: V let down

MIKEC
04-29-09, 11:57 PM
This ever happen to any of you guys.went to give a friend a ride home from the grocery store so i backed into a parking spot turn the engine off,fiddled with cd player.when the friend came out i turned the key to start the car and nothing .lights,radio everything works.tried jumping it still nothing roadside service had it picked up and taken to lindsay hope to find out what is wrong by tomorrow.perfect timing my warranty ended april 1

jweymar
04-30-09, 12:11 AM
i did the connector on the started solenoid broke and came off. Easy Fix

c4ss
04-30-09, 01:17 AM
:yeah:

That happened to mine as well, except right when I got my car. Had it dropped off to the dealership because it was still under warranty. Turned out to be a fried wire for me. Only thing I could think of when it happened was when I was putting on the CAGS. Or just wear and tear (bought car slightly used)

bigREDfreshness
04-30-09, 11:07 AM
Mine did that, but only intermittently. The first time I had it towed and it started up just fine at the dealership, so they couldn't find what was wrong (mostly since they had no clue what I was talking about). I had some work done after an accident and it did it at the body shop, but they couldn't figure it out either. Of course once they towed it around to the other side of the lot it started just fine. So when I took it from the shop, I took it right to another dealership. But this time to trade it in. Luckily it started fine and I got what I was looking for. I would have loved it if the first time they tried to test-drive with a customer and it didn't start. Classic. I would normally never do that sort of thing, but I wasn't very fond of that dealership (I would never do that to a private-party buyer). I gave them the keys, I drove off, and they shut their doors literally 8 days later. Ugh

JD03Cobra
04-30-09, 11:16 AM
I had the same problem on my 03 Cobra. The car had a loose ground. Problem solved.

MIKEC
04-30-09, 04:04 PM
Well fellas it turned out to be the same problem some other members had a wire to the starter fried or broke loose.while they were taking care of that they found out that both motor mounts were broken and the radiator had a small leak.wouldn't you know it all this and my warranty ended april 1

shadybx7
04-30-09, 04:17 PM
Well fellas it turned out to be the same problem some other members had a wire to the starter fried or broke loose.while they were taking care of that they found out that both motor mounts were broken and the radiator had a small leak.wouldn't you know it all this and my warranty ended april 1

:rant2: that just blows

lollygagger8
04-30-09, 04:20 PM

At least the wirse is an easy fix.

Get the "the new design" UUC MM's from Luke since you have to pay for new ones anyways.

shadybx7
04-30-09, 04:35 PM
if you can wait there are better cheaper motor mounts in the works..:stirpot:

justin311
04-30-09, 04:55 PM
Radiator leak is common. I'm surprised you didn't get the coolant light.

justin311
04-30-09, 04:59 PM
Oh yeah factory motor mounts blow. I have 2 good ones. I haven't had any trouble out of my UUC, but I'm still in for the new design.

MIKEC
04-30-09, 05:28 PM
just talk to lindsay parts dept. no uuc mounts for a few weeks so the factory ones should get me thru the summer i can't take the down time right now.as for the radiator i've been ripped off by ken dixon automotive.one of their porters had an accident and they had to replace my front bumber.the service tech there informed me that the rad had a small leak probably from when the porter had the accident and they were taking care of that.now i know they never replaced it at all. i was in the service area waiting for six hrs that day for nothing.i can't wait til monday gets here.