Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  uwood 
#1 ·
Greetings all, I've been lurking in this forum for two years now. Finally bought a 2005 CTS-V this morning: Silver, Black interior, 51,000 miles, Certified pre-owned from David Taylor Cadillac in Houston.

Smells nice inside, sounds nasty outside.

So far, I love it.

Thanks to the VIN checkers for humoring my VIN check requests, and for other posters for excellent info about these sweet cars. I'll be around.

Dave

#2 ·
:welcome: Good taste, I have the exact same model:highfive:

Any mods on it? What are your plans for it and did you spring for the extended warranty???

#9 ·
Mods: Stock right now with the exception of a K&N filter. Not sure about what I want to do to it.

It has the CPO warranty until June of 2011, or 50k more miles, so I don't want any mods that might affect that.

I'd like to firm up / notch up the shifter feel, and I would probably like to improve the diff bushing (I did hear the clunk a couple of times today) but I don't know about doing that under warranty.

I want an ipod/USB adaptor at some point.

I think the exhaust sounds great, so I don't think I'll mess with that.

And about the stalking...I just checked, and I actually signed up April 1, 2008. So that makes only a year since I've been reading the forums..is that stalking?

Pics forthcoming.

#11 ·
Congrats! I'm in Houston too with a silver on silver 2005.

I put a USA Spec Ipod interface in mine, whereabouts are you located?

As far as the clunk goes...I know Stewart Caddy is not very mod friendly, not sure about David Taylor. My warranty expires in 2011 as well, not going to really touch it until then.

#15 ·
Congrats on the purchase! If I could change 1 thing with mine it would be to have the blk interior. I have a silver on silver but with chromed stock rims. I love the look but the gray interior shows the creases in the leather to much. I looked for about a year before they came down in price to my range and places like this have been a great source of information. Grats and welcome to the club!

#17 ·
...If I could change 1 thing with mine it would be to have the blk interior. I have a silver on silver but with chromed stock rims. I love the look but the gray interior shows the creases in the leather to much...
Interesting. I actually would have preferred Silver, I think. We'll see how it works out with the Houston summer sun and the skin on my thighs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.