: Uuc 2 piece floating rotor pictures

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-01-09, 05:26 PM
will have a set to test fit early next week and will have stock soon thereafter..
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/CTS-V_floating_rotors/index.html

DisposableHero
05-01-09, 05:29 PM
wow very nice... but blue?

shadybx7
05-01-09, 05:32 PM
wow, those rotors even have "Cadillac CTS-V" printed on them.:shlick: Looks like UUC went all out this time..

How much for a pair of those?

CadiBlk
05-01-09, 05:38 PM
sexual explosion. i may paint my hats blue when i get around to that. 2 piece rotors are a little out of my driving needs, but those look hawt.

814V
05-01-09, 05:49 PM
oh me likey those.. I actually like the blue

deedubb
05-01-09, 06:11 PM
Drool.

LUVMY04V
05-01-09, 06:13 PM
That blue would look good with my red calipers :cool2: V Flag colors ;)

Claimslngr
05-01-09, 06:14 PM
:tongue2::woohoo::rockon::bows::cheer::beavis::dro ol2::party:

That should cover it! Dammmmmmmmm

04vman
05-01-09, 07:47 PM
What is the real performance advantages of two piece rotors vs stock setup?

ctsv154
05-01-09, 07:58 PM
They are lighter. Thats about it.

CadiBlk
05-01-09, 08:03 PM
You can buy the braking surface only and they are cheaper than buying all new rotors. So you pay more up front, but you are trackin like a mofo and replacing rotors, it is a good route.

And if you are a sig mod whore like 154 :bouncy:, you can add Badass UUC 2 Piece Slotted Rotors

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-01-09, 10:23 PM
Don't aluminum hats also help dissipate heat better as well?

ctsv154
05-01-09, 10:28 PM
And if you are a sig mod whore like 154 :bouncy:

Actually that would be Badass UUC 2 Piece Slotted Rotors

And your just jealous! By the way, I have more but they only give me enough room to list the good stuff. I dont have anymore room to list the rotors even if I did get them : (

jweymar
05-01-09, 11:00 PM
Actually that would be Badass UUC 2 Piece Slotted Rotors

And your just jealous! By the way, I have more but they only give me enough room to list the good stuff. I dont have anymore room to list the rotors even if I did get them : (

Such a horrible problem to have!

ctsv154
05-01-09, 11:05 PM
Such a horrible problem to have!

Why yes, yes it is! :cool2:

SoJersey05V
05-02-09, 12:22 AM
def looks like a fine product!! mite have to check into these when it's rotor relacment time.

rangerrob
05-02-09, 04:14 AM
as Borat would say, "VERY NIICE, HOW MUCH?" ... would we have to powdercoat the blue hats? Or can we choose a diff color, i.e. black or silver?

crankedupforit
05-03-09, 10:49 AM
Luke
Will you still dole these out according to the waiting list or is it a first come first served basis? I don't want these bad boys to stock out on me.

LT4POWR
05-03-09, 10:55 AM
I'm not a fan of the blue, but they look great other than that. How much weight savings are we talkin' here?

crankedupforit
05-03-09, 11:02 AM
I'd like to know that as well. I do believe however from what I've read in previous posts, that the real advantage is the ability to disapate heat. The guys who run the V on the track talk about the calipers turning gold from being cooked by brake heat. Even though the brakes are one of the strongest features of the car, these rotors would be a nice upgrade if you drive the car hard for long periods of time.

Cowan480
05-03-09, 11:38 AM
Those are sick!!

Pricing??

nmaier2201
05-03-09, 04:15 PM
i also like the blue... maybe I'll anodize my stockers the same color.... j/k

Naf
05-04-09, 10:32 AM
And for the rear?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-04-09, 11:26 AM
Looks like these are going to be $795.00 per pair. the blue color is UUC's "company" color, thats what they like to use. the advantage to the 2 piece floating design is less unsprung weight and much better heat dissapation. these will only be available for the fronts

nmaier2201
05-04-09, 11:48 AM
Hey Naf! (sorry to threadjack luke but.. ) I thought you said you were sellin your V and were never going to slum it w/ us again! I remember reading some thread of yours stating that... did you change your mind? Did it fall through?

Nice to see you are still lurkin sir!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-05-09, 11:49 AM
Just got the first set and they look great in person. I weighed one to compare it to a stock rotor and it is 7 lbs less (18 vs 25)!! anyone looking to try these for me at a fairly significant discount give me a call (I would prefer to talk price over the phone) 703-824-9670

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-05-09, 12:02 PM
Just got the first set and they look great in person. I weighed one to compare it to a stock rotor and it is 7 lbs less (18 vs 25)!! anyone looking to try these for me at a fairly significant discount give me a call (I would prefer to talk price over the phone) 703-824-9670

Nice! ...Why do I have to be stuck at work? :thepan:

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-05-09, 01:06 PM
THe first set is sold!! should have some feedback on them next week

Cowan480
05-05-09, 01:34 PM

and some picture too !!!

