: Window won't close using FOB

Billd0957
05-06-09, 06:38 PM
I just bought a Black 05 STS and I just love it. I have been going through the owners manual and it says when you hold the lock button for more then 2 second that the open windows will express close. The windows will express close using the switch but not the FOB.
My windows will not close.
Can anyone shine some light on my problem,

next2pool
05-06-09, 06:59 PM
I just bought a Black 05 STS and I just love it. I have been going through the owners manual and it says when you hold the lock button for more then 2 second that the open windows will express close.
My windows will not close.
Can anyone shine some light on my problem,

If the battery has ever been disconnected, the express close function won't work either by the fob or the door switches. Look in the manual and it will describe how to reset or re-program the express close function.

Cadjiek
05-06-09, 06:59 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that was a misprint in the 2005 STS manual? The ability to close the windows with the remote started with 2006 Model.

Cadjiek

Cadjiek
05-06-09, 07:00 PM
Sorry. Wrong thread.

Cadjiek

Cadjiek
05-06-09, 07:02 PM
I had the correct thread. I got confused when I saw a response hit before mine did. New at this game.

Cadjiek

EChas3
05-06-09, 07:30 PM
In my early build 2006 the dealer service department had to 'turn on' the feature. It works now.

Dadollac1
05-06-09, 07:54 PM
I have an 05 1SG and it works well on my car so the 2005 does have that option:thumbsup:

STS42006
05-07-09, 02:37 AM
wait can someone explain this feature what it does and how it works?

sweetdivel
05-07-09, 05:27 AM
i have an 05 but this feature is not working .....how can i activate it?????

Onalaska
05-07-09, 07:45 AM
Never worked on my 05.

Cadjiek
05-07-09, 08:06 AM
Do we understand the original question from Billd0957? I believe he is trying to close his windows from outside the car. With the feature he is refering to, after you have started to walk away from your car and you realize your windows are open, you should be able to press the lock button on your fob then release and hold it down for 2 seconds. The windows should then close.

Cdjiek

stevenriz
05-07-09, 08:07 AM
Mine does not work either. Just tried it. Everything else works. Door locks, remote start, trunk, start button... just the windows don't close. I will try FOB 2 when I get home. What could keep this from working?

Cadjiek
05-07-09, 08:17 AM
I still believe that this function does not work on an 05. I have other friends with 05's and it does not work on theirs. Like I said originally, I had heard that Cadillac made an error in the 05 manual. That is what I understand. I hope I'm wrong for you 05 'ers.

cadjiek

Billd0957
05-07-09, 08:44 AM
Thank you all for your answers, I am going to ask the dealer this evening.
I will let you know what they said

CStradling24
05-07-09, 11:47 AM
I have a 2005 STS V8 and it works perfectly. Now keep in mind this car has every feature you could get besides AWD.

TSS
05-07-09, 11:55 AM
Maybe it was a mid year or late 2005 change. So build dates might matter. :hmm:

Dadollac1
05-07-09, 12:20 PM
Cadjiek wrote:
I still believe that this function does not work on an 05. I have other friends with 05's and it does not work on theirs. Like I said originally, I had heard that Cadillac made an error in the 05 manual. That is what I understand. I hope I'm wrong for you 05 'ers.
My question for him is; what's the matter with your brain can't you understand that members with 05's as myself are telling you we have this option yet you still insist that Cadillac made an error i the 05 maual.......DUH ????

Dadollac1
05-07-09, 12:23 PM
Cadjiek wrote:
My question for him is; what's the matter with your brain can't you understand that members with 05's as myself are telling you we have this option yet you still insist that Cadillac made an error in the 05 manual an that the 05 doesn't have that option......DUH ???? ( better read your manual or get yours fixed)

Cadjiek
05-07-09, 12:54 PM
I have an 07. Mine works fine. I was trying to help the guy out based I what I had heard. Could be a mid year change. No DUH"S needed.

Cadjiek

Dadollac1
05-07-09, 07:23 PM
OK :thehand:but you can't help anyone out with the wrong info?

aintmisbehavinn
05-07-09, 08:38 PM
That's what debate is even if it's no correct, at least ideas are exchanged. I didn't see anything carved into the stone age. As for the wrong info, thanks for steppin in and making it the right info.

