Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SOB – not another worthless wheel&tire thread!

716 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  nmaier2201 
#1 ·
What horrible timing. My OEM stockers are getting refinished. As a band-aid I’m running my winter Mille rims w/ 245/40s (crap summer tires) until my OEM stockers get refinished. Once my OEM stockers are done I was going to buy some narrow blizzaks for my Mille wheels this winter… when spring came around hopefully I’d be running widened stockers and could put 4 new stickies on in the spring…..

So I ran over something that sliced my 245/40 on my Mille wheels. My tread on all 4 is getting low… so w/ our speed sensors I don’t want to put 1 new tire on and have one tire spinning faster than the other. I don’t want to drop the coin on 2 new tires…. Because the Mille wheels are only 8” wide… and the OEMs are 8.5…. so what do I do?

I think my only real option is get two new tires (as wide as a 8” Mille will allow) and run them in the rear this summer. Then if my above mentioned plan works I can run them in the fronts next summer when I get the OEM wheels back on.

So that being said…. Can I run a 255/40 or 255/45 on a 8” Mille wheel w/o it rolling all over the place all summer? dare I say 265?

#3 ·
Yeah I could try and just band-aid it..... I'm always all about out with the lesser and in with the upgrades though.... like most everyone on this board :)

ROFL... ethnic... what you meant was mom&pop tire places :) Not big honkin chains that will make you replace all 4 tires :)

#4 ·
I don't suppose some JBweld would be the band aid you are talking about then huh?

Here's the VanDamages

#7 ·
Skull....what a nice guy you are... I totally thought you'd post up something like

"should have traded for my rims.. then you'd have a set of spare redlines"

and I would have had to say...... :getaway:

I did find another identical to my ripped tire in PA... same treadwear and everything... God bless the internet. Of course I'm takin a gamble that I don't blowout in the next two days..... :hide:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.