: Front Wheel Bearing...defective??

Caper10
05-05-09, 04:35 PM
Had my SRX in last week for motor vehicle inspection. Needed left outer tie rod, brake pads all around and rt front wheel bearing. Replaced all the parts today and the bearing still sounds like i"m driving a John Deer. Bearing is noisy till I make a left turn, which supposedly side loads the rt bearing and reduces the noise. The wheel bearing is a GM part directly from the dealer. Has anyone had defective bearings? Hate to have to replace the left one as well. Also the bearing noise was there with my snow tires. I removed the snows and put 2 new cooper's on the front and my RSa's on the rear.
Thanks
Mike

BanditRider
05-05-09, 08:36 PM
My right front wheel bearing needed to be replaced for my inspection last week too. Although I never heard any noise from it. He did show me how sloppy it was. New part was $368.15 with $72 for labor.

Caper10
05-05-09, 11:16 PM
My right front wheel bearing needed to be replaced for my inspection last week too. Although I never heard any noise from it. He did show me how sloppy it was. New part was $368.15 with $72 for labor.

Mine was noisy and he showed me play in it also. I paid 298 for the part and installed it myself. But its still noisy.

louisn
05-06-09, 09:27 AM
My right front bearing bearing was replaced too. Noisy after 25,000 miles. Mife wife caught the problem.. Her car. I didn't even notice it. I compliment her on that periodically since she was just barely w/i warranty limits

Caper10
05-08-09, 08:33 PM
Turns out the right bearing was also gone. Ordered another from the dealer and installed it this morning. This one was really bad, when i removed it it came out in two pieces. Had it in for amn alignment this after noon...just like a new one now.