Dadollac1
05-07-09, 09:29 PM
Whatever!

next2pool
05-07-09, 09:30 PM
I have an 07. Mine works fine. I was trying to help the guy out based I what I had heard. Could be a mid year change. No DUH"S needed.

Cadjiek

Wow--I'm with you! I've never been on a forum like this when people who try to help are shamelessly flamed by others who never contribute squat. I'm giving up on this one and going to a different forum. Some of these a-holes spend time criticizing spelling or format but can't read the message or act like grown ups. I guess you can't limit STS sales to real people after all.

rb92gt
05-07-09, 09:45 PM
If others with an 05 say it works, why the heck would someone keep insisting it doesn't work on an 05. That little kid who always says nuh uhh, nuh uhh, nuh uhh is usually wrong.

EChas3
05-07-09, 11:06 PM
My 2006 1SG STS4 w' ACC is a very early build. The only options it doesn't have are those deleted by the AWD. I found a $1,000 credit card receipt in the name of our dealer in the owners manual business card pocket dated September 2004. I'd bet it's the down payment on an order for a second-year model made almost a year before it was built.

The dealer's service department had to make a change for this feature to work as documented. It's a single press and 2-second-hold to the FOB Lock button and any open window will close. I have a hard time believing that Cadillac would print a correction to the 2005 manual if, in fact, a fuse-box jumper setting (like in my car) is all that was needed.

I believe the posters that claim the feature works in their 2005 but it must be a mid-year change and/or related to an option package.

2005er's - Make sure it can't be 'turned-on' despite the manual correction. Compare early and late builds. Compare option levels. There is a pattern waiting to be found. Is it worth the search?

stevenriz
05-08-09, 08:32 AM
Next2Pool, don't leave, just ignore the whatevers and the duhs. There is still good information to be exchanged here. I actually did read a little on another Cadillac forum but this one seems far superior then that other one.

now back to the FOB issue... If it is a fuse box jumper that will make this work, do you know what was jumped?

Lifer
05-08-09, 10:14 AM
2006 SRS 1SG V8, Oct 2005 Build

Mine works.

EChas3
05-08-09, 10:51 PM
I owe it to the board to be precise. I don't know how the dealer 'turned it on'. That's what the work order said. I know it didn't work before. I know it did afterward. Chance? Doubtful.

Previous modules did have features activated by fuse-box jumpers. (Like my wife's old '98 - what a good looking and roomy car. I hated the front drive.) Anyway... I have no proof of what they did.

dkozloski
05-08-09, 11:06 PM
Maybe the button pushing sequence on the fob is too complicated for some people and they can't get it done.

EChas3
05-08-09, 11:17 PM
Well Koz, nice to see you back!

I don't think I got any smarter that day. But I explain facts to a lot of ignorant users every day. Maybe I'm no different!

PS - It's a sequence of one! Press & hold! Or is that two! See, I'm not getting smarter... I'm getting dumber!

dkozloski
05-08-09, 11:34 PM
Well Koz, nice to see you back!

I don't think I got any smarter that day. But I explain facts to a lot of ignorant users every day. Maybe I'm no different!

PS - It's a sequence of one! Press & hold! Or is that two! See, I'm not getting smarter... I'm getting dumber!
I just went outside and lowered all the windows on my '06 STS4. I pushed the lock button on the fob and held it. All the windows went up. It's just a single push that is held until the windows go up. So simple even a caveman can do it.

CStradling24
05-09-09, 03:24 AM
Those of you that say it doesn't work...

Just for fun, walk about 20 feet away and then press and hold the lock button for 2 seconds. Mine doesn't always work when I am close but I haven't figured out why yet. I just got the car. I know that when I am walking away and do it the windows roll up.

lreddiablo
05-10-09, 07:25 PM
Ok, so this whole debate thing, I remember reading before I got my '05 that this was a feature added in '06, but for some strange reason the owners' manual update that came with my car mentioned this feature. I took it to a dealer pointing out that it didnt work along with getting some other bs warranty work. When I got the car back for this problem the solution was - not available in this model. This dealer was a crappy one anyways in Glendale where the service rep (not mechanic) acted like he knew everything, when I could easily stump him. I now have a much better dealer that I go to in San Diego. I have to take my car in for an engine light (camshaft sensor 2 malfunction). When I take the car in for this I'll try and see if this dealer has anyway of activating the feature. And yes I know how to hold down a lock button for 2 seconds!