: $3k BUDGET+?HP

1-2-N-V
05-01-09, 10:09 AM
Hey Guys, JH, W4M,

I do want to do some upgrades and WFM you have bee an ace here. JH your V700 looks and sounds great. But for us lower budget guys here let say $3000. to spend on the most Bang for the buck. what would be the order of priority to do and rough cost each?

certainly the programming and air intake. Any pulleys out yet? I would love to buy new headers and hi flow cats and i like the sound of the Corsa but it seams that this is still new. Is there a header back install or do i piece it in with AR headers and Cats, or W4M X pipes(got cats?) and Corsa Mufflers? What is the best set up :stirpot: for $2-3K budget?

wait4me
05-01-09, 10:18 AM
3k budget, where are you located? I could throw in a cam, more boost and a tune for that. :)

As for exhaust. I have a 3inch system that goes from the cats to the bumper for only $1000 bucks. It removes ALL the restriction of the stock exhaust system and is still fairly quiet. It is ALOT better flowing than the stock 2 1/2 inch. Also for the price, you just cant beat it. It includes 4 inch tips on the tail.

1-2-N-V
05-01-09, 02:18 PM
Sorry to be redundant about the exhaust. i just responded on the other thread and i should have read this first. So no Mufflers in the kit? I live in NY. Indiana is a bit far for me. For the $2-3 K of course i want to do the obvious gain stuff like the tune. after that i really think maybe the intake and exhaust but i was wondering also about pulleys any work done with these? I don't recall you doing any pulley work. Hennessey i guess has some sort of blower snout pulley. Maybe fabricated? What i am interested in is a basic package 600hp and a all out 700 HP package . What that entails and cost per package. BTW can you clarify What is that "bottom of the air box Mod" not sure what is that? And the TM the ECU, BCU the guys were talking about at the back end of my last post about the ECM or programmers. I really don't know all those abbreviated stuff :hmm: can someone clarify please? Thanks Jesse i will be calling today for your tune as a starter.

Mike

Shankenfelter CTSV
05-02-09, 02:11 AM
3k budget, where are you located? I could throw in a cam, more boost and a tune for that. :)

As for exhaust. I have a 3inch system that goes from the cats to the bumper for only $1000 bucks. It removes ALL the restriction of the stock exhaust system and is still fairly quiet. It is ALOT better flowing than the stock 2 1/2 inch. Also for the price, you just cant beat it. It includes 4 inch tips on the tail.

I like the look of the stock exhaust from the rear. I dont like the bulky corsa mufflers shining behind the exhaust tip. what does your exhaust look like. What about ecu tune? Fill me in..

Thanks
Shank

GMX322V S/C
05-02-09, 06:51 PM
I like the look of the stock exhaust from the rear. I dont like the bulky corsa mufflers shining behind the exhaust tip. what does your exhaust look like. What about ecu tune? Fill me in..

Thanks
ShankIf you don't like the look of bulky mufflers back there, you may like his exhaust:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SC-tS_iQg1o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SC-tS_iQg1o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If I read the dyno graphs he posted over at LS1Tech correctly, the exhaust added around 9 RWHP on top of the tune (20-something by itself) + airbox (20 more with the tune) mods.

RapidRob
05-02-09, 06:53 PM
^^^ I think Jesse is offering a 3" system using the OEM mufflers, and a 3" system with no mufflers, and 4" tails.

Rob