: UUC 1 piece slotted and drilled and slotted rotors are here

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-05-09, 10:33 AM
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/CTS-V_rotors/

slotted $275.00 per pair
drilled and slotted $285.00 per pair (plus shipping)

these are "mirror" images of each other (in other words their is a left and right)

give me a call to get them on the way.

The Tony Show
05-05-09, 10:37 AM
Shiny. :cool:

zie
05-05-09, 10:54 AM
How bout just drilled?
I don't want slotted.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-05-09, 11:00 AM
How bout just drilled?
I don't want slotted.

Did not get UUC to make just drilled because I sell the GM performance drilled rotors already. they are $295.00 per pair

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-05-09, 12:06 PM
So we don't have to paint ourselves to match, are there going to be different hat colors available for the two-piece fronts and one-piece rears?

perfect
05-05-09, 12:22 PM
Are the all-black ones available as well?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-05-09, 12:23 PM
Are the all-black ones available as well?

Sorry, I should have adressed the black ones in the pics. it is just a extra protective coating (for shipping) that will wear off after the fist few stops

perfect
05-05-09, 12:43 PM
bummer, I am in the process of blacking out my silver V, most importantly the wheels

but having giant shiny chrome rotors sticking out behind the wheels kinda ruins the look for me.

oh well, thanks anyway!

The Tony Show
05-05-09, 01:20 PM
bummer, I am in the process of blacking out my silver V, most importantly the wheels

but having giant shiny chrome rotors sticking out behind the wheels kinda ruins the look for me.

oh well, thanks anyway!

Umm......all brake rotors will be shiny.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-05-09, 01:51 PM
Get some carbon ceramic rotors. They aren't as shiny. :)

JD03Cobra
05-05-09, 01:57 PM
Any advantage with the UUC over the Performance GM Drilled?

ctsv154
05-05-09, 02:00 PM
They come slotted only which is better than drilled for track.

JD03Cobra
05-05-09, 02:07 PM
They come slotted only which is better than drilled for track.

Aside from the obvious, is there a quality difference?

perfect
05-05-09, 02:39 PM
Umm......all brake rotors will be shiny.

not if they were black :hmm:

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-05-09, 02:54 PM
Aside from the obvious, is there a quality difference?

These are on par quality wise with the stock or gm drilled. they are NOT inexpensive imported blanks, they are from a north american source.

JD03Cobra
05-05-09, 03:10 PM
These are on par quality wise with the stock or gm drilled. they are NOT inexpensive imported blanks, they are from a north american source.

Cool, thanks Luke! I will be buying a set of rotors in the next 4-6 weeks from you.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-08-09, 08:36 AM
weekend bump

BacDoc
05-19-09, 09:03 AM
Luke, the Hawk HPS a good pad to run with these? Can I get a package price? :)

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-19-09, 01:46 PM
WIth front and rear HPS $785.00 for drilled and slotted or $765.00 for slotted only

BacDoc
05-19-09, 09:30 PM
That's not bad.

Got your message call me when you get them in. I want the pads and slotted fronts.

BacDoc
05-21-09, 03:02 PM
Thanks Luke!

If you haven't had the pleasure of ordering from this guy do so soon. Great service and pricing. A++++

I'll post pics of my setup when I get them .

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-22-09, 03:34 PM
wEEKEND BUMP!!

Luke--703-824-9670
LBUTLER@LINDSAYCADILLAC.COM

BacDoc
05-27-09, 04:41 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/BacDoc/UCC.jpg

Thanks Luke!

SFBayV
05-27-09, 08:18 PM
I received a set of four slotted and drilled rotors from Luke just last week and got them installed on Saturday, although I have no photos as of yet. Very nice product! Thanks Luke.

BacDoc
05-27-09, 08:35 PM
Do I need a hex tool for that screw in the rotor?

SFBayV
05-27-09, 08:44 PM
It's a T30 Torx head. I wouldn't use an allen/hex wrench on it.

BacDoc
05-27-09, 09:03 PM
I had to go out and get a T30. :unamused:

SFBayV
05-27-09, 09:13 PM
It's a pretty straight forward job. Just be careful when removing the rears. If the old rotors are a little snug, don't force them straight off. Put the trans in neutral and then try pulling the rotor while simultaneously rotating it. That way you won't accidentally force the parking brake shoe off along with the rotor.

BacDoc
05-27-09, 09:15 PM
Well here's to cheap tools and a pain in the ass hex screw. It's so tight it warpped my T30. Never fails.

Pain in that ass holding the rotor and trying to unscrew that worthless pos.

SFBayV
05-27-09, 09:19 PM
It really shouldn't be that tight. Someone may have had the rotors off prior and used a thread locker on the screw.

BacDoc
05-27-09, 09:21 PM
Well I've coated it down and it's starting to strip. I'm about to drill that ****er out.

BacDoc
05-27-09, 10:21 PM
So which is Left and Right? Not labeled and I'm seeing different directions for UUC.

In post #23 thats the back of one, which is it? Left or right? I'm assuming that's the passenger side.

rjoffe
05-27-09, 10:27 PM
Heh, mine fell out all by itself, Luke has got one on hold for me, I just need to get down there to pick it up.

BacDoc
05-28-09, 12:29 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/BacDoc/DSCF5021.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/BacDoc/DSCF5024.jpg

SFBayV
05-28-09, 11:12 AM
So which is Left and Right? Not labeled and I'm seeing different directions for UUC.

In post #23 thats the back of one, which is it? Left or right? I'm assuming that's the passenger side.

