: HP rating from a sticker

Radiogareth
05-03-09, 05:59 PM
Hi, after years of looking over here in London UK I've bought myself a 2000 N* with 21,000 on it - $800:) Came out of a side swiped wreck. I've got the Siemens ECU and loom and am wondering what hp the engine was rated at?

It's got a conventional throttle body (not a flybywire), fixed cam timing (only 1 cam position sensor), a water cooled alternator and COP ignition.

On the RH cyclinder head front (the engine is out of the car) is a plastic sticker with 10JLAL20691011 then underneath 12559211.

Does this help ID the engine?

It's going in a car - Merkur Scorpio probably - but over here the top of the range one is fully loaded and leather, so whilst not exactly Caddy it would at least make the right noises....and go rather better than stock:bouncy:

Going to need a RWD transmission (Cadillac Hot Rod Fabricators have some tips) and I'm hoping to migrate to a Megasquirt as I've used them on other engines before with good results. N* has got two crank sensors though....manual on DVD on order from this forum.

Thanks for any help or comments....

Gareth

Ranger
05-03-09, 08:31 PM
2000 was the first year for COP ignition. Water cooled alternator was only used for 2-3 years. It is either 275 or 300 HP, but I can't tell from those numbers.

tateos
05-04-09, 12:41 PM
I had 2 Merkurs - an '86 and an '88 - both Xr4ti s - pretty good cars, but terrible in the snow, even with 4 snow tires.

Oh, sorry, but I can't help with the engine ID