: So m V is at the dealer again

liqidvenom
05-04-09, 11:51 PM
My car had been drinking coolant almost as badly as it was gas so i took it back by the dealership to have them look at it ( they said it was a leaky water pump)

after I get it back I install the pinon brace and w4m tune.

but on a off note they gave me a 09 cts 3.6 di awd. I must say this is one of the best vehicles i have driven... and oddly enough it feels like it steers like the v and had the same firm qualities of the 1st gen v chassis. a very fun car to drive.

i kinda wonder how the 09v must feel

perfect
05-05-09, 01:13 AM
my car was drinking coolant too and the dealer said it was the water pump

they also quoted me $1100 to fix it...

How much are you paying? Did the dealer do a pressure test and actually see the water pump leaking? After telling me they "knew" it was the water pump the technician who worked on my car said they didn't actually see a leak after 2 hours of a pressure test, but only saw coolant pooled near or around the pump so they just assumed.

That was when it was still pretty cold out and I decided to hold off the major repair. Over 1k miles and a few months later (plus the extra heat from spring time) and I haven't lost any coolant at all...

liqidvenom
05-05-09, 01:24 AM
i have an aftermarket warranty so im only out 100 bucks when ever my car goes to a dealership for a repair.

Albertan
05-05-09, 02:05 AM
I just finished changing a water pump in my wife's CTS 3.6. It would run for a long time then on a warm day I'd get a pool of water. Finally I actually saw a drop fall from the water pump. I had been chasing this for a long time. When it is a small leak it is difficult to pin down. Better if it is just gushing out then there is no guessing. Well better go and finish cleaning out the garage...

liqidvenom
05-05-09, 02:19 AM
funny thing mine never dropped even on bit on the ground

MIKEC
05-05-09, 05:27 AM
hey liquidvenom if you don't mine me asking what is the name of the warranty co. you have? my factory warranty ended on april 1st and wouldn't you know it my starter goes out on apr 29th. then service tech advise that both of my front motor mounts were broken total 1537.00

commander112
05-05-09, 08:02 AM
hey liquidvenom if you don't mine me asking what is the name of the warranty co. you have? my factory warranty ended on april 1st and wouldn't you know it my starter goes out on apr 29th. then service tech advise that both of my front motor mounts were broken total 1537.00

Stay away from Usfidelis!!! Many state attorney general's are looking closely at the company. The morning radio show I listen to says they are getting numberous calls every week about this company.

liqidvenom
05-05-09, 10:44 AM

the one I use is a gmac company called repair advantage. I take my car in and the most I am out of is 100 bucks.

so far they replaced my diff when it had a leaky seal and now this since Feb. All in all i think its around 2300 for about 3yrs/36k and since the diff work was 2500 or so i already made out ahead.

you can try calling them at 18004353381 to see hwo you can sign up

CtsVrod
05-05-09, 01:00 PM
My V when it for Drinkin Coolant, Of Course I got the Water Pump Line, but it ended up being the Radiator... Lucky for me they just replaced both.

Never noticed any coolant on the ground either??

AG'S-V
05-05-09, 02:45 PM
Mine has had the radiator replaced under factory warranty for the same issue...

ahahnu
05-05-09, 06:30 PM
i kinda wonder how the 09v must feel It is a freaght train. Just keeps pulling.

I had a leak as well. Thought it was the radiator. After picking the car back up, while gasing up I saw steam from under the hood. Realized where it was coming from and had the pump done as well.

MauiV
05-05-09, 06:56 PM
Mine just got a radiator replace a couple of months ago, Check Coolant Level message came on this week. Im suspecting water pump now, Extended Warrenty runs out in Dec.