Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Spoiler issues...

919 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Oleksakjr 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a spoiler from an ebay vendor that uses pictures that say cadillacpermormance .net

I paid the extra money for the auction that listed the spoiler as a genuine GM part... however when I brought it to the dealer to have it installed they were like NOPE not a GM part...

The spoiler I got from the auction had no template for install, and nowhere anywhere did it list the GM part number 17801780. It also mounts with two screws at each end, and a ton of tape between. The dealer told me that the factory one is secured by 6 screws.. any truth??

I was wondering if you guys had pics of a spoiler straight from the dealer that show the underside mounting locations. I had a second dealer tell me it was not authentic gm as well

My bed for going to ebay in the first place I guess...

#2 ·
Post pics, someone (maybe myself) may be interested in purchasing from you if you don't want it. What color is it also?

Sorry for your troubles and wish I could help more :(

#4 ·
Well I went to the cadillacfaq and found the spoiler install page... but took a look at how many bolts there were... more than 4! Looks like 6!

I placed the spoiler on top of the decklid and it just doesnt feel right, little spacing issues, overall quality doesnt seem "genuine"
Im not one to usually complain but I spent like 290shipped on it, if I wanted the 80shipped cheapo id have gone that route but i was thinking I was getting the real thing

Its black raven

Thanks

#5 ·
dont know if you can return it or not but luke at lindsay has them for around 330 shipped i believe maybe less and they come painted black or plat. i think

#9 ·
They're basically the same thing when it's mounted. I have the factory spoiler. One of my club members has the one that you have. They look identical when it's mounted. In fact, my factory one needed the new trunk struts. My friend still uses his old factory struts. Maybe it's because he only has 2 bolts and mine has 6. I dunno.

#10 ·
Might've been some confusion in this thread before the pics as to which spoiler you were talking about. The one that's raised in the middle only has four bolts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.