: Who in Houston has the Black '04 V downtown?

AG'S-V
04-30-09, 11:04 AM
Are you by any chance driving a DTS loaner?

Just curious...I had one sneak up on me on the way to work and freakin blow my doors off because I wasn't paying attention...was that you?

CadiBlk
04-30-09, 11:28 AM
This belongs in this thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/19291-v-sightings-spotting-road-motion-only.html

Welcome to the forum.

AG'S-V
04-30-09, 11:56 AM
Oh...thanks, you are so helpful.:xeek:

whisler151
04-30-09, 05:33 PM
Oh...thanks, you are so helpful.:xeek:

There are a hand full of 400+rwhp black Vs in Houston. I dont think that many of them are on the forum. We've had a few Houston/DFW V meets and haven't had any of the beefed up Houston Vs show up. We did see two of them when a few Houston performance shops opened their doors for us.

TexasLonghorn
04-30-09, 07:48 PM
What road were you on? I was down town this morning but not in a DTS.

AG'S-V
04-30-09, 09:23 PM
Allen parkway

Albertan
05-01-09, 12:31 AM
I was on Allen Parkway lots a couple of weeks ago when I drove down. But mine isn't Black. Did see one in Feb though when I was in Houston. (Visiting daughters both live close to Allen Parkway.)

Mystical_Ice
05-01-09, 01:33 AM
There are a hand full of 400+rwhp black Vs in Houston. I dont think that many of them are on the forum. We've had a few Houston/DFW V meets and haven't had any of the beefed up Houston Vs show up. We did see two of them when a few Houston performance shops opened their doors for us.

yeah but remember that one at MTI (the black one they put on the dyno) was getting shipped to saudi arabia i think.

i have run into dozens of Vs here in Houston, and all with very, very few mods. i ran into an infrared a year or two ago that was supercharged (must have been because he blew me away like i was standing still, in my "3rd gear sweet spot" - 4000rpms).

in fact, i think it's about time we do a Houston meet... it's amazing how many people have bought Vs in Houston over the last 90 days.

TexasLonghorn
05-01-09, 01:56 PM
Allen parkway

Are you the ag in the silver V that stopped and talked to me at the light downtown? I have the black V with the headers and exhaust.

AG'S-V
05-01-09, 04:57 PM
Yup...that's me!

I thought you had a loaner and decided to mess with me or something...guess it WAS just an old pissed off guy...:hmm:

toby1952
05-01-09, 05:19 PM
Was that you on Gessner Yesterday coming from the Beltway? I saw a Black V heading west, and I was in a Silver V heading East. Was that you?

toby1952
05-01-09, 05:31 PM
I'm one of them. Bought my 2005 silver V 3/13, and I am having a heck of a time hooking up with any V owners. Must be an exclusive bunch huh? I would love to get a list of all the Houston V owners and try to have a get together sometime. Is that something that is doable?

AG'S-V
05-01-09, 05:48 PM
Most definitely...there's another thread putting one together.

Actually...Longhorn you are the reason I started looking into the V...saw your car about a year ago, I used to make the same trip to work in a maroon CC F250.

Mystical_Ice
05-01-09, 05:48 PM
Was that you on Gessner Yesterday coming from the Beltway? I saw a Black V heading west, and I was in a Silver V heading East. Was that you?

probably me. i work off Gessner between 290 and beltway

Mystical_Ice
05-01-09, 05:50 PM
I'm one of them. Bought my 2005 silver V 3/13, and I am having a heck of a time hooking up with any V owners. Must be an exclusive bunch huh? I would love to get a list of all the Houston V owners and try to have a get together sometime. Is that something that is doable?

yeah it used to be. me and darkman were probably the only 2 people from houston that would ever make appearances lol. now with all the people that have Vs these days, it's a lot easier finding people. i had lunch with two new V owners just a few weeks ago :)

toby1952
05-15-09, 02:18 PM
Where do you work AGS-V? I'm downtown almost every Tuesday @ Chevron in meetings. If you ever want to catch lunch let me know I'll buy.

