not even close.

[NortHStaR]
05-12-09, 02:51 PM
Since december when I pulled the motor the first time, when I see people asking "how difficult is the HG job" I've always said the hardest part is getting up the guts to start the job, because I think people pop the hood and see that huge assembly jammed under there and go "oh no theres no way this can be done"

I just want to show people that the job is not as difficult as it looks and it is very do-able with a pretty basic set of tools and just a bit of know how.

tateos
05-14-09, 09:45 PM
:yeah::yeah:

AlBundy
05-15-09, 09:54 PM
;1874801']Since december when I pulled the motor the first time, when I see people asking "how difficult is the HG job" I've always said the hardest part is getting up the guts to start the job, because I think people pop the hood and see that huge assembly jammed under there and go "oh no theres no way this can be done".

:yeah: but I do know how to follow instructions, even better if I have picures/video.;)

[NortHStaR]
05-16-09, 12:12 AM
I tryed to get Jake to do a video lol he didnt seem to responsive, and if I had a helper I would probly do it, but in that case I would have to make a blooper reel that would end up being wayyyyy longer then the actual instuctional portion of the video :shhh: