: April 2009 Cadillac Deliveries

Lifer
05-03-09, 04:22 PM

This should be interesting.

mbnv992
05-03-09, 07:03 PM
WOW, only 711 STS's delivered last month ? Uh oh. This does not look too good :(

DBeaSST
05-04-09, 09:51 AM
STS deliveries have been way below 1k/month for some time now. GM doesn't advertise it at all. On top of that, it's the most expensive car Caddy has yet it doesn't have features available in the other sedans.

I personally like the STS over the other two but more cost for fewer options doesn't make sense to me.

lreddiablo
05-04-09, 04:22 PM
Prob is they just gave up on the STS with the '08 design with only some cosmetic BS unlike the CTS. Wish they would have put some effort into a complete overhaul of the STS too. Imagine the power of a comperable STS-V to the new CTS-V design!

mbnv992
05-04-09, 05:05 PM
Prob is they just gave up on the STS with the '08 design with only some cosmetic BS unlike the CTS. Wish they would have put some effort into a complete overhaul of the STS too. Imagine the power of a comperable STS-V to the new CTS-V design!

Yes, I was thinking the same thing as well, with a new STS-V. With more/equal HP to the new CTS-V to compete with cars with more hp. in a larger class. I think GM just let the STS die. My car when I bought it new in 2007 cost $54,000 (sticker price), and it does NOT have: a GPS, HUD, HID lights, etc. etc. For that price, and what other cars (BMW, etc.) DOES offer, it's no wonder people look elsewhere.

caddycraig80
05-04-09, 05:13 PM
Yes, I was thinking the same thing as well, with a new STS-V. With more/equal HP to the new CTS-V to compete with cars with more hp. in a larger class. I think GM just let the STS die. My car when I bought it new in 2007 cost $54,000 (sticker price), and it does NOT have: a GPS, HUD, HID lights, etc. etc. For that price, and what other cars (BMW, etc.) DOES offer, it's no wonder people look elsewhere.

The sticker on mine when it was new was $103 (Canadian) which is crazy...I will NEVER buy new!

Jesda
05-05-09, 08:19 AM
GM's broke.

next2pool
05-05-09, 09:24 AM
The next STS was going to be combined with the new DTS (which is still on the old G body) but I suspect that has been set back a bit based on the current situation.

Lifer
05-05-09, 10:07 AM
GM's broke.

You know what they say - "As GM goes, so goes the nation." And with Obama's help, it will come to pass. :stirpot:

lreddiablo
05-05-09, 04:12 PM
Hope the new model has a shorl and long wheel-base, dont like the size of a DTS, too big!

next2pool
05-05-09, 11:21 PM
A couple of months ago I had the chance to drive the Chinese STS--DVD screens in the headrests, clear tailights with amber turn signals, and stretched wheelbase--it's the one we want here for ***** sakes!!

mbnv992
05-05-09, 11:26 PM
A couple of months ago I had the chance to drive the Chinese STS--DVD screens in the headrests, clear tailights with amber turn signals, and stretched wheelbase--it's the one we want here for ***** sakes!!

The SLS ?
That would be simply GREAT if they made an SLS here in the US again. But, with the discontinuation of the STS/DTS next year, it will probably never happen. I can't wait to see what GM will have to replace the STS. If I like the new design, and they incorporate a "V" model in the year after (like they did to the STS), then I'll buy it in a heartbeat !

DBeaSST
05-06-09, 08:10 AM
What scares me is the possibility that the CTS may become Caddy's "large" car. With the new CAFE regs the gov't is shoving down our throats manufacturers are being forced to downsize.

With the death of the Town Car, Lincoln's largest car is the MKS which is just barely larger than the CTS and has just about the same front seat interior dimensions.

stevenriz
05-06-09, 12:40 PM
you guys are scaring me. Finally I get my STS, granted, a little older yes... I love it and hope they continue to make a good mid-large car, other then the CTS. which is sort of cool looking but it seems to be a fad at this point.

Dadollac1
05-06-09, 02:15 PM
Well now who cares?
You have yours and I have mines so what now???:cookoo:

GarryW
05-06-09, 03:43 PM
Ok, it's my fault! I drove Pontiac Bonneville's for 15 years, all fully loaded SSEi's. Then they stop making them, so I turn to an STS as it's practically the same size car, just cost more, a lot more! My 2205 was good , but my 2008 AWD is so much better. So now I now when my 2008 comes up for lease in 2010, no more STS??!!! Sorry guys, it just seems to me I guess :(

next2pool
05-06-09, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. Powertrain technology is advancing pretty quickly so I think it can keep ahead of the game without downsizing the entire fleet.