AG'S-V
05-15-09, 05:11 PM
I'm at 1001 McKinney...let me know, wouldn't mind meeting ya!

GMBOUND
05-15-09, 09:11 PM
Where do you work AGS-V? I'm downtown almost every Tuesday @ Chevron in meetings. If you ever want to catch lunch let me know I'll buy.

yeah but remember that one at MTI (the black one they put on the dyno) was getting shipped to saudi arabia i think.

i have run into dozens of Vs here in Houston, and all with very, very few mods. i ran into an infrared a year or two ago that was supercharged (must have been because he blew me away like i was standing still, in my "3rd gear sweet spot" - 4000rpms).

in fact, i think it's about time we do a Houston meet... it's amazing how many people have bought Vs in Houston over the last 90 days.

Depending on what happens June 1, I might be making that Meet!
Then we can talk, Cars & Jobs!!

Whisler, don't forget about this Houstonian, making those Dallas Meets.

Mystical_Ice
05-16-09, 10:00 AM

let me know when you two go, i'll join ya'll.

so i take it both of you are going to be making the little meet at the end of may? :)

toby1952
05-16-09, 10:28 AM
It sure is funny as soon as I mention I would buy Mystical Ice magically appears…. LOL!! I thought you said you work off the beltway? And, yes I plan on going on the 28th unless something crazy happens. My son gets out of school that day and he will probably want to tag along (he's a teenager that likes fast cars).

AG'S-V
05-16-09, 08:52 PM
I'm still game for the meet as well at the end of the month.

You guys want to meet in the tunnels?

toby1952
05-16-09, 10:14 PM
Sounds good to me. I just found out I have a 1:30 meeting @ 1500 Louisiana Monday also. I can meet up Monday or Tuesday, just let me know when and where. My cell - 713-702-6777.

AG'S-V
05-16-09, 10:39 PM
11-12 is good for me...you going to be down there that early?

toby1952
05-16-09, 10:45 PM
Yes 11 works for me. Where do you want to meet?

d0nindp
05-22-09, 03:13 PM
Hey Houston guys, can any of you install a shifter? BTW, I'm in a red V and have been driving it downtown every work day for the last 3 years. I work over by City Hall.

BirdmanTamu
05-22-09, 03:31 PM
Hey, I'm also a red line V owner and would like to meet some other V owner's to compare mods...especially exhaust. IDK if I can meet on the 28th for lunch though (too many meetings), am very interested in the next big Houston V meet.

I've seen some SC'd V's in H-town before, but only in parking lots, never in motion.

BirdmanTamu
05-22-09, 03:38 PM
Hey Houston guys, can any of you install a shifter?

I CAN install a shifter, the question is do I WANT to install another shifter. Mine was kinda PITA. Would much rather prefer to supervise and be in charge of refreshments...:shiner:

I'm at I-10 south and the beltway near Channelview. PM me if you're gonna start the mod and need a helper.

d0nindp
05-22-09, 03:51 PM
I understand. :D Well I am mechanically inclined so a helper with experience is all I really need. I live in Deer Park. I'll definitely hit you up if I decide to take this on. From what I've read, it's a GOOD mod.

Was going to trade the V for a Z06 but ran into problems with the seller. Keeping the V now so I figure I'll drop some money into it to make it somewhat new. Would like to get 50more hp out of the V (it's bone stock) but I'm only going to spend $2k. $950 just went to a new set of black Rottas. Not sure where the other $1100 will go.

toby1952
05-22-09, 07:26 PM
I can relate I'm bone stock also, and would like about 50-80 more HP. Are you guys aware of the get together on the 28th @ 6PM? We are planing on meeting off 290, I know it would be a long drive for you east side boys.

Mystical_Ice
05-22-09, 11:39 PM
i hope all of you boys are coming to the little V meet the last thursday in may. ;)

d0nindp
05-23-09, 10:11 AM
i hope all of you boys are coming to the little V meet the last thursday in may. ;)

I need to get some details but I'll try to make it.