: license Plates

Suprspdway
05-06-09, 09:38 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum...

We own a 2007 SRX with the Driver/Premium package in Pearl White.

It was purchased without front tags or a front mount. I hate the idea of defacing this car with a plate, but my wife has now had 2 warnings to get a front licenseplate installed.

Are there any aftermarket ideas that will allow us to have a front plate with out drilling into and defaceing the front end of our beautifull Car?

I have heard that there are "spring loaded" devices that can be mounted under the front end of the car and that with the use of a cable, or a remote device, the plate and bracket can "spring into place" on demand, and then can be manually pushed back under the front end to conceal it again?

Any ideas? I need to make a decision very soon...

thanks

carguy2009
05-07-09, 01:27 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum...

We own a 2007 SRX with the Driver/Premium package in Pearl White.

It was purchased without front tags or a front mount. I hate the idea of defacing this car with a plate, but my wife has now had 2 warnings to get a front licenseplate installed.

Are there any aftermarket ideas that will allow us to have a front plate with out drilling into and defaceing the front end of our beautifull Car?

I have heard that there are "spring loaded" devices that can be mounted under the front end of the car and that with the use of a cable, or a remote device, the plate and bracket can "spring into place" on demand, and then can be manually pushed back under the front end to conceal it again?

Any ideas? I need to make a decision very soon...

thanks
As I understand a flip down front bracket is made for the Corvette, it has to be moved up or down manually - no cable. Don't know if it fits the SRX.

Infrared in Idaho
05-07-09, 10:44 PM
Here's an idea. How about putting it in the passenger sun visor and drive with the passenger visor folded down towards the windshield? I believe in most states the front plate (if required) must be visible from the front, don't think they mention were it has to be mounted.

jwoodie
05-09-09, 07:40 PM
Just keep it in the car with the mounting hardware and tell the tax collector that you couldn't figure out how to mount it. Should only get you a warning!:thumbsup:

z06bigbird
05-14-09, 12:58 AM
Just keep it in the car with the mounting hardware and tell the tax collector that you couldn't figure out how to mount it. Should only get you a warning!:thumbsup:

Now, if you were a dealer, I would forgive you for suggesting a lie--cause, as a dealer, that is part of your job to lie. But if you are a customer/driver, it is not your job to lie.

BTW, I think as many customers lie (maybe even more) than dealers. LOL