Cadillac Owners Forum banner

D3 made poly Lowering Spacers

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  PSRmark 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Lots of pics

Stock assembly

Here it is taken apart

this is the perch removed. put aside the upper factory washer and nut as you will need it later

Seperate the lower bushing from it as seen here.

Discard the lower bushing. Install the metal sleeve into the perch

Here are the new replacement parts for 1 side

Take the small metal washer and install it on top of the perch as seen here

Then install the Large poly bushing on top of the washer

Next up is the small Poly bushing. Install that on to the shock as seen here

Next, take your assembled perch and install it onto the shock

#3 ·
The rest of the pics thanks to d3 mark

Now my tip is make sure to crank down on the nut (not shown) to really smash down that rubber bushing otherwise you will get the dreaded clunk.

Btw my steel bushings from 2003rc51 work great and so do nels 's but this is just another option for those lowering with lots of pics so i figured it might get misssed since it was in the sts-v forum :rolleyes:

Finish up with the factory nut and washer

Tighten and reinstall the assembly back into the vehicle.

#7 ·
Btw my steel bushings from 2003rc51 work great and so do nels 's but this is just another option for those lowering with lots of pics so i figured it might get misssed since it was in the sts-v forum :rolleyes:
thanks bud, i would of definitely missed this... im gonna pm him and see how much D3' selling them for.

#6 ·
No need to read

1. Springs and modified shocks like the ones above (as far as i am concerned all the spacers do the same thing so either get them from nels 2003rc51 or Mark at D3)

2. Ground control (comes with spacers for the shocks just like the above)

3. Springs and different non-fe4 fe2 which are Qa1 or aftermarket.

4. A true coilover Kit (k sport??)

Now if you just want looks and performance #1 is the best
If you want adjustability #4 is the best but #2 is a good option and alot cheaper

If you want great handling and don't care to adjust height #3 would be a great option .... also a great option if you are planning to switch to qa1's anyway

how much are the spacers?
not sure I would pm that mark guy from d3 or forum member nels sells aluminum ones for 50 plus shipping and 2003rc51 I dont think has decided yet if he is gonna sell them yet but his worked great for me (I bought his old springs and the spacers came with)

#9 ·
Thanks for posting this over here. I need to first fulfill my obligations with the STS-V guys since we have customers that got springs from us and had an issue with the rear end raising.

I was planning on bringing the CTS-V guys in on this as well. I have yet to do the testing for this on a CTS-V but plans are in the works to send out a prototype set. I see no reason why they wouldn't work. But I like to be 100% sure about things before I move on it.

I'll revive this thread when I have all the info I need and am ready to supply these.

FYI- The nut in the picture was only finger tight, as someone mentioned earlier...you really need to crank that down pretty good. Thanks for catching that, that was my bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.