: New CTV-S owner-former M3 owner -picking up tomorrow!

kencav
05-06-09, 10:43 PM
Picking up new Radiant Silver CTS-V auto recaros chrome alloys nav sunroof Thursday am at Colonial Cadillac in Virginia Beach. Sold 2008 M3 6-speed convertible-VERY DISAPPOINTED IN CAR! My 5th and last BMW- my other car is a 2007 Porsche 997S. Drove the car and was hooked- was actually sold when my salesperson first started it up- think my knees got weak. My car was actually flatbedded up from North Carolina as I wanted Recaros- super dealership the really went out of their way to satisfy me. What really sold me were the numerous newspaper and video reviews on the car- probably the most impressive reviews I have read in a while!
Will post pictures soon- look forward to being an active member of the forum.:thumbsup:

AuPanda
05-06-09, 10:45 PM
Congrats! You'll love the car.

neuronbob
05-06-09, 11:15 PM
Congratulations and enjoy the car!

NeedCTS-v
05-06-09, 11:26 PM
Welcome to the good ship! :)

RapidRob
05-06-09, 11:27 PM
Congrats!!! Auto or manual?

Rob

NeedCTS-v
05-06-09, 11:34 PM
Congrats!!! Auto or manual?

Rob

Clearly a choosy owner who traveled many miles for the right car...Must be manual..:duck:

kencav
05-06-09, 11:50 PM
auto guys- sorry to disappoint but still a choosy owner

NeedCTS-v
05-06-09, 11:54 PM
auto guys- sorry to disappoint but still a choosy owner

It's all good...176...177...178...etc.

:highfive:

aburd
05-06-09, 11:57 PM
although u cant name her silver bullet. already taken by me.

ab

cmicasa
05-07-09, 12:02 AM
Just outta curiosity.. what was disappointing about the M3:confused:

I love Cadillac... but the M3, M6, and M5 are respectable cars.. I just think Cadillac got the formula right in the current CTS-V.. XLR-V.. and even STS-V despite it's additional size for the particular class it is in.

I kno for a fact.. that had the Economic downturn not happened... and CAFE standards hadn't been upped... GM was getting ready to unleash some Cadillacs that would have made Rolls and Bentley blush with envy:)

Razorecko
05-07-09, 12:23 AM
it could be the fact that you need to rev to like 6000rpms to get any power out of the new '3 :)

Vlakaz
05-07-09, 12:37 AM
What really sold me were the numerous newspaper and video reviews on the car- probably the most impressive reviews I have read in a while!
Will post pictures soon- look forward to being an active member of the forum.:thumbsup:

Congrats! I picked mine up 10 days ago and I love the car. What sold me is that every single review I read up on this car before buying it were positive. Its very rare you see only positive reviews on a new car.

Hmm is it possible that I now own two of the best American 4 door sedans ever built? (actually three, the 06 STSV was in the garage staying dry) lol

Here they are getting rained on.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/vlakaz/1240a.jpg

kencav
05-07-09, 07:06 AM
m3- had to rev to 7000 to truly get into power band, convertible laden with 450 extra lbs, squeaks and rattles everywhere (i know any car can), and 6 speed was becoming a major issue- having owned them before i decided to go with the nameplate- could have went with an auto 09 m3 but decided to support GM and the american car industry this time.
By the way if you get a chance google M3 forums and search cts-v....liveley debate and some real defenders of the V amongst the BMW "brand snobery" over there!

odla
05-07-09, 08:28 AM
can you post up some links?

caddiedrummer
05-07-09, 08:30 AM
I traded the current M5 on my CTS-V. You will not be disappointed

jwa999
05-07-09, 12:27 PM
Welcome and congrats. You will find a lot of useful info on these forums.

I have a white 2009 cts-v auto with everything. And I drive a 996 turbo. The turbo has been suffering from a lack of attention. Got the cts for 4 months now. It is so solidly planted on the ground, it gives a *lot* of confidence. Every morning I wake up looking forward to driving it. That used to be the turbo's job. I still like the turbo for it's quick acceleration on highways and like the caddy more on long bumpy roads. Until I got the w4m tune. Now the caddy fills both jobs.

Hans.

Razorecko
05-07-09, 12:36 PM
Hey Ken, quick reminder. Change out all the fluids between the first 200-700 miles. Also look into getting a filtermag or some kind of magnetic drain plug as there is non on the v from the factory.

kencav
05-07-09, 12:45 PM
Thanks guys. Hans and Raz- I have been in contact with Jesse already after pouring over these forums prior to purchase and am getting plug/play tune, exhaust and airbox- dealer gave their blessing on exhaust/box- hope Jesses right on the lack of tune footprint. Raz going to heed your advice- good for any high performance engine BMW reccomends similar at 1200 miles on "M" cars- best place to get filtermag?

