: FINALLY got a set of accessory wheels

Jon
05-03-09, 11:28 PM
Well after looking for a couple years, I finally picked up a set. Spent 5 hours in the car to get them home. I like my stockers better, but couldn't pass these up for $700. Sooo, I think I'll mount my second set of r-compounds on them. I now have 4 sets of wheels for this car. :bonkers: I think I've gone overboard LOL.

ahahnu
05-03-09, 11:33 PM
I now have 4 sets of wheels for this car. I think I've gone overboardyes.

$700 for all four? Nice, are they in good shape?

shadybx7
05-04-09, 12:35 AM
great deal!! im jealous

Pic? come on! if your the original picture whore you have really dropped off your game:duck:

04vman
05-04-09, 12:51 AM
If you ever feel like getting rid of one of those 4 sets, pm me

Jon
05-04-09, 02:23 AM
yes.

$700 for all four? Nice, are they in good shape?

Great shape. A little dirty on the inside but they'll be cleaned up tomorrow.

great deal!! im jealous

Pic? come on! if your the original picture whore you have really dropped off your game:duck:

lol I need to clean them up first.

If you ever feel like getting rid of one of those 4 sets, pm me

I've got 2 sets of r-compounds and a set for the street. I'm selling my Mille Miglias with Blizzaks, but I already have a pending deal for $1800 CAD.

SLPR 6.0L
05-04-09, 09:55 AM
You got a good deal. Not only do they look good, but they are 2.5 to 3 lbs lighter than the stockers. I would also recomend Hawk pads from Lindsey, if you want to keep the brake dust off

Jon
05-04-09, 11:59 AM
You got a good deal. Not only do they look good, but they are 2.5 to 3 lbs lighter than the stockers. I would also recomend Hawk pads from Lindsey, if you want to keep the brake dust off
I have the Hawk HPS. Good for brake dust but not good on the track.

shadybx7
05-04-09, 12:07 PM
I have the Hawk HPS. Good for brake dust but not good on the track.

why whats wrong with um? do they have less stopping power then stock? I heard that they were the same as stock but less dust:hmm:

Jon
05-04-09, 08:14 PM
why whats wrong with um? do they have less stopping power then stock? I heard that they were the same as stock but less dust:hmm:
Noooo.. The stock pads have much more bite from my experience.

YoshiV
05-04-09, 09:01 PM
Just be prepared to refinish them. I have two sets, one set is primed and ready for paint and the other...well they look like crap because where ever hot brake dust hits them the clear coat comes right off destroying the finish.

silver02stang
05-04-09, 09:07 PM
Just be prepared to refinish them. I have two sets, one set is primed and ready for paint and the other...well they look like crap because where ever hot brake dust hits them the clear coat comes right off destroying the finish.

clear coat?... what clear coat?

YoshiV
05-04-09, 09:21 PM
clear coat?... what clear coat?

Oh..don't worry its there waiting to come off. The accessory wheels have the cheapest chrome job on the planet...my local media blaster had zero problems stripping the first set for me...it's not like real chrome thats chemically bonded to the metal, probably some environmentally safe spray on stuff that's cheaper.

atdeneve
05-05-09, 02:23 AM
Accessory wheels are not chrome. They are polished wheels.

AAIIIC
05-05-09, 03:20 AM
What he said ^^^^. Definitely polished, not chrome. You can even see where the polishing is somewhat incomplete on the sides of the spokes. And they have to be clear-coated, otherwise that polished aluminum would oxidize in short order.