I wondered the same thing since there weren't any labels or indicators differentiating left from right. From your photo, it looks to be the side that I used as the driver's side. I'd thought about it and I figured that having the rotors oriented so that the slots and holes sweep towards the outside would work best, particularly since that will also be the direction of centrifugal force.

BacDoc
05-28-09, 11:14 AM
That's the drivers side pictured. To me the slots look backwards but that's the way they are supposed to be I guess.

SFBayV
05-28-09, 11:32 AM
I installed mine like this. The front of the car is facing left in the photos.50183

deedubb
05-28-09, 11:37 AM
I think BacDoc got it right
http://www.racingbrake.com/v/images/disc_rotation.jpg

SFBayV
05-28-09, 11:48 AM
I went with the same orientation as soundexp did with the 2-piece rotors.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/169308-uuc-rotors-installed.html

I'll check with Luke. I may have some work to do this weekend.......

BacDoc
05-28-09, 12:01 PM
I think slots and drilled face different directions.

SFBayV
05-28-09, 12:11 PM
I've just gotten off of the phone with Luke. He's looked at the photos and he's also just spoken with UUC. UUC says the way that I have them installed is the way that he would install them. I'm not certain, but this may have to do with internal vane rotation. Either way, according to UUC, the way that I have them installed is correct. The opposite way should work fine as well.

BacDoc
05-28-09, 02:01 PM
Really. I wonder if it's different for the 1 piece slotted vs your 2 piece drilled? Because they are suggesting different from just about every source I've seen.

SFBayV
05-28-09, 02:10 PM
I don't know. It makes sense that the rotational direction is dependent on the internal as well as external design of the rotors. Basically, how they were engineered. I know of a few local Porches that have them oriented factory stock the way that I have mine installed. But several Ferrari's that I know of have them just the opposite factory stock. At this point, I'm going to stick with how UUC says they should be mounted.

atdeneve
05-29-09, 09:38 AM
Depending on who you speak with, it seems there are a couple different opinions out there.

As far as the slots are concerned, I'd say go with whichever explanation you feel comfortable with. From those whom I spoke with, I initially gathered that the slots were angled rearward to sling out pad dust/material in a centrifugal fashion. I found out from a earlier thread, however, that it seems that the slot angle is a bit arbitrary between manufacturers. Some will suggest the rearward angle for the centrifugal 'slinging out' effect. Others advise the forward angle, perhaps, for the slots to 'cut into' the pad material, which, I presume, would also further increase the rate of pad wear - which slots, in and of themselves, already accelerate so, personally, given a choice, I'd choose the rearward angle.

The internal vanes, however, are not as arbitrary and should be correctly oriented, if the vanes are directional. So, I'd check the vanes first and install the rotors according to their orientation. If the vanes are not oriented, then install the slots oriented to your liking (unless the manufacturer has a recommended install orientation).

BacDoc
05-29-09, 09:47 AM
I called Rob at UUC, internal vanes are most important for cooling. And from what I can tell I have mine on correct as the vanes point rearward. I'm taking a wheel off tonite to check again because I'm doing a track day tomorrow.

SFBayV
05-29-09, 10:56 AM
The thing that I find interesting is that if the design of these rotors is direction-critical, why are there no instructions or labeling identifying left/right orientation? It certainly would eliminate guess work and speculation on the part of the user. Please post your findings.

BacDoc
05-29-09, 12:36 PM
How much brake fluid does the V have in the system if I were to switch it out?

SFBayV
05-29-09, 02:13 PM
These photos are from the UUC website. Can anyone determine if the vanes are directional? It appears that they're evenly spaced so that there's airflow throughout the rotor as opposed to actual vanes that would be directing airflow inward to the center of the rotor. What do you guys think?

BacDoc
05-29-09, 02:47 PM
Tough to tell but they don't look directional, maybe vertical style?

SFBayV
05-29-09, 02:54 PM
That's what I was thinking. They appear to expel gas and debris straight out. That could be how the stock rotors are, but I'll have to look at my old ones to be certain. If that's the case, then it probably doesn't matter which way the rotors are oriented. Either way should work just fine.

BacDoc
05-29-09, 03:00 PM
Unless your racing often or doing a lot of heavy braking I don't think it matter which way they are.

atdeneve
06-03-09, 09:35 AM
Yeah, those are pillars or disconnected straight vanes (i.e., non-directional), like the stockers and the GM accessory cross drilled. So, orientation doesn't matter, as far as air circulation is concerned.

BacDoc
06-03-09, 09:50 AM
Yeah, those are pillars or disconnected straight vanes (i.e., non-directional), like the stockers and the GM accessory cross drilled. So, orientation doesn't matter, as far as air circulation is concerned.

Yip. I forgot to update but as far as I can tell they are not directional and neither were the stockers. There are two sets of internal vanes on both.

Autocrossed last weekend at an airport coarse (nice and long) and these rotors with HPS pads were a non issue. :)

justin311
06-13-09, 04:41 PM
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/jmj311/IMG00107.jpg
Rear Drivers Side

SFBayV
06-16-09, 07:54 PM
I hope that I'm not violating any rules by using the image originally posted by someone else, but this one is is of NormV's car. Driver side front.

jpoole
06-18-09, 02:15 PM
Just got my UUC drilled and slotted rotors with some Hawk pads from Luke. Very happy. The rotors looked great and are a very high quality part. Thanks Luke for getting these out to me so fast.

JP

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3382/3638374021_0067045a7c_o.jpg