Also Hans- 996 turbo is amazing car- drve my friends home from Williamsburg last week!

K

Razorecko
05-07-09, 01:12 PM
Here ya go Ken...

http://www.shopfiltermag.com/

neuronbob
05-07-09, 02:00 PM
Slightly OT: Does the Filtermag actually work?

Razorecko
05-07-09, 02:08 PM
^ I wouldnt see why not. It will basically collect all the miniscule particles that will pass through the filter. And I'm guessing hold the larger particles to one side of the filter so it doesn't impede the general flow of oil by clogging up the substrate. Now with the all the aluminum being used in the lsa i'm not sure how much actual conductive metal the filtermag will grab ( obviously wont hold aluminum ) but its cheap insurance.

kencav
05-07-09, 02:26 PM
Thanx Raz- was going to get one and just ordered it- feel the same way- cheap insurance

4gear70
05-07-09, 02:45 PM
^ I wouldnt see why not. It will basically collect all the miniscule particles that will pass through the filter. And I'm guessing hold the larger particles to one side of the filter so it doesn't impede the general flow of oil by clogging up the substrate. Now with the all the aluminum being used in the lsa i'm not sure how much actual conductive metal the filtermag will grab ( obviously wont hold aluminum ) but its cheap insurance.

Cylinders are still sleeved. In a past engine build I used a chrome covered magnet (strong 100lb pull) on the bottom of the oil filter. After a couple hundred miles, did an oil change and opened up the filter. There is a small amount of very fine metalic paste-like substance attached to the base (or wherever you would have the magnet)... almost looks like silver paint. Anyway, I'd rather have it trapped in the filter than continually going through the engine. Cheap insurance is a good way to look at it. :)

Kadonny
05-07-09, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the club. I tell you the more I drive on the W4M tune, the more I love it, and I only uploaded the regular tune, not the max tune.

Enjoy, get some clear bra and tint on that bad boy! Oh, and wait to change the stock exhaust until you live with it for awhile, they did a great job with the stock exhaust.

Vlakaz
05-07-09, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the club. I tell you the more I drive on the W4M tune, the more I love it, and I only uploaded the regular tune, not the max tune.

Enjoy, get some clear bra and tint on that bad boy! Oh, and wait to change the stock exhaust until you live with it for awhile, they did a great job with the stock exhaust.

I agree, I am sure the stock exhaust is a bit restrictive when you examine it closley, but I think they did a great job as far as a factory exhaust goes.

Kadonny, do you have any other mods other then tune? eg airbox? pulley?
I am still debating getting the tune since i want to keep the car totally stock for now. I do find it sluggish in regular D (drive) though.

ericpd
05-07-09, 07:15 PM
Picking up new Radiant Silver CTS-V auto recaros chrome alloys nav sunroof Thursday am at Colonial Cadillac in Virginia Beach. Sold 2008 M3 6-speed convertible-VERY DISAPPOINTED IN CAR! My 5th and last BMW- my other car is a 2007 Porsche 997S. Drove the car and was hooked- was actually sold when my salesperson first started it up- think my knees got weak. My car was actually flatbedded up from North Carolina as I wanted Recaros- super dealership the really went out of their way to satisfy me. What really sold me were the numerous newspaper and video reviews on the car- probably the most impressive reviews I have read in a while!

Congrats,... over the M3 you will notice first and foremost, an immediate increase in velocity and how fast you attain it. Third gear is our Blue Collar gear,... whatever gets done, more than likely will get done in 3rd gear.

You're fortunate, you were able to make your decision on the V without any drama. For me, it was a hard task choosing between the V and the C63.

Again,... congrats and have some safe fun.

++++++++

Oh hell,... just realized this was yesterday's post. You're prolly rolling all over the place by now. Great!

ericpd
05-07-09, 07:24 PM
Thanx Raz- was going to get one and just ordered it- feel the same way- cheap insurance

Ok Razor,... you didn't tell me about the filtermag thing. Enlightened me with everything else though. Why you holdin' back on me bro?

Eric

Razorecko
05-07-09, 07:35 PM
Ok Razor,... you didn't tell me about the filtermag thing. Enlightened me with everything else though. Why you holdin' back on me bro?

Eric

lol sorry eric, i did mention it once or twice on the forums here but i forget we do most of our battling on mb forums :histeric: