: My 2004 V - A.K.A. "Midnight Rider" - Lots 'o pix #1

tweeter81
05-03-09, 12:43 AM
Check out my Photobucket pix...I hope you guys like the look...I wasn't sure it was going to turn out, but after seeing it in person, I can officially say I love how it turned out. It looks so darned aggressive and that is exactly what I wanted. As soon as I get my new rotors and pads installed I will take some more pix of how wide the 295s look and some other details. (which reminds me I need to update my signature - MODS, is there any way to be allowed more text in my signature???)

I will also do a review of the recently installed Wheelhop Kit and the R888s in a few days after using them for a bit.

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww236/tweeter1981/Fort%20Collins%202009/

CadiBlk
05-03-09, 01:27 AM
Looks good.

DisposableHero
05-03-09, 01:52 AM
mods?

tweeter81
05-03-09, 01:57 AM
mods?

I was asking the Forum Moderators a question. Or if you are asking about my mods on my car, see my signature.

DisposableHero
05-03-09, 01:57 AM
I was asking the Forum Moderators a question.

sorry.. i meant.. mod list?

awesome car btw :worship:

tweeter81
05-03-09, 02:08 AM
sorry.. i meant.. mod list?

awesome car btw :worship:

Thanks for the kind words.

I tried to update my sig, but it is not showing up yet.

New mods not listed in my sig are:

Toyo R888 tires (F: 235/35r19 and R: 295/30r19)
561 Wheelhop Kit
Smoked tint on headlights and foglights
Paint on all other exterior lights
Matte Black powdercoat with red pinstripe (also powdercoat) on CCW wheels
Both front grilles powdercoated Matte Black

To be installed in the next few weeks:

Drilled and Slotted OC Autosports Rotors
Hawk HP+ pads (front)
Hawk HPS pads (rear)

CadiBlk
05-03-09, 02:12 AM
ya, i hate it when i have so many mods that the sig won't let me fit em all in there....

liqidvenom
05-03-09, 11:00 AM
very nice car

AlmostAV
05-03-09, 11:16 AM
who did the refinish on the wheels. and what color where they prior?

tweeter81
05-03-09, 12:51 PM
who did the refinish on the wheels. and what color where they prior?

My guys at Dragon Prostreet Engineering subcontracted them to a Powdercoat shop in the Denver area, not sure who. They kinda screwed up on the pinstripe the first time and my shop turned the wheels back and had them re-done, but I think they turned out amazing after all that.

The wheels were polished aluminum before - very hard to keep clean and keep looking halfway decent. I would actually have to pull out the cordless drill with the mothers polishing ball and use metal polish on them to get them to shine, it was a huge PITA. Here is what the car looked like three weeks ago, and how it looks now (notice the tires are both one series lower profile, so a bigger wheelwell gap has opened up. I might try to lower the car another little bit to close that gap, but it is nice now since I have not had one iota of rubbing since putting these fat tires on):

HartmanV
05-03-09, 01:03 PM
Tweeter,
The Red definatley looks good, awesome job on the car, I like it alot!!!
Jason

shadybx7
05-03-09, 02:08 PM
:drool: :drool: your car looks strait up evil

any plans on painting the calipers red? either way it looks sick!

tweeter81
05-03-09, 02:35 PM
:drool: :drool: your car looks strait up evil

any plans on painting the calipers red? either way it looks sick!

Thanks, sir!

Actually my plan is to paint the calipers a deep gold like the STI's and I have red brembo decals to go on, and then clearcoat over everything. But...I am considering going with red on the calipers as well...I just thought the gold (with red brembo decals) would match the colors of the Cadillac crest and the V symbol really well and tie the color scheme together nicely.

heavymetals
05-03-09, 02:42 PM
Looks very nice :thumbsup:

LUVMY04V
05-03-09, 10:06 PM
Wow Show Stopper! I bet it looks even more insane in person. Im sure everyone triple takes when you pull in a gas station :thumbsup:

jnrandall
05-03-09, 10:28 PM
To be installed in the next few weeks:

Drilled and Slotted OC Autosports Rotors

I love mine. Bet you're gonna love yours! :thumbsup:

I love they way people stare at them when I'm waiting for the lights to change.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-03-09, 10:30 PM
Looks good!

Are you going to be tracking your car this summer?

liqidvenom
05-03-09, 10:32 PM
hows the light output from the tinted heads?

tweeter81
05-04-09, 12:18 PM
Looks good!

Are you going to be tracking your car this summer?

I am going to try to hit the road course at least once this season to take advantage of my newfound traction and handling capabilities. I know the R888s probably aren't the best tire for normal street driving, but damn are they fun (and badass looking).

tweeter81
05-04-09, 12:21 PM
hows the light output from the tinted heads?

I would say the output is down about 20% from stock. I was hoping it was going to be a little less restrictive than that, but I think I am going to adjust my driver side light up to match the other side and hopefully that should sent the light a little farther out in front of the car. I do very little night driving, since this car is my weekend toy mostly, so I can put up with the lowered output. If it becomes an issue for me, I can just pull the tint off and be back to stock.

justin311
05-04-09, 12:47 PM
Looks very familiar and sick.
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/jmj311/DSC_0126-1.jpg
I need to paint my lights also. Your car looks really good. :highfive:

shadybx7
05-04-09, 12:52 PM
all these time attack raven V's look great...

liqidvenom
05-04-09, 12:59 PM
I would say the output is down about 20% from stock. I was hoping it was going to be a little less restrictive than that, but I think I am going to adjust my driver side light up to match the other side and hopefully that should sent the light a little farther out in front of the car. I do very little night driving, since this car is my weekend toy mostly, so I can put up with the lowered output. If it becomes an issue for me, I can just pull the tint off and be back to stock.

ohh so your heads are sprayed? you just put a tint film on it like you would windows or something?

justin311
05-04-09, 01:01 PM
qqik4u did the tint thang also

LUVMY04V
05-04-09, 01:08 PM
qqik4u did the tint thang alsoI have the tint sitting in my closet. Havent done it yet but my plan is to install it .... let it dry then take a razor and cut out the inside part and leave the grey area tinted :cool: I think it was worth the 25 bucks for the tint if it does work for sure :highfive:

tweeter81
05-04-09, 02:19 PM
ohh so your heads are sprayed? you just put a tint film on it like you would windows or something?

Yep. I believe it is just like window tint.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-05-09, 03:56 AM
I am going to try to hit the road course at least once this season to take advantage of my newfound traction and handling capabilities. I know the R888s probably aren't the best tire for normal street driving, but damn are they fun (and badass looking).

Oh nice. I'd assume in CO right? I was just at High Plains this past weekend and two weeks before that. Good course. Headed to Pueblo two weeks from now. It would be cool to have a couple Vs at the same event. You'll have to let me know when I plan on going.

qqik4u
05-05-09, 08:16 AM
Guys the film for the lights are not the same as the window tint film. It's more stronger and thicker for durability (I can get the specs for you guys after work), but since I live in a state where they do not pass inspection - I had decided to use film instead of painting them. Of course the paint will not have any lines, but from a small distance and further you cannot tell a difference and the film also protects the glass. I have done this for 3 years now.

tweeter81
05-05-09, 10:21 AM
Oh nice. I'd assume in CO right? I was just at High Plains this past weekend and two weeks before that. Good course. Headed to Pueblo two weeks from now. It would be cool to have a couple Vs at the same event. You'll have to let me know when I plan on going.

Very cool. I really want to try HPR out, but I would definitely do Pueblo again, as that is where I did my full-day HPDE. It would be nice to compare my old lap times (pre-headers, and on street tires) with what I can do now, hopefully a bit faster.

I was also thinking about Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, UT. That track would be perfect for the Vs. I will definitely let you know when I plan to hit up the track, whichever one I decide.

deedubb
05-05-09, 12:04 PM

I'd like to meet up...please keep us in the loop if you decide to meet with some fellow V'ers!

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-05-09, 12:53 PM
Might be too short of notice for you guys, but like I said I'm going to be doing HPDE at the NASA event at Pueblo next weekend (17th). Let me know if you can make it. Around here, that would be awesome to see 3+ Vs out there. Not to mention all of our cars are black (just to varying degrees :) )

Pete's Auto Clinic
05-05-09, 01:35 PM
Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop:

tweeter81
05-05-09, 06:21 PM
Might be too short of notice for you guys, but like I said I'm going to be doing HPDE at the NASA event at Pueblo next weekend (17th). Let me know if you can make it. Around here, that would be awesome to see 3+ Vs out there. Not to mention all of our cars are black (just to varying degrees :) )

I would love to go, but that is just too short of notice for me. I usually need a couple of months notice before I can make a long weekend trip like that (due to my puny amount of vacation days I get with my job). I will keep you updated on what I decide to do and you guys do the same.

tweeter81
05-05-09, 06:21 PM
Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop:

Thanks a lot, brother!!!

