: Wreath and Crest

bbshriver
05-06-09, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know if there is a replacement wreath and crest for the grille that is the "old style" with the birds and such in it? The updated one looks a bit plain to me.

megeebee
05-07-09, 12:27 PM
For a STS from 2005 on? Nope. Cadillac newest crest has been on all Cadillacs since the 2002 model year, except the Eldorado which wore the old style one until its death later that year.

bbshriver
05-07-09, 12:38 PM
Yep, I have an 05 STS.
I assume Cadillac was nice enough to make the new one an entirely different size etc. than the old one as well? i.e. would an older one from a different year fit?

KARL DAHLEN
05-07-09, 08:44 PM
I bought one from a dealer several years ago. Chromed metal in two pieces. Think it was about $50. Put it on a 92 STS grill.

megeebee
05-08-09, 12:33 PM
Yep, I have an 05 STS.
I assume Cadillac was nice enough to make the new one an entirely different size etc. than the old one as well? i.e. would an older one from a different year fit?

In all honesty, I doubt it. The grille on the 2005 generation STS has a downward slant that the older cars simply didn't have; theirs being more upright. That, and the newer one is probably more pointed or "V-eed" too. The crest follows the surface of the grille, and the older cars seem to have a less protruding shape. So fitting something flatter and more upright on to something more angled and sloping may result in disappointment.

You might measure the one on your car, then measure one from a 98-04 SLS.

Have you posted pics of your car here? I'm waiting until I can mount the factory 18" wheels I just bought before I post a pic of mine.

bbshriver
05-08-09, 12:38 PM
Have not posted a pic yet.

Figured I wouldn't be able to use one from an older caddy, but thought it might be worth a try. I think that surface is still "flat" so I think size would be the determining factor..