: Recommend Paintless Dent Removal in North Jersey

Slithering_Joe
05-01-09, 12:10 AM
Could any one of you guys recommend to me from personal experience a good paintless dent removal dealer or individual in North Jersey? Around about the Fort Lee-ish area? I just got my first door ding, actually four of them, from my frigg'n neighbor. Black paint shows every sin.

I found this good detailed article on how to remove the interior door panels ( & speaker installation). I prefer to do that in preparation for the ding removal.
http://www.novustechnic.com/cadillac/speaker_web/index.htm

liqidvenom
05-01-09, 01:19 PM
I dont know anything about a paintless ding guy.

but here is the addy of the 24hr hand carwash ( do it yourself type) that you mentioned at the dyno meet.
424 River St
Hackensack, NJ 07601

also my friend owns a body shop he might know of a dent remover kinda guy. his name is molson give him a call 2018356044

Washin
05-01-09, 06:04 PM
Talk to Ken at Dent Techniques 264 S. Broad St. Ridgewood NJ 201-831-9600

He is the best there is. PERIOD Tell him Turbo-Wash Jeff sent you.

c4ss
05-01-09, 11:30 PM
The Caldwell Collision over in West Caldwell has a guy that comes every week or so that is really good at removing them. He took a dent out of my old Mustang GT back in the day and it was like new. Ask for Tommy, he's the owner of the bodyshop, to probably set up an appointment. Hope this helps.

liqidvenom
05-02-09, 12:38 PM
hey joe if you want to get hold of me just call 201-927-7385

i dont use the pms here

Slithering_Joe
05-03-09, 10:22 AM
thanks guys!

SuperVeee
05-04-09, 10:28 AM
I don't have any recommendations for Paintless Dent Removal shops in your area however I highly recommend PDR process.

I have a black '05 V that got pounded by hundreds of acorns in a storm that looked like hail damage. I had hundreds of dents on the hood, fenders, top and trunk. They fixed everything but the hood which is aluminum. Since aluminum has no "memory" they chucked the hood and put a new one on.

The good part is they used No bondo or new paint to fix hundreds of dents my car. :cool2:

shadybx7
05-04-09, 12:53 PM
so the dent in my hood from a branch falling on it during a storm cant be removed....damn

joe, let us know which one you go with and how good a job they do

c4ss
05-04-09, 01:39 PM
Look at all the NJ guys....can we get a god damn meet together already? :alchi:

:wtf3:

shadybx7
05-04-09, 01:45 PM
true story! we need a meet so i can hear a V with an exhaust.. still haven't heard one and i have been on here for a year

JUNE 6th, TTP car show in little falls, NJ! save the date

Slithering_Joe
05-04-09, 02:32 PM
Shady, that sucks about the hood. Did you try checking with another place? Hoods can be tough to fix due to the bracing that can inhibit access to some areas. My sister's car was hit on the hood by a foul ball (softball game) and you would never know it after it was fixed. My dings are minor but the gloss black paint makes it really visible. I already removed the door panel and it was real easy to do. If the shop right near me can't get to it soon, I will be calling one of the ones mentioned above. I'll give an update when it is done.

A June 6th meet is looking good for me so far.

Slithering_Joe
05-07-09, 03:01 PM
Got the car back today. All three dings are gone - just as if they were never there. Looks perfect!! I'm actually amazed. I had it done by Bergen Imports in Cliffside Park. Nice job.

SuperVee: I couldn't imagine if that happened to my car. Years ago we got a bad hail storm. A friend of mine lost count after 80 dings. My other friend had a baseball size hail stone rip through his convertible top and land nicely on the driver's seat. I can't imagine the monotony from pushing all those dents out!!

Thanks again guys for all the references.

SuperVeee
05-07-09, 03:31 PM
Got the car back today. All three dings are gone - just as if they were never there. Looks perfect!! I'm actually amazed. I had it done by Bergen Imports in Cliffside Park. Nice job.

SuperVee: I couldn't imagine if that happened to my car. Years ago we got a bad hail storm. A friend of mine lost count after 80 dings. My other friend had a baseball size hail stone rip through his convertible top and land nicely on the driver's seat. I can't imagine the monotony from pushing all those dents out!!

Thanks again guys for all the references.

Yeah it was a real bitch (most of the $4000 bill) to fix all those dents but it looked great afterward. The best part was no bondo!

I started by dropping at the Cadillac body shop and they wanted to bondo most of my V and I said no!:tisk: I found a local PDR guru that went to the Cadillac shop and did the job after the Cadi guys pulled the airbags and headliner out (the PDR guy didn't want to touch the airbags). There was a lot of cussing on both sides but I got my way and I'm really happy. The result was nothing short of amazing.

I'm glad things worked out for you too!!

FactoryFast
05-08-09, 12:39 AM
Its crazy how many of you guys are relatively close...we need to GTG...

liqidvenom
05-08-09, 01:00 AM
when ever to meet is good for me