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-18-09, 07:52 PM
Just got back from two days at Pueblo last night. Awesome time and people seemed to be pretty impressed by the V (point bys by Corvettes and new M3s are always fun :) ). You CO/WY guys need to get out there next time. It would have been great to have three of us out there. The next NASA event isn't until July back down at Pueblo. Let's go represent. :)

rangerrob
07-04-09, 10:11 AM
tweeter, ever get the rotors on? would love to see some more side view pics, and some rear pics of the 295s!

ahahnu
07-04-09, 02:07 PM
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww236/tweeter1981/Fort%20Collins%202009/FortCollins15.jpg
This is my favorite. Looking good. Still can't believe the town...

stuckey
07-04-09, 03:57 PM
since this thread was brought back. how are the seams on the tint kit for the head lights? How much light did u lose at night with them? where did u purchase the tint? ebay? and was it easy enough to install yourself?

shadybx7
07-04-09, 04:15 PM
I fckin love this car :drool:

tweeter81
07-05-09, 07:19 PM
This is my favorite. Looking good. Still can't believe the town...

I know, that is pretty funny. Thanks, I like that pic too, but I wish I had a better camera and much better photography skills. BTW - I added you as a friend today.

tweeter81
07-05-09, 07:25 PM
since this thread was brought back. how are the seams on the tint kit for the head lights? How much light did u lose at night with them? where did u purchase the tint? ebay? and was it easy enough to install yourself?

The tint film does not cover the whole light housing. When you are 15-20 feet away from the car you can't tell, but any closer and you can see the grey perimeter of the light housing all around the edges of the tint. But I have seen other pre-cut tint that appears to fit better. My stuff was just the cheap $30 crap off of Ebay. I had my speed shop install the tint, and I believe they contracted the job out to their local pro tint guy. I honestly don't know how hard it would be to install yourself, but I could see it being very hard to get it perfect because of the shape of the headlight. Actually my driver side is already peeling and I am going to use some clear gel glue to fix it up...we'll see how that turns out...

As for light output, as I stated before, it seems to cut down on the light by about 25%, so it is fairly significant, but not detrimentally so. I would say that if you do a lot of night driving, then this probably isn't something you should do. But, if you mostly drive during the day with only the occasional night drive out of town, then it would be OK.

tweeter81
07-05-09, 07:32 PM
tweeter, ever get the rotors on? would love to see some more side view pics, and some rear pics of the 295s!

Rob,

I'm way ahead of ya. You must have missed this thread I started awhile back. I hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you have any other ???s. Also, to add to my OC Autosports rotor review. They have been great. I have had to do a couple of serious stops with them and stop like mad. One member (maybe SkullV?) even said that they held up to track day abuse during V Day III, which is extremely awesome. I am thinking of buying another set of these rotors just to have on the shelf for when these get used up. They are a screamin' deal!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/171550-parts-reviews-oc-autosports-rotors-r888s.html

C.J.

tweeter81
07-05-09, 07:34 PM
I fckin love this car :drool:

Me too, haha. j/k. I appreciate that, man!

UnsafeAtAnySpd
07-05-09, 08:01 PM
Come do some HPDE at Pueblo next weekend. :)

tweeter81
07-05-09, 08:25 PM
Come do some HPDE at Pueblo next weekend. :)

Damn you...quit tempting me with Track Days. :) Anyway, I have already completed a HPDE at PMP, but would definitely be down for a full day of open lapping there so I could compare my previous times with new times with all my new mods. (My best lap time @ PMP was 1:50.xx)

Actually I was just discussing this very thing with my girlfriend. She wants to go to Denver and hit up some clubs sometime this summer and I told her that would be great because we could schedule the trip around open lapping days. My first choice, though is going to be High Plains Raceway, since I have never been to that track. If I can't find any good lapping days there, I will definitely try to get down to Pueblo. I will let you know what dates will work for me (or if we go ahead and actually plan the trip) so you can try to meet up with us, that would be awesome! I am itching to try out my R888s on a track, since tearing up road courses is their purpose in life... :lildevil:

UnsafeAtAnySpd
07-05-09, 10:01 PM
Yeah, for sure. HPR has open lapping days all the time, just check their website.