4DoorGTZ
05-05-09, 04:09 PM

Darn, missed it by a few hours.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
07-10-09, 03:46 PM
UUC 2 piece full floating rotors are now in stock. $795.00 plus shipping. call me at 703-824-9670 to order. hear is a note from UUC on the advantage to a 2 piece floating rotor....

Floating rotors from UUC are suitable for street, track, or race use.

The "floating" design separates the central rotor hat from the outer disk friction ring, allowing the disk to expand radially with heat without a rigid connection to the central hat. As the rotor disk runs much hotter than the hat, the normal expansion can occur without distortion. This results in better braking performance and better rotor and pad wear. Additional benefits include lighter weight.

ahahnu
07-12-09, 04:57 PM
It says for the front only, why cant they be used in the back? Won't it look wierd having the fronts 2 piece and the back 1 piece?

darkman
07-12-09, 05:52 PM
It says for the front only, why cant they be used in the back? Won't it look wierd having the fronts 2 piece and the back 1 piece?

The parking/emergency brake hub on the rear prevents the use of the 2-piece design.

Junior1
07-12-09, 07:01 PM
Too bad these weren't in stock last week when I replaced mine with the gm perf ones...I like them a lot but it would make the car seem off a bit. The single piece rear rotors from UUC are black and then the fronts would be 2 piece and blue. It may not look bad in person but I'd have trouble sleeping

Paisan
07-12-09, 09:06 PM
Not to piss on anyone's parade, but they are bling, pure and simple.

For the price of the set at $800, you can buy 4 to 5 sets of Centric 1 piece rotors. The heat dissipation and unsprung weight are very minor factors in the equation.

Now if you are buying them for bling factor or "wow" factor, go right ahead but please don't be led down the path of "they are for better performance" or "they will save you $ in the long run because you only replace the rings".

Otherwise they look like a fine piece of equipment!

-mike

UnsafeAtAnySpd
07-13-09, 05:56 PM
Yep, that's why I picked up a set of 4 2-piece rotors for my race car. I wanted more bling...

SFBayV
07-13-09, 11:58 PM
Not to piss on anyone's parade, but they are bling, pure and simple.

For the price of the set at $800, you can buy 4 to 5 sets of Centric 1 piece rotors. The heat dissipation and unsprung weight are very minor factors in the equation.

Now if you are buying them for bling factor or "wow" factor, go right ahead but please don't be led down the path of "they are for better performance" or "they will save you $ in the long run because you only replace the rings".

Otherwise they look like a fine piece of equipment!

-mike

It's not as pure and simple as you might think. Your comments would be more accurate for vehicles categorized for "street use". Many of our cars see mixed street/track and race usage, in which case performance is the rule not the exception.

darkman
07-14-09, 02:55 PM
UUC 2 piece full floating rotors are now in stock. $795.00 plus shipping. call me at 703-824-9670 to order. hear is a note from UUC on the advantage to a 2 piece floating rotor....

Floating rotors from UUC are suitable for street, track, or race use.

The "floating" design separates the central rotor hat from the outer disk friction ring, allowing the disk to expand radially with heat without a rigid connection to the central hat. As the rotor disk runs much hotter than the hat, the normal expansion can occur without distortion. This results in better braking performance and better rotor and pad wear. Additional benefits include lighter weight.

Out of curiosity, do you know the price of the replacement rotor component of the two-piece rotors?

Paisan
07-14-09, 03:15 PM
I am talking about HPDEing as well. I'm a certified track instructor as well as hold road race liscences.

No one on here "races" their cars on track, perhaps they HPDE them, but I haven't seen any REAL race cars on here.

Sorry but folks who HPDE and/or race just replace the rotors similar to replacing the pads.

However if it makes you feel better about your purchase that you are "racing" your cars and have the bling to go along with it. by all means go for it.

-mike

SFBayV
07-14-09, 09:11 PM
I am talking about HPDEing as well. I'm a certified track instructor as well as hold road race liscences.

No one on here "races" their cars on track, perhaps they HPDE them, but I haven't seen any REAL race cars on here.

Sorry but folks who HPDE and/or race just replace the rotors similar to replacing the pads.

However if it makes you feel better about your purchase that you are "racing" your cars and have the bling to go along with it. by all means go for it.

-mike

To an extent you are correct, however I'm sure that there are those here who would disagree with you. I'm one of them. As far as I'm concerned, bling on a race car is irrelevant. On my street car (V), these would be considered cosmetic components and yes they look great. On one of my EFI big block cars, not so much. On a good friend's highly modified GT2, the big ceramic rotors are absolutely NOT cosmetic items.

I'm not questioning neither you or your credentials, however certifications and licenses aside, if it makes YOU feel better to "piss on someone's parade" as you put it, then I guess you've achieved your purpose. But you didn't need me to point that out to you did you?