: New cold air intake,Without the cutting?

1-2-N-V
05-04-09, 12:24 PM
Has anyone used or heard about a custom air intake system without the cutting of the bottom. I would assume that water could splash up there and soak the filter. I try not to drive in the rain BUT...
Lingenfelter & Hennessey have what seems to be a nice looking tube but what about the rest of it? Maybe Any K&N filter with ducting to the Brake inlets for some forced cold air? What's the gonna be the final config?

Razorecko
05-04-09, 12:37 PM
I like volant intake systems because of the materials and because of the design. They usually incorporate water protection w/ cai properities in their designs

wait4me
05-04-09, 12:38 PM
I have some Custom maf housing coming very shortly then i will have a full system available for less than 400 dollars including a HUGE filter. I made it so that my original cold air inlet stuff will be an upgrade to this new setup so everyone can just pay the difference in cost for the upgrade without spending the whole difference. :)

1-2-N-V
05-04-09, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys, Jesse you are the man. I sent your payment yesterday and I patiently await for your tune to come in the mail. I will wait also for your CAI

Razorecko
05-04-09, 01:45 PM
I talked to Volant and here is their reply...

Thanks for your kind words and your business.
We do have a CTS but not a CTS-V at this time. The CTS is scheduled for launch in June – the V model we have no ETA on until we get a car to R&D
Have a great day !!!

Danny Moniz
COO / Vice President
9255 Archibald Ave
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca 91730
www.volant.com / www.volantpowercore.com
909-476-7225 x237
Cell 714-721-7293

Its the same with most of the companies - they need a car for R&D...

jimbo1320
05-04-09, 11:57 PM
Mine, heres mine, take it make it fast.

musclesbmf
05-05-09, 01:07 PM
W4M always coming up with solutions for us. That is awesome!! Can't wait to replace the stock airbox with custom MAF housing and large conical filter. The whine on the supercharger should be even better then. And the "sucking" cound from the intake should be nice and loud. SWEET!! What is the ETA? Also, what about the new supercharger crank pulley assembly?

Thanks,
Mark