EChas3
05-06-09, 07:36 PM
Face it. Washington isn't going to let us choose the cars we want. Car companies & their workers are all going to suffer and we will need to drive older cars & keep them in good repair to have what we want.

turnne
05-08-09, 07:09 AM
Face it. Washington isn't going to let us choose the cars we want. Car companies & their workers are all going to suffer and we will need to drive older cars & keep them in good repair to have what we want.

huh?

what does Washington have to do with what's selling?
Based on those numbers it seems that the public is making the decision
And based on those numbers it looks like GM should be discountinuing some models...quickly

There are still plenty of V8 full size sedans out there...lexus..Audi..Mercedes..BMW

They will be around for quite a while I bet

Warren

turnne
05-08-09, 07:12 AM
You know what they say - "As GM goes, so goes the nation." And with Obama's help, it will come to pass. :stirpot:

who says that?

The word I hear is that the government should have never given them a dime...they made bad products and decisions for too many years
and they are "throwing good money after bad"
Then the same group says the other car makers will take up the slack....the strongest of the group Toyota, to have a big surge I would assume

Warren

Lifer
05-08-09, 10:09 AM
The following was as of 3/30/2009

Happy Trails.

EChas3
05-08-09, 11:04 PM
huh?

what does Washington have to do with what's selling?
Based on those numbers it seems that the public is making the decision
And based on those numbers it looks like GM should be discountinuing some models...quickly

There are still plenty of V8 full size sedans out there...lexus..Audi..Mercedes..BMW

They will be around for quite a while I bet

Warren

I hope you're right. But when you consider that elected/appointed idealists fired GM's CEO don't you think its about control? Add in ignorant energy policy and the picture isn't fuzzy. Ethanol is a lousy fuel and aggrevates 'climate change' (if you believe that nonsense). Don't you think gas guzzler taxes are nothing compared to the effect of Cap & Trade?

I want to be wrong but history repeats itself. We are in for a rough ride. Enjoy what you can now.:alchi:

bbshriver
05-11-09, 03:50 PM
That's an old quote. A GM CEO was asked to be Eisenhower's SecDef, and during congressional hearings was asked if he would be able to do what's best for the country not what's best for GM his reply was that what is good for GM is good for the country so it is the same thing.

Not all that long ago (I believe 1970's?) 1 in 6 people in the US worked for GM either directly or indirectly (GM, suppliers, dealers, etc), so this probably wasn't that far off. Last I checked the automotive industry is still the biggest industry in the US, allowing it to fail would be disastrous. Of course stringing it along on government funding may not prove to be much better, especially since Washington now thinks they're allowed to run things. Look at the TVA for an example of government management... most utilities could manage record profits, while the TVA racked up $29billion in debt (this was a few years ago, not sure if it's still the case?).

who says that?

The word I hear is that the government should have never given them a dime...they made bad products and decisions for too many years
and they are "throwing good money after bad"
Then the same group says the other car makers will take up the slack....the strongest of the group Toyota, to have a big surge I would assume

Warren

EChas3
05-11-09, 08:03 PM
What's the bigger industry, government or healthcare? GM is small potatoes nowadays.

Lifer
05-12-09, 11:26 AM
What's the bigger industry, government or healthcare? GM is small potatoes nowadays.
See this article. The Goverment is not small anything, and King Obmama is making headway on making his fiefdom bigger. :stirpot:

Econwatch
May 12, 2009 3:06 AM
It's A Good Time To Work For Uncle Sam
Posted by Declan McCullagh | Comments 55

President Obama's call last year for "shared sacrifice" doesn't extend to federal employees, at least based on the details of his administration's 2010 budget released this week.

At a time when the official unemployment rate is nearing double digits, and 6.35 million people are receiving unemployment benefits, the U.S. government is on a hiring binge.

Executive branch employment 1.98 million in 2009, excluding the Postal Service and the Defense Department is set to increase by 15.6 percent for the 2010 fiscal year. Most of that is thanks to the Census Bureau hiring 102,000 temporary workers, but not counting them still yields a net increase of 2 percent in one year.

There's little belt-tightening in evidence in Washington, D.C.: Counting benefits, the average pay per federal worker will leap from $72,800 in 2008 to $75,419 next year.

Meanwhile, according to Forbes' layoff tracker, there have been 558,087 layoffs since November 2008 at large public companies; even local school districts aren't immune. That's just a sliver of the total unemployed, which government data estimate to be 8.6 percent of the workforce, or an alternate method of reckoning that counts discouraged workers puts at 20 percent.

Some of the Feds' hiring increases have been stunning. If you look at the four-year period from 2006 to 2010, the number of Homeland Security employees has grown by 22 percent, the Justice Department has increased by 15 percent, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission can claim 25 percent more employees. (These figures assume that Congress adopts Mr. Obama's 2010 budget without significant changes.)

A 39-page "dimensions" document accompanying the White House's 1,380-page appendix offers justifications for each new hire. Homeland Security says its new employees will "increase border security." The Agency for International Development wants to improve "the management and stewardship of foreign assistance programs." The Smithsonian Institution wants "additional security guards." And so on.

The final evidence that it's a good time to have a .gov e-mail address? Civilian government employees are set to enjoy a 2 percent raise. Not only are private sector workers are struggling to keep their jobs, but their earnings are stagnating and pay cuts are no longer uncommon.

EChas3
05-12-09, 07:28 PM
Yeah. And they are hiring Acorn as census workers. Any doubts as